Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mané (BHA)
    Fromvert wrote: »
    Chris Hughton loves to take an absolute hiding off Liverpool

#BringbackSuarez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Mané (BHA)
    That poll result is fairly worrying for the non Salah captainers.

Still undecided, but this poll might sway me, thought it would have been much closer between Salah and Aguero.
    elefant wrote: »
    What Kane did to my season at the end of that month will forever be all that remains in my memories of him from that time.

Not having Kane for those 2 hat tricks killed my season last year, dropped about 600k in the space of a week, and just couldn't get back into contention

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mané (BHA)
    Have Salah but thought more would be going for Mane. Looks very sharp so far and trying to work a way to get him in myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mané (BHA)
    I think the easiest way to look at the captain choice between Salah and Aguero is like this.

Both players are expected to score 1. Salah gets more points.
    Liverpool and City are likely to keep a clean sheet. Salah gets clean sheet points.
    If both players only score 1 goal. Aguero likely to get BP's Salah No.

So it's pretty tight but the clean sheet and more points for Salah for a goal wins it.

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    I’m having flashbacks about the BGW when I captained Defoe over Salah. I can laugh now.

Going with Aubameyang this weekend. Ain’t nothing gonna stop me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mané (BHA)
    I think the easiest way to look at the captain choice between Salah and Aguero is like this.

Both players are expected to score 1. Salah gets more points.
    Liverpool and City are likely to keep a clean sheet. Salah gets clean sheet points.
    If both players only score 1 goal. Aguero likely to get BP's Salah No.

So it's pretty tight but the clean sheet and more points for Salah for a goal wins it.

Nobody captains Aguero thinking he'll only get 1 goal :)

Salah for me this week. Think it's time to punish the non-owners Mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sterling (wol)
    The gut says Aguero, the head says Salah.

The form says Aguero, the fixture says Salah.

The risky differential move to try climb the rankings says Aguero, the safe move to not get punished and fall behind says Salah.

It's a tough one, I was all set on Aggy but I'm thinking I might switch.

Wrestlemaniac above made a good point about Wolves' style, and it perhaps being a better game for the likes of Sterling to use his pace. I noticed Wolves have conceded 6 shots per game so far. Small sample size and they played against 10 men for much of their 2 games, but that's actually the lowest amount of shots faced in the whole league so far. Brighton on the other hand are 7th highest with 14 shots conceded per game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Mané (BHA)
    Not having Kane for those 2 hat tricks killed my season last year, dropped about 600k in the space of a week, and just couldn't get back into contention

It was his 3 points in the double gameweek after two hattricks in a row that riled me up :mad:

(It was actually January though, not December)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Mané (BHA)
    elefant wrote: »
    It was his 3 points in the double gameweek after two hattricks in a row that riled me up :mad:

(It was actually January though, not December)

Yup, I had him for that 3 point haul as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Mané (BHA)
    Yup, I had him for that 3 point haul as well

TC :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Sterling (wol)
    Salah looked very rusty against Crystal Palace. Was in the right places, but his touch was appalling, and finishing wasnt great either.
    I have him in my team, but I am not confident enough to captain him against brighton. Has to be Aguero for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sterling (wol)
    Aguero, hes on flying form and Pep wont bench him.Salah off penos aswell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mané (BHA)
    When's the last time a player got back to back hat tricks or so? Can't see Kun going nuts.

Suarez v Norwich and someone else, maybe Sunderland. I think he also had a double in that run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Harry Kane did it last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mané (BHA)
    I think Mané has great explosive potential for this GW but I don't have him and even so I'm not sure I'd risk him over Salah considering the %.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mitrovic (BUR)
    iroced wrote: »
    I think Mané has great explosive potential for this GW but I don't have him and even so I'm not sure I'd risk him over Salah considering the %.

This is my issue, I'd love to 'chance' Mane as think he might just fair better than Salah and be a nice differential.

The odds on FPL have given Salah expected points at 7.89 & Mane as 5.95 which is swaying me more to the Salah camp.

Mane has looked impressive so far but GW3 isn't the time to go chasing points just yet, think it'll be best to go Salah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m having flashbacks about the BGW when I captained Defoe over Salah. I can laugh now.

Going with Aubameyang this weekend. Ain’t nothing gonna stop me.

Why you looking st him? Have you salah and Kun?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mané (BHA)
    This is my issue, I'd love to 'chance' Mane as think he might just fair better than Salah and be a nice differential.

The odds on FPL have given Salah expected points at 7.89 & Mane as 5.95 which is swaying me more to the Salah camp.

Mane has looked impressive so far but GW3 isn't the time to go chasing points just yet, think it'll be best to go Salah
    Yeah that's my thinking.

The thing with this game (well in my modest opinion anyway) is despite playing your own strategy and not following blindly the masses there are sometimes compromises to be made over the risk/gain ratio.

