Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Songs Playing Back as Track Nos.

Options
  • 21-08-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please help! Have put Songs on a RW CD and in Windows Media Player the Songs show up with the details they were downloaded to Laptop as. But when playing in Car-CD-Player and in File Explorer they play as Track 1, Track 2, Track 3 etc. It's so annoying. They seem to burn successfully to the CD just get named as Track Numbers and not the downloaded title/details they downloaded to Computer with. :( It's probably something very small some Setting or something I need to check or tick or change buttt I just don't know what! :-l :(

I burned the CD using Windows Media Player and the individual Songs all seemed to burn successfully, just that they play back as Track 1 Track 2 etc, but I want them to play back with the Name/Details/Title they downloaded as..

What may have feicied things up, is I tried to burn first with RealPlayer but I think you actually need to buy the RealPlayer Programme in order to burn Songs, and now there's Songs just sitting on the CD as "Files waiting to be written to CD," from when I tried to burn with RealPlayer and I don't know how to get rid of them. :rolleyes::mad: I erased the CD, but that didn't do anything they are still sitting on the CD waiting to be written. I think W.M.P. is the Default Music Player as it is but is there any way I can un-attach RealPlayer altogether or something, would that make a difference? Or is there some Setting I need to change? Would really appreciate any help. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

If there's anywhere else more suitable to post this please suggest where else might be good to post it... Thanking you kindly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Two possibilities I can think of ....

The track detail data shows when played on a device that has internet connection and not if it doesn't, or if the player does not have the function to grab the data from an on line source.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB

The track detail data is stored on the original disc but not on a copy, so is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thank you for your reply. Have seen your first possibility suggested online alright and I couldn't make head nor tail by what they mean but you have explained it very well! The thing is, the Car-CD-Player has grabbed the File Titles/Names/Details from burned CD's fine successfully before.

It's just this time around I was messing about with RealPlayer beforehand and I'm wondered if that is blocking W.M.P. some way or stopping it from totally completing the Task of enabling the burned CD to play back with the Files details.... However I have looked it up online and it seems Files waiting to be written can occur just from someone inserting the CD into the Computer Drive so me messing about with RealPlayer may not be the reason.

I know there is some option somewhere in Settings/Privacy etc. to check and un-check if ya want to name your Files the same name as the original File but I think that is checked.. Dunno would that make any difference to this anyway.

If I could just get rid of these written Songs just sitting there from when I initially tried burning with Real, - maybe every part of the burning with W.M.P. will all work successfully.

I did erase the CD but that didn't erase the Files waiting to be written sitting there. :rolleyes::mad: And there's no delete option if right-clicking or anything like that, they are just hanging there. :mad:

It's not actually just ripping music from an original CD to another CD, it's burning downloaded music from online to a RWCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thank you for your reply. Have seen your first possibility suggested online alright and I couldn't make head nor tail by what they mean but you have explained it very well! The thing is, the Car-CD-Player has grabbed the File Titles/Names/Details from burned CD's fine successfully before.

Those CDs might have had the CDDB data burned to the CD along with the tracks, and so the car player could access the details.

That is a situation I tried to explain in my second point above.

It is a very long time since I messed about with audio CDs (~10 years) and even then I was using Linux, not Windows, so the software you refer to (WMP & RealPlayer) is alien to me. ;)

Sorry I cannot help further.
    Maybe ensuring the CDDB data is included in your burn will solve the problem when you try a new burn.

It's just this time around I was messing about with RealPlayer beforehand and I'm wondered if that is blocking W.M.P. some way or stopping it from totally completing the Task of enabling the burned CD to play back with the Files details.... However I have looked it up online and it seems Files waiting to be written can occur just from someone inserting the CD into the Computer Drive so me messing about with RealPlayer may not be the reason.

I know there is some option somewhere in Settings/Privacy etc. to check and un-check if ya want to name your Files the same name as the original File but I think that is checked.. Dunno would that make any difference to this anyway.

If I could just get rid of these written Songs just sitting there from when I initially tried burning with Real, - maybe every part of the burning with W.M.P. will all work successfully.

I did erase the CD but that didn't erase the Files waiting to be written sitting there. :rolleyes::mad: And there's no delete option if right-clicking or anything like that, they are just hanging there. :mad:

It's not actually just ripping music from an original CD to another CD, it's burning downloaded music from online to a RWCD.

Advertisement