Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New G-mail Interface

Options
  • 22-08-2018 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Does anyone else think the new G-mail interface looks like a rubbish bin in a skip on a landfill in Athlone?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Hey!! I like rubbish bins in skips on landfills in Athlone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Bradlin wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the new G-mail interface looks like a rubbish bin in a skip on a landfill in Athlone?

Is this smartphone only? Or PC? I haven't seen the new interface, though I do have the new twitter interface on my phone...and it's odd they moved the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bradlin wrote: »

no, they have far more colour and definition than the gmail mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Settings - go back to old g mail - sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

It's an absolute fukin disgrace of an interface. Looks like they allowed baby infants with crayons design it.
    Google have become nothing more than a data gathering & advertising company. They don't give two fuks about the user experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah its horrible alright

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It is f!cking dreadful and I can see it being changed again in a year or two's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is f!cking dreadful and I can see it being changed again in a year or two's time.

All sites employ developers who have to justify their existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Use Protonmail!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

I don't think it's that bad really, it takes getting used to but now my inbox looks a lot cleaner and the old interface was getting a bit dated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

verycool wrote: »
    Use Protonmail!

Have done for a few years and admittedly, their interface could do with a little update :D

Discodog wrote: »
    Settings - go back to old g mail - sorted.

The new layout will be the default from October or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i don't like it
    too much whitespace
    change it back

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jim salter wrote:
    It's an absolute fukin disgrace of an interface. Looks like they allowed baby infants with crayons design it. Google have become nothing more than a data gathering & advertising company. They don't give two fuks about the user experience

Errr emmm, this has always been it's business model

bluewolf wrote: »
    i don't like it
    too much whitespace
    change it black

^ that'll remove the whitespace. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

^ that'll remove the whitespace. :P

i see a red door and i want to paint it black

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Microsoft mail is much better but it still needs some tweaking. It seems to be a bit on the slow side in comparison to gmail but if this is ironed out I'll be using it permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Do people still use the web interface for email? I thought those days died out with the millennium :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I value

Form COLOR="White"]x[/COLOR
    Function [x]

dotsman wrote: »
    Do people still use the web interface for email? I thought those days died out with the millennium :eek:

Businesses who'd rather their provider be gmail rather than O365?

• Advertisement

Yep, via tablet or laptop. I can use phones for texting and face book messenger, but for emails I'm more cautious-I can't afford a typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Is this smartphone only? Or PC? I haven't seen the new interface, though I do have the new twitter interface on my phone...and it's odd they moved the menus.

I know there's a redesign coming for the app but I didn't think it was coming yet. The website changed a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I like it, and I kind of like the whitespace, it goes nicely with the design UI of Pie, I like how it's pretty much same functionality whether I'm on a desktop or on my Pixel 2...

Then again, it always had got that, so it's nowt new just a lick of paint I suppose... :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Got the option to change a few weeks ago and clicked no for no particular reason.

Only realising now that I've been using a new GMail interface at work.

I don't see the issue. It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I hate Gmail. Outlook is much easier and clean looking

I hate Gmail. Outlook is much easier and clean looking

Use Thunderbird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Businesses who'd rather their provider be gmail rather than O365?

Your provider can still be gmail (my personal email is) or any email provider (or you can even be your own email provider!, but I haven't used a web interface in almost 2 decades.

Outlook or Thunderbird is far, far, far superior.
    Yep, via tablet or laptop. I can use phones for texting and face book messenger, but for emails I'm more cautious-I can't afford a typo.

So doesn't it make sense to use a proper email client to type your emails rather than a web interface?

Your provider can still be gmail (my personal email is) or any email provider (or you can even be your own email provider!, but I haven't used a web interface in almost 2 decades.

Outlook or Thunderbird is far, far, far superior.

So doesn't it make sense to use a proper email client to type your emails rather than a web interface?

Yes, true. I suppose I'm a creature of habit, I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Use the desktop site... Here.... https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/15viwrz3ewz10/?&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,465 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always hate these things when they new but I just get used to them!

Advertisement