Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    theres a direct link to download the update at the bottom of that article.

they push updates out sporadically and id expect ireland to be pretty low down the list for urgency to get it
    Got it yesterday myself.

Would it be worth getting this phone or waiting for one plus 7? Currently on a one plus 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

I moved from a Op3 and its a great upgrade faster better battery and camera.
    The only downside for me was the loss of the slider you become very used to it.
    Thought I'd miss the fat charge but never get less than a day from this now with very heavy use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Took the plunge on eglobal. F1 64GB model with wallet cover and screen protector. 280ish all in including postage. Hope I don't regret it as I've been a Moto g user for guts of 4 years. Was tempted to go Moto g7 plus. How long does the delivery normally take? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Took the plunge on eglobal. F1 64GB model with wallet cover and screen protector. 280ish all in including postage. Hope I don't regret it as I've been a Moto g user for guts of 4 years. Was tempted to go Moto g7 plus. How long does the delivery normally take? Thanks

Give it about 22-24 days with eglobal

Give it about 22-24 days with eglobal

Crikey that long? 4 weeks! A well will have to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Something that was added recently enough. In order to install tbe update manually, you now have to tap the update screen 5 times to unlock the "Choose Update Package" option. Wasn't always like that.

Updated yesterday, no problems so far. Battery life unchanged I feel.

Hmm, so I can do that, but it wont give me the option to load a local file, only a file on google Drive (or whatsapp for some reason). I've uploaded the update to my drive and now it wont load it (it started to open it and then nothing happens).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Crikey that long? 4 weeks! A well will have to wait.

Haven’t ordered from them in a long time(was some camera gear) but delivery was less than a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When I bought my latest phone from them it took about 12 days iirc.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    When I bought my latest phone from them it took about 12 days iirc.

I went for the I insured postage option so hoping it will be alot quicker. Still wondering if I should have gone with Moto. What's the build quality like in these F1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Has anyone tried changing the firmware (as per the Linus video) with a PC with a Ryzen CPU powered PC? Seems a lot of people had issues with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

brianblaze wrote: »
    Has anyone tried changing the firmware (as per the Linus video) with a PC with a Ryzen CPU powered PC? Seems a lot of people had issues with this?

from everything i've read it just doesn't work with a Ryzen cpu, also have read that Linus's guide is woeful, and that there are better out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

from everything i've read it just doesn't work with a Ryzen cpu, also have read that Linus's guide is woeful, and that there are better out there.

There's a channel (Munchy Channel I think) that has a decent one but those of us with AMD hardware seem farily funked to mess around with it! Stock UI it is so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭honda boi

I went for the I insured postage option so hoping it will be alot quicker. Still wondering if I should have gone with Moto. What's the build quality like in these F1.

Had mine since October.
    Has had a few bangs and still 100%.
    Just keep it in a flip case so adds to the protection. And a glass screen protector. I just buy a few $1-2 screen protectors.
    Phones very good and never sweats no matter what I try to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

Still seems like the best value phone out there at the moment. I bought 1 and sold it because I couldn't find a decent case to shut my type of work and am still using my s7 and even now still can't see much else sort buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hmm, so I can do that, but it wont give me the option to load a local file, only a file on google Drive (or whatsapp for some reason). I've uploaded the update to my drive and now it wont load it (it started to open it and then nothing happens).

Not sure, I get these options when I hit "Choose Update Package"

477387.png

477388.png

128gb Version on Amazon Italy for €288 + 9.30 express delivery

3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon so I think it's a pretty good deal.

This arrived yesterday but only got around to it this morning. In case anyone was wondering, it is the global version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

This or the P20 pro for 480 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

mathie wrote: »
    This or the P20 pro for 480 euro?

That depends on what you value most in a phone I guess. If the fancy camera and AMOLED screen are a big draw and worth the extra notes to you, P20 easily.

If you prefer snappier-feeling performance switching between things or loading anything (any perception of lag drives me berserk) and a longer lifespan for gaming, Pocophone - and have a few nights out on the town or take some young wan to Dingle for the weekend or something.

• Advertisement

Not sure, I get these options when I hit "Choose Update Package"

When I press "Choose Update Package" I get:
    477484.png

477484.png

Have you associated zip files with an unusual app maybe. Or could be a corrupt download

Try installing a file manager, say X-plore File Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Has anyone verified if Netflix plays in HD with the new update? The update if supposed support the L1 widevine thats required.

I know I should know this but how would you even check?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

sioda wrote: »
    I know I should know this but how would you even check?

There's an app called DRM Info that can tell which version your phone supports but I don't how you would tell if Netflix is actually streaming in HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭honda boi

Had a look on the Netflix app there now.
    Doesn't seem to be in hd as I'm pretty sure there should be "HD" beside the TV/movie name but there's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 btj_79

honda boi wrote: »
    Had a look on the Netflix app there now.
    Doesn't seem to be in hd as I'm pretty sure there should be "HD" beside the TV/movie name but there's not.

