Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician prices

Options
  • 21-08-2018 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Can someone please help.
    I have recently started out on my own. I usually price time and labor. Can someone give me an idea of how to price per item. Eg per socket and do u charge for a light and a light switch or just a light? I’m new pricing this way. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Light would be for say down lighter around 50.

Socket around 100.

Break down cost of cable, back box, socket etc and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If you price for time now, just price for time and material.

It's that simple. An estimate is the sum of thousands of guesses.

Work out the cost of your materials

So this is a sample

Your 150M of 3*2.5.sq.mm cable

Say it costs 50 cent a meter and one tradesperson can install 200M per hour.

If you need 150M

Pop it into Excel

200M in 1 hour is 1/200= .005

Work your labour into hours. Use decimals for this so half an hour is 0.5 hours quater if an hour is 0.25 etc

Say your cost labour rate including non productive time (you've to pay prsi, pension 9 bank holidays , holidays etc

So for example if the rate you pay the tradesperson is 24 euro. The cost to your business for him might be 36 euro per hour

So hold 36 euro as your cost labour rate

So 150M meter if cable is as follows

Material + Labour
    (150M*0.5) + (150M* .005)

75 euro + .75 hours

Cost per hour @36

75 +27 = 102 euro cost to you

Mark up as needed.

That's rough but it's the principal of it

Test you labour Norms so say pick something you know like say you know you wire and install 4 sockets per hour

Make sure your estimate isn't too far off that for labour when you add up all the bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A friend has bought a house that has been idle for 7 months with the electricity turned off.

He knows the person who lived there and there was never any electrical or other issues with the house, it's a 10 year old timber frame build.

He needs to get an electrician to RECI certify it, anyone have a rough idea of how much it will cost presuming everything is still working as it should be?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement