Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemates boyfriend staying too much

Options
  • 21-08-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, so here is the story - I rent an apartment and rented out the spare room to help cover the cost of rent. Everything was fine until she started dating this guy. I just don’t like him at all, he makes me feel very uncomfortable, my boyfriend also does not like him.

About a month ago she asked us if he could move in. We told her no, that it would be too cramped and that he was not allowed move in, which she seemed to accept.

But now he is staying here around 5 nights a week. It’s not about money/splitting the bills, it is purely a case of its feeling very cramped with him here.

Any advise on how to address it/where I stand with her being my licensee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,946 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

She's a licensee.

Tell her the rules of the house. If she doesn't like them, give her a week to be gone. (Summer's almost over, even if she can't find a place, she can move into a backpackers hostel on weekly rate while she does.)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

She's a licensee.

Tell her the rules of the house. If she doesn't like them, give her a week to be gone. (Summer's almost over, even if she can't find a place, she can move into a backpackers hostel on weekly rate while she does.)

U need to grow a pair and tell her straight up it’s too much, she asked could he move in and you said no. U need to stand by what u said because she took no heed. One night a week would be enough, after a night out or something but 5-6 is too much.
    Tell her he is overstaying his welcome and if she is not willing to change immediately you need to be able to tell her she needs to go

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Idonotknow wrote: »
    About a month ago she asked us if he could move in. We told her no
    But now he is staying here around 5 nights a week
    he makes me feel very uncomfortable, my boyfriend also does not like him.
    Give her a weeks notice, and replace her. Let her play silly games somewhere else.
    he makes me feel very uncomfortable
    If they do anything stupid in the weeks notice, give 24 hours notice.

Advertisement