Taking a quick look at FFS (C) poll, Salah's on 53% (5.2k votes) to Mané's 8% (800+ votes). It's even more disproportionate in here. So, to really make some gains worth the risk you'd need to see Mané get a double digit score and Salah to blank or just get a marginal assist. And if the opposite happens, welcome to the "millionaires" OR club :p.

I think owning Mané (over Firmino for example - they're both having a similar ~30% ownership) is already in itself a positive differential so far (26 points to Firmino 7).

- edit -
    Now, I would not give too much credit to the FPL odds. Not sure how they estimate them...

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why you looking st him? Have you salah and Kun?

Have all 3.

Just banking on West Ham being the poorest of the 3 opposition teams. It has served me well in the past to pick the team I want to captain against as much as the player I may want to captain.

In fairness all 3 are fantastic options this week but I’m choosing between Aubameyang and Salah with preference currently for the man playing West Ham.

People may be forgetting that Liverpool trounced Brighton in the match after they had achieved survival. Wasn’t hard to score 5 past a hungover 11.

Wolves haven’t offered up many chances but have conceded a few. Maybe Patricio isn’t that hot and Aguero does like a shot so we’ll see how good he is this weekend.

I suppose I really really just fancy Arsenal to absolutely thump West Ham. I watched 7 full 90 minute matches the first week and 7 last week. Yet to see a team as bad as them. Noble and Wilshere in the middle is almost laughable.

My prediction - early Arsenal goal. 2-0 after 20 minutes. Wilshere straight red for reckless tackle. 6-0.

Mané (BHA)
    Exact same thinking. God knows I wanted to give Mane the armband in GW1 but having him was enough of a slight differential in terms of people opting for Firmino as 2nd attacking option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah looked much more threatening than mane the other day. His goal was a last minute breakaway goal. His only attempt from memory. The only other time he threatened attacking points was when he put in a cross for salah. Salah had 3 one one ones if you count when he was taken down for the peno and a couple of good assist chances that he created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Mané (BHA)
    I suppose I really really just fancy Arsenal to absolutely thump West Ham. I watched 7 full 90 minute matches the first week and 7 last week. Yet to see a team as bad as them. Noble and Wilshere in the middle is almost laughable.

You make a very convincing argument! But I wonder would simply owning Auba be enough this week? This early in the season I think it's safer to go with the masses for captaincy choices. I've had an okay start personally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sterling (wol)
    tailgunner wrote: »
    You make a very convincing argument! But I wonder would simply owning Auba be enough this week? This early in the season I think it's safer to go with the masses for captaincy choices. I've had an okay start personally though.

Was just going to post similar. Most people seem to have Aguero and packed midfield so not too many Aubameyang teams about. I am happy to just have him this week and stick with Aguero captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have all 3.

Just banking on West Ham being the poorest of the 3 opposition teams. It has served me well in the past to pick the team I want to captain against as much as the player I may want to captain.

In fairness all 3 are fantastic options this week but I’m choosing between Aubameyang and Salah with preference currently for the man playing West Ham.

People may be forgetting that Liverpool trounced Brighton in the match after they had achieved survival. Wasn’t hard to score 5 past a hungover 11.

Wolves haven’t offered up many chances but have conceded a few. Maybe Patricio isn’t that hot and Aguero does like a shot so we’ll see how good he is this weekend.

My prediction - early Arsenal goal. 2-0 after 20 minutes. Wilshere straight red for reckless tackle. 6-0.

How has your season started? I’ve started terribly and PEA could help me recoup some of the ground I’ve lost but also if he blanks or gets dropped I could lose major ground on everyone and be out of a lot of my leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sterling (wol)
    Have all 3.

I think it is a good strategy. I know that I have often checked to see which goalkeeper has conceded most rather than clean sheet statistics. I think it's the all round picture isn't it? The more pieces of the puzzle you look at the more clear the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mané (BHA)
    Have all 3.

You don’t have the balls to follow through with this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think they'll get hammered too but I reckon PEA will be left wing and Lacazette upfront in these easy home games. He'll still probably rack up a good score though but he'll essentially be playing the same position as Mkhy which puts me off him (assuming I'm right).

Mané (BHA)
    So you're saying I should captain Lacazette???

Insert Dumb & Dumber pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PARlance wrote:
    So you're saying I should captain Lacazette???

Haha I wouldn't go that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I'm all over the place with this one tbh and I dont even have Salah.
    My initial thought was Abua because as has already been pointed out West Ham are god awful. But then I got scared of being burnt by Kun and decided merely having Abua would be enough if he tears it up as at 16% his ownership is quite low for a big player. And then I got the Salah fear and came to the conclusion that I need to cptain Mane in case Liverpool go nuts and I am not only Salah less but with a non captain Mane.
    In summary I haven't  notion what I'm going to do, but what I will tell you is tht whatever I do go with will ultimately prove to be wrong :ermm:

Advertisement