Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Non Sh*t Bank Account

• 21-08-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi,

Moving back to Ireland from London. I have a UK bank account which I find very good, no charges e.g stamp duty on cards or general charge, half decent rates, ISA etc. Everything is online and quick to do.

Looking at Irish accounts and all I see is charges for everything. I am adjusting my UK account to my Irish Address but will be moving back to UK in a few years so will be putting money back into that every month.

I have my old Irish accounts with 2 Irish banks and the online services seem poor. Also, the charges and having to keep a constant amount €2,500 in current account is mad. I can do this but I tend to move money into savings that can't be easily touched.

I currently have a N26 account but no credit card option (my UK credit card covered my phone and holiday insurance) and there seems to be no benefit with Irish credit cards. I also have a Revolut which is great.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

PHG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

EBS - free day to day banking with no balance / lodgement restrictions. (Basic online facility and no app)

Buy insurance separately , you pay for it either way

You have N26 which is probably the most powerful current account on the market.

If you want more than the above options you will pay for it with charges or lodgement / balance requirements to avoid them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

PHG wrote: »
    Hi,

Moving back to Ireland from London. I have a UK bank account which I find very good, no charges e.g stamp duty on cards or general charge, half decent rates, ISA etc. Everything is online and quick to do.

Looking at Irish accounts and all I see is charges for everything. I am adjusting my UK account to my Irish Address but will be moving back to UK in a few years so will be putting money back into that every month.

I have my old Irish accounts with 2 Irish banks and the online services seem poor. Also, the charges and having to keep a constant amount €2,500 in current account is mad. I can do this but I tend to move money into savings that can't be easily touched.

I currently have a N26 account but no credit card option (my UK credit card covered my phone and holiday insurance) and there seems to be no benefit with Irish credit cards. I also have a Revolut which is great.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

PHG

With Revolut and N26, you've no need to get involved with any Irish Bank, unless you want a credit card.

I have both and a credit card with Avantcard. I'm only with them because it's a platinum card and it makes me feel special :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Thanks for the replies.

Will see if HSBC will open a euro one for me too.

Havent heard of an avantcard so will have a Google

That Platinum and Gold card gets me too :)

Advertisement