Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implications of GDPR

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Especially if they catch wind that subs can't call the roll. We can't access any data on students now, just our own classes. So if we are filling in at short notice for another teacher, what then... get the secretary to assign us the teachers classes every single time.

This happened in our school last year. The DP's job was to figure out who was absent in the morning. And if John was out, then Alex was given his class on VS Ware and could take a roll. It was also a way to tell Alex that he was needed at a certain time, without having to track him down and telling him.

Worked for us, but we don't have a massive school or a high teacher absentee rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

dory wrote: »
    This happened in our school last year. The DP's job was to figure out who was absent in the morning. And if John was out, then Alex was given his class on VS Ware and could take a roll. It was also a way to tell Alex that he was needed at a certain time, without having to track him down and telling him.

Worked for us, but we don't have a massive school or a high teacher absentee rate.

If you are assigned to another teacher timetable on S&S does it automatically give you access permissions to their roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

If you are assigned to another teacher timetable on S&S does it automatically give you access permissions to their roll?

There is the facility yes to put them on your vs ware account for the day...they appear in a different colour. Harder though for kids being pulled for resource as that's sometimes not up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

Corkgirl18 wrote: »

Is that document produced by the Dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

doc_17 wrote: »
    Is that document produced by the Dept?

It's an embedded link in GDPR section of JMB website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I mean independently of the screen lock on the device. The iPad has a six digit passcode. Honestly I use it so much in the classroom it wouldn’t take much for a student to learn it by watching me. And I don’t have drive locked apart from that. I’m going to look into that now

If using the google drive app annoyingly there is absolutely no way to sign out
    You have to remove the account every single time

So again it is back to having one device solely for school business imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

km79 wrote: »
    If using the google drive app annoyingly there is absolutely no way to sign out
    You have to remove the account every single time

So again it is back to having one device solely for school business imo

Discovering that at the moment which is ridiculous. My device has fingerprint scanner so I think that’ll have to be the route and stop using the pin code which I know is a silly habit with the reader right there!

Advertisement