Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic alarm

Options
  • 22-08-2018 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

My mother in law has a Visonic alarm. She lives in the middle of nowhere in Leitrim.

Two devices had problems. I replaced batteries on both. One is ok now but the other isn't. It fell off the wall and I think it's damaged.

The alarm won't let me exit TESTING. I tried disabling the bad sensor but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Can I unplug the alarm and shut it down? It hasn't worked in over a year. She's happy to do without an alarm for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Have you engineers code

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need the engineer code to delete the faulty device.
    If you want to power it down open the panel by removing the screws at the bottom & unplug the AC power lead & the battery lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mad Benny wrote: »
    My mother in law has a Visonic alarm. She lives in the middle of nowhere in Leitrim.

Two devices had problems. I replaced batteries on both. One is ok now but the other isn't. It fell off the wall and I think it's damaged.

The alarm won't let me exit TESTING. I tried disabling the bad sensor but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Can I unplug the alarm and shut it down? It hasn't worked in over a year. She's happy to do without an alarm for a while.

You could default the codes on that system and remove the faulty device.
    Power down by removing battery and mains.
    put a short across E and F on the back and power back up.
    This will return codes to factory default without taking away the full programming of the system.

Advertisement