Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Super-Showdown - October 6th from Melbourne, Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Wrap it up lads

Yeah someone give them the go home signal.

Take this match out behind the barn and end it lads. Taker should realise that he needs to hang it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,244 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God we will have to sit through DX vs Brothers of Destruction or Taker vs HBK

• Registered Users Posts: 60,524 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is really sad.

Can they really be that short of money that they need to to this.

Thank **** that's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Like trips hasnt got much left in the tank but kinda like jericho a younger guy can help cover for him but taker is just spent really hope after the saudi money this year he just hangs it up

I mean the four lads will all be in the hall of fame one day but they didn't need to do this.

Shawn doing table spots in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 38,244 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BOD vs DX at Survivor Series or Crown Jewel

They could off til Mania and have it a retirement match for Kane/Taker

Overall thought it was a decent show especially with the time it was on just a complete bouns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

They have already announced Bryan v Styles at Crown Jewel for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Taker looked like he was going to pass out with exhaustion and the belly on him he really needs to give up now its just sad seeing him like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

jrkb wrote: »
    Taker looked like he was going to pass out with exhaustion and the belly on him he really needs to give up now its just sad seeing him like that.

Don't blame Taker. Blame the idiots willing to pay him ridiculous money to do it that no one in their right mind would turn down.

Don't blame Taker. Blame the idiots willing to pay him ridiculous money to do it that no one in their right mind would turn down.

Why can't we blame him ? He's said in the past he'd retire when he felt he couldn't do it anymore. What part of the PPV this morning proved he could do it to even a passable level ? I'm an undertaker fan and always have been but lads let's be honest that was not the look of a guy who could do it anymore. He may be able to do everyday stuff grand and live his life fine but he can't bloody wrestle anymore. He doesn't need to, he is a stone wall hall of farmer in any wrestling hall of fame without the last few years. He's not helping himself or his legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Theres nobody else to blame, hes in a position where he can turn down vince, he doesnt need to wrestle anymore, i doubt he needs the money, like i said numerous times here, he had the perfect send off against Reigns at Mania and wasted it, will never get a better way to depart, now he just reminds me of Flair and Foley, still going long past when he should.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Bryan & Miz had their time cut because they were running over and didn't want to cut anything from Undertaker & Triple H, right? I'd just assumed that's what happened. Noticed they didn't show an ad after the 6 man tag or after Bryan Miz as they usually have one after every match on PPV and they went off the air pretty much bang on the 4 hour mark. I'm nearly sure when I checked the network earlier in the week this was scheduled for a 5 hour slot, and then it got changed to a 4 hour slot. The main event had like 45 minutes from the start of the video package to going off the air. Most of the entrances were very rushed, even Charlotte had hers cut off long before she got to the ring.

That Saudi show is really shaping up to be a WrestleMania calibre card with those two big title matches announced for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

4 guys that are 50 years old involved in the main event sounded like a WCW 1998 main event on paper.
    It looks like it went as bad as some expected. Taker has looked washed up for years now. There was always things you maybe could excuse him for; Brock concussed him, Bray was hurt, Shane is limited but he's a long way past his best and since the streak ended his value should mean significantly less.
    It's pathetic that people in 2018 try justify him wrestling saying "his entrance is worth the price of admission" cause really those fools must swallow any crap served up to them.
    I'm sure the crowd in Saudi Arabia will be forced to enjoy it and maybe request he wrestle Giant Gonzalez again before being told like when they asked for Warrior and Yokozuna its not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm sure the crowd in Saudi Arabia will be forced to enjoy it and maybe request he wrestle Giant Gonzalez again before being told like when they asked for Warrior and Yokozuna its not possible

Well they did put some tassels on Mojo Rawley and got some random sumo guy to work the show so I'm sure they could find a suitable replacement for Giant Gonzalez too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They really want Becky to be seen as a heel, don't they? That type of finish always gets booed, yet still they cheered Becky.
    Of course with the number of Irish in Australia there's a good chance she had a lot of them behind her. :)

Great to see Buddy get the win, though I think that was more to do with an expendable title changing hands, than the hometown hero.

Cole bringing up Asuka's undefeated streak doesn't help the fact that she's been ruined since then. The only good thing to come from Asuka's streak being broken is the Mixed Match Challenge is less predictable.

And apart from walking around and pulling the ref from the ring, what was the point of Kane? And Taker nearly lost earlier if the second ref hadn't stopped the count to give him more time to get his shoulder up. And good job HHH had his hands wrapped with his unique way of using the sledgehammer.

No idea what happened with Miz and Bryan. I know someone said they were likely cut short, but sure why not just have an instant win, if that was the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Well they did put some tassels on Mojo Rawley and got some random sumo guy to work the show so I'm sure they could find a suitable replacement for Giant Gonzalez too.

Great Khali?

Was googling Becky as I was curious what age she is(31 in case you're wondering) and got random preview pic.

• Advertisement

Ali Bomaye wrote:
    I'm sure they could find a suitable replacement for Giant Gonzalez too.

Khali covered in fake Daniel Bryan beards, managed by Aiden English dressed up as Harvey Wippleman

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's strange to see cena with a full head of hair.

John Cena Layfield
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hes not as relevant today compared to years ago in the wrestling world .

A heel turn would be best for him

Maybe 10 ago I'd have cared.

The Buddy Murphy vs Cedric Alexander match was brilliant. A hot crowd can make a really good match feel like a great one. Glad they gave Murphy the win. Good to see the IIconics win too in Oz. I like when they just let hometown heel wrestlers embrace the love, Edge in Toronto comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It would not surprise me if HBK costs Triple H the match and we get Triple H vs HBK

Kane could also cost Taker the match and we get Kane vs Taker

Everyone turn on everyone sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,054 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's strange to see cena with a full head of hair.

Is it a hair transplant?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

WM50. Taker vs Terry Funks corpse in a "Loser retires for a a month" match.

Seriously though, HBK, please stay retired.

Shows the state of WWE at the moment that they don't have a big star to headline these big money shows.
    HBK might be losing his hair but he's not missing arm days. The guns still look good.

Training for his comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,524 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don’t give the Saudis any ideas about wanting Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack.

We all know Foley would hobble into the ring for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don’t give the Saudis any ideas about wanting Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack.

We all know Foley would hobble into the ring for money.

That goes for everyone really, doesn't it? Taker is doing it now, Shawn is going to do it, I'd say they're even considering if they could get away with Hogan doing it when he comes back.

Don't give the Saudis any ideas.....

I could go for Bret vs Shawn in another ironman match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

The way HBK was waddling around the ring it looks like he needs a couple of new knees and hips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jrkb wrote: »
    The way HBK was waddling around the ring it looks like he needs a couple of new knees and hips.

Hes needed those for 15 years. Needs a new shoulder too

Advertisement