Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest domestic postal rates

Options
  • 21-08-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Is there any way to bring the postage cost per small envelope below the €1 An Post stamp cost if I wanted to post 5,000 letters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I used a bureau service and they did the all in service (printing, folding, inserting as well as posting) for less than a euro per item.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

I used a bureau service and they did the all in service (printing, folding, inserting as well as posting) for less than a euro per item.

From what I have seen that sounds too good to be true but I hope it's not.

Can you tell me the name of the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We have a franking machine and the cost is €0.95 per letter

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

I have been looking into a franking machine and meeting all automated requirements I can get it down to 71c but I'm looking to send out 1,000 letters 3 or 4 times a year so the initial expenses, setup time and ongoing maintenance charges take away from the usefulness of the machine but may look into leasing one if I end up mailing more regularly. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

KBD85 wrote: »
    I have been looking into a franking machine and meeting all automated requirements I can get it down to 71c but I'm looking to send out 1,000 letters 3 or 4 times a year so the initial expenses, setup time and ongoing maintenance charges take away from the usefulness of the machine but may look into leasing one if I end up mailing more regularly. Thanks for your reply.

I sent you that in a PM.

You send them a PDF of all the letters you want to send. They post them in windowed envelopes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

An Post do bulk rates - call a local business manager, details are on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

Like antoinolachtnai above we use a company for all-in printing and posting service - not sure if it's the same company.

I have no direct link to these guys but the business I work with use them for sending monthly invoices to customers.

www.hybridmailsolutions.com

They print, envelope and post all in for great rate. Speedy turnaround too.

May be worth checking out.

Baz

Advertisement