If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Bundle

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks, how much would you do the following bundle for - Overtime, I would then pick up the sub when more money is available!!

Sonos Playbar
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12131-playbar.aspx

Sonos Play 1 x 2
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12709-black-311692.aspx

Sonos Play 1 Stands
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200326-sonos-play1-stand.aspx

Or would you recommend I should get something else for the price?? I want to purchase a new system over the next week or two!

Thanks
    Hi BeanFlicker.

The Sonos products are very good indeed and they is really only the Denon Hoes that could be used as an alternative.
    Most other 5.1 systems we would sell would have wired speakers.

On the Playbar, Play 1 x2 and the stands are already cheaper in Euro than our sterling pricing so I don't have much further room for discount unfortunately.
    I could go to 1165 Euro delivered.

For nearly the same money you could get the Denon AVRX2500 with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack for 1175 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500-monitor-audio-mass-5-1.html

This would sound much better than the Sonos setup but is a wired setup.
    The AVRX2500 has the Heos built in and can integrate into a multi room system. It also has Alexa voice control and many many more features.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Thanks Kenny - food for thought man, that Denon with Atmos & 5.1 looks v. impressive - I'm going to do bit more research and come back to you if that cool.

If you don't mind - If I had the Sub with the Sonos playbar and 2xPlay1's - would you still recommend the Denon/5.1 over the Sonos full package? I don't mind about wiring, just want the best for buck at around that price quoted.

Thanks Kenny - food for thought man, that Denon with Atmos & 5.1 looks v. impressive - I'm going to do bit more research and come back to you if that cool.

If you don't mind - If I had the Sub with the Sonos playbar and 2xPlay1's - would you still recommend the Denon/5.1 over the Sonos full package? I don't mind about wiring, just want the best for buck at around that price quoted.
    Hey BeanFlicker.

In my opinion the AVRX2500 + mass 5.1 would still sound much better than the Sonos.

Adding the sub to the other Sonos items would take you up to 1915 Euro.
    For this amount you could get an even better sound if you stuck with the Denon AVRX2500 and added something like the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 https://www.richersounds.com/monitor-audio-bronze-2-5-1-black.html
    It would come in around 2000 Euro

Sonos is a great product but a wired system at the same money will always sound better. Sonos does have lot of features but the Denon with the Heos built in pretty much matches the features of Sonos.

That looks class - thanks Kenny

Things have changed somewhat, and now I need to buy household c*** so my tech is getting a hit!!

I might work my way through & start with the Sonos Playbar and overtime get the 5.1, or your recommendation above.

Kenny any boards deal on just the Playbar for now? Thanks again

That looks class - thanks Kenny

Things have changed somewhat, and now I need to buy household c*** so my tech is getting a hit!!

I might work my way through & start with the Sonos Playbar and overtime get the 5.1, or your recommendation above.

Kenny any boards deal on just the Playbar for now? Thanks again
    Hi BeanFlicker.

That's always the way :(

I could offer the Sonos Playbar for a one off boardie deal of £650 delivered.

• Advertisement

Hi BeanFlicker.

That's always the way :(

I could offer the Sonos Playbar for a one off boardie deal of £650 delivered.

Sounds good Kenny. I'll be purchasing something from yee on Tuesday.

Would I be better going for the Sj9? I like it more than the Playbar I think, seems better value too
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202569-sj9.aspx

I've the 55B7 so I'm thinking this might be the better option, what do you think? I'll be hooking up to Xbox X, PS4 etc

Is any boards offer on the £599? I'll be purchasing one or the other on Tuesday

Hi,

Certainly the SJ9 is an excellent soundbar, and the atmos is a nice feature to have.  Personally I would still lean towards the Sonos, due to it's ability to be integrated into a multiroom set up

Regards Stephen

Hi,

Certainly the SJ9 is an excellent soundbar, and the atmos is a nice feature to have.  Personally I would still lean towards the Sonos, due to it's ability to be integrated into a multiroom set up

Regards Stephen

Thanks Kenny.

My head is melted, I'm sure yours is too with all of these questions but really appreciate your help.

I've now stumbled across the LG SK9Y
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203307-402245.aspx

I see it's the updated version which two rear speakers can be added over time - the LG SPK8 2.0 and have a 7.1.2 system

Would it be easier to call the store at this stage to discuss?

I'm stuck between these options:
    1)Go nuts & save up the money for the Atmos AV receiver/5.1 that you have recommended above
    2)LG SK9Y and get the SP8 next payday
    3)Sonos Beam or Playbar, and get the Play1x2 next payday

Few others things to note:
    I don't mind about multi room, it's more for gaming and movies.
    My sitting room is approx 5m x 4m so not that big
    I want rear speakers, & preference for less wiring etc

Thanks again

Hi,

Regards Stephen

Thanks Kenny.

My head is melted, I'm sure yours is too with all of these questions but really appreciate your help.

I've now stumbled across the LG SK9Y
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203307-402245.aspx

I see it's the updated version which two rear speakers can be added over time - the LG SPK8 2.0 and have a 7.1.2 system

Would it be easier to call the store at this stage to discuss?

I'm stuck between these options:
    1)Go nuts & save up the money for the Atmos AV receiver/5.1 that you have recommended above
    2)LG SK9Y and get the SP8 next payday
    3)Sonos Beam or Playbar, and get the Play1x2 next payday

Few others things to note:
    I don't mind about multi room, it's more for gaming and movies.
    My sitting room is approx 5m x 4m so not that big
    I want rear speakers, & preference for less wiring etc

Thanks again
    Hey BeanFlicker.

Yeah, Manufacturers don't like to make it an easy choice.

Each setup you mention its totally different to the other.
    For me the best option is the wired system but everyone is different.
    The Sonos can only ever reproduce Dolby Digital and can not do any high def audio and beyond.
    The LG SK9Y with the added speakers does a very good job also with being able to decode Atmos.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.