Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Visit on Sunday

Options
  • 22-08-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'm thinking of driving down the M1 and using the Port Tunnel and parking in the 3Arena car park on Sunday morning. Then walk from there to the Phoenix Park.

Thinking of leaving at about 8am travelling from Drogheda - any advise on what time the traffic on that route would be expected to start getting heavy from?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Is going by train an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Yeah we have park and ride facilities but I am just expecting an absolute clusterF**k with regards to public transport and what to look at alternatives.

Thinking if we get there good and early we could spend a day at our pace

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I live near 3 arena and received a notice to say that there would be 1000 Coaches/40,000 people parking in the area... So you better get to your parking early!

BTW you can take the Luas from The Point Stop at 3 Arena to Smithfield and eliminate 25 mins of your walking

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭alentejo

Does anybody know if you can change route/section. Dunard gate does not suit at all. Would much perfer islandbridge or the main entrance. Tickets claim that you must enter on your assigned route.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

alentejo wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can change route/section. Dunard gate does not suit at all. Would much perfer islandbridge or the main entrance. Tickets claim that you must enter on your assigned route.

Then enter at your route. They are setting things up within the park to contain people in designated areas. It'll knock quite a bit out if a few thousand people start taking liberties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Also maynooth/m3 parkway are running a combined 15-20 minute frequency for most if not all of Sunday up to the last trains around 9.30. You could get that to beside the Ashtown gate .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Yeah we have park and ride facilities but I am just expecting an absolute clusterF**k with regards to public transport and what to look at alternatives.

Thinking if we get there good and early we could spend a day at our pace

Good choice as its going to be a knightmare after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

We were at a community update on Tuesday night. That question got asked - you must enter on your right colour route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newfreshideas

All the communications are saying to take public transport... Driving will be a nightmare as so many roads will be closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehamok

Did anyone pay the €5 postage and packaging for the Pass to park in Fairyhouse Racecourse for the Popes visit??

I did but never received the pass. The World Meeting 2018 people who organised the Pass are ignoring my emails about the matter.

Anyone else have this problem??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

thehamok wrote: »
    Did anyone pay the €5 postage and packaging for the Pass to park in Fairyhouse Racecourse for the Popes visit??

I did but never received the pass. The World Meeting 2018 people who organised the Pass are ignoring my emails about the matter.

Anyone else have this problem??

If you paid by Credit or Debit card you can do a chargeback. If anymore work is involved I wouldn't bother for €5

Advertisement