Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lego Technic Porsche 911 - €160

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

actuar90 wrote: »
    Lowest price I've seen for this and argos is giving €10 back on spends over €100 at the moment
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1070042

Fantastic price for that model, lowest I've ever seen to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Hhhhmmmm.... Friday is payday.... God dammit BA... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

129GBP in Newry Argos UK, if you don't mind driving :)
    (+ 10GBP voucher)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It's a great price, but butchered set really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

Per thread in Lego forum I have a code for Liffey Valley til tomorrow if anyone missed out. Managed to nab one in Dun Laoghaire instead. PM if you want it, hopefully someone who'll build the thing. Opened the box a while ago, it really is an experience! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Definitely the cheapest..

http://checkargos.com/product/6074315

Back in stock in a few places this morning (I assume uncollected reservations over the weekend) if anyone is still looking for this.

Highly recommend it for anyone who has even the slightest bit of love for Technic Lego! I bought it Thu, enjoyed building it Thu/Fri, advertised yesterday and sold today for just €20 less. The opening/building experience was well worth €20! :) Hopefully the Bugatti will drop to this price level too in a couple of years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

g0g wrote: »
    Highly recommend it for anyone who has even the slightest bit of love for Technic Lego! I bought it Thu, enjoyed building it Thu/Fri, advertised yesterday and sold today for just €20 less. The opening/building experience was well worth €20! :) Hopefully the Bugatti will drop to this price level too in a couple of years!

Great idea, where did you sell it so quickly?
    I picked mine up today so will hopefully build it at the weekend. How long did it take you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

Can't understand that meself. Buy it build it sell it within what, 4 days? Not keep it as a "Piece" or whatever. Is there a photo that you might stumble upon some day by accident of you and it? Bizarre imo but you do you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Pique wrote: »
    Can't understand that meself. Buy it build it sell it within what, 4 days? Not keep it as a "Piece" or whatever. Is there a photo that you might stumble upon some day by accident of you and it? Bizarre imo but you do you.

For a lot of people the joy of lego is in the building of it.

Pique wrote: »
    Yeah as a kid I kept all my Lego, broke it apart and then combined things together to create new things etc. I had lots of time to create etc and this was possibly the best bit of value from it.

As an adult I've built a lot of sets. Previously I had the luxury of some space to display at home or in office at work. We now have a few young kids (too young or Technic) and I work open-plan in my job so I have nowhere to put it.

That said, I kinda prefer this new method.
    1) For a really low price (€ 20 in this case) I get to open the box/packs for the first time in mint condition and be the first builder of the set. My favourite part is the build, especially with Technic. I can then be done with it a few days later and move onto the next model. I did the same with the massive crane a couple of years back and other sets too.

2) With Technic I think there's a lot less value in it being a display piece. For example with the Porsche the real beauty of this model are the inner workings, all of which are hidden in the final product. It's one thing telling someone about the gearbox, but only builder gets to experience the amazing level of detail that goes into creating this. Same with the suspension, engine, steering etc etc

3) I didn't even have to break it! :)

4) The kids have loads of their own Lego already around the place

It's kinda like Netflix replacing collecting DVDs, Spotify replacing CDs, Office 365 replacing MS Office 20XX etc. (well, not exactly, but not a dissimilar comparison)

It's back and plenty of stock around but it's "only" €189.99 now. It's still quite a discount from the older price. Well worth it if you missed it last time.

Advertisement