Did you enable it? I do not have Netflix so I cannot check but in DRM info it is showing "Widevine CDM" with security level L1. Try enabling it as per the below.

1. At least one fingerprint should be enrolled
    2. Then go to Settings
    3. Lock screen & password
    4. Manage fingerprints
    5. Fingerprint payments
    6. Widevine (L1)
    7. And then click the “Certificate” button to download Widevine certificate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

My alarm hasn't been working the last few weeks. Anyone else encountered this with theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

roper1664 wrote: »
    My alarm hasn't been working the last few weeks. Anyone else encountered this with theirs?

Nope mines grand.

Nope mines grand.

Yeah no issue here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CAF303

I got my POCO F1 Rosso Red 6GB/128GB here in Dublin, Ireland in the ILAC Shopping Center / mid February for €379 (euro).

I just found this thread, so going to read it from the start. I'm very happy with the device so far, no major issues, just little niggles that I am not used to yet (because I was a life long user of the Galaxy S range).

later......

I ordered my Poco F1 from eglobal.eu just over a week ago and straight away got a receipt email confirming the purchase. However, I was expecting another email within 72 hours giving more information but nothing since. Is this normal or should I be worried going forward?

I ordered my Poco F1 from eglobal.eu just over a week ago and straight away got a receipt email confirming the purchase. However, I was expecting another email within 72 hours giving more information but nothing since. Is this normal or should I be worried going forward?

Normal.

Keeping checking the order. Expect it to be shipped in the next 5 or 6 days.

Eglobal usually takes me about 20 days for delivery

Normal.

Keeping checking the order. Expect it to be shipped in the next 5 or 6 days.

Eglobal usually takes me about 20 days for delivery

Thanks for that. My old Moto G3 playing up. Memory sd card slot not working. Tried new card no better. Looking forward to Poco. What's the build quality like compared to the Moto s?

Try installing a file manager, say X-plore File Manager

No change with file manager installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 btj_79

roper1664 wrote: »

Yes I have been having a lot of trouble with mine.

At first it would not sound, just the screen would light displaying the alarm.

Now it is sounding the alarm but the screen to disable the alarm is in the background so I need to unlock the phone, then swipe down, select the alarm and then disable it...its a pain in the ass.

I have searched online for solutions with a lot of people saying to use the google clock...I personally haven't done that.

No change with file manager installed.

Tap to the 10times on MIUI version. Otherwise you can use fastboot to run an recovery program like TWRP to flash a new Rom and update.

btj_79 wrote: »
    Yes I have been having a lot of trouble with mine.

At first it would not sound, just the screen would light displaying the alarm.

Now it is sounding the alarm but the screen to disable the alarm is in the background so I need to unlock the phone, then swipe down, select the alarm and then disable it...its a pain in the ass.

I have searched online for solutions with a lot of people saying to use the google clock...I personally haven't done that.

I installed Alarmy as a back up alarm to go off 15 minutes after the inbuilt alarm, just as a back up.

Since installing it, I've had no bother with the inbuilt alarm!

I've seen replacement screens for about €20 on eBay, Shipping from China.

Example
    https://m.ebay.ie/itm/LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Replacement-For-XiaoMi-Pocophone-F1-6-18/253936167874?hash=item3b1fc66bc2:m:ma2lxPv4Xr0aR8qPd1BxE1A&varId=553253228007

Anyone know if these are suitable, or should I be looking elsewhere and paying more?

Hi
    Just received my pocophone. Updated to android pie and Miu 10.2 with Ireland as my region. I would like to get facial recognition enabled. How do I go about doing this? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi
    Just received my pocophone. Updated to android pie and Miu 10.2 with Ireland as my region. I would like to get facial recognition enabled. How do I go about doing this? Thanks

set region to uk

set region to uk

Thanks. Good job.

How long are people getting out of a full charge on the F1? Just getting around a day with mine. Slightly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

How long are people getting out of a full charge on the F1? Just getting around a day with mine. Slightly disappointed.

I get two full days from a charge. And that's with quite heavy usage.

3 days though i could and have squeezed 4 day per charge so far but my usage isn't typical. Plenty of email, browsing, phonecalls, whatsapp and fb messenger messages but only have notifications on for Whatsapp and Messenger. Twitter email etc. I check manually. My music or podcasts are on micro sd and I'd listen to between 1.5 and 2 hours over bluetooth headphones or car connection each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Are honorbuy the quickest for delivery etc. Broke my screen on the note 6, and looking at this, but need sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

You'll probably have it in about 2-3 days I believe. So long as it's in stock it should be fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I have mine a while now and getting fed up of the notifications, especially notifications when the screen is locked and having to open and pull down the drawer to actually see what it is. It's a terrible UX, is there a better way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This is more of a Android thing. Depends what the notifications are.

For non essential emails, I have them skipping the inbox and into their old folder/label.
    For non essential whatsapp groups (or ones that are busy with chat) I turn off notifications for that group.

• Advertisement

Snotty wrote: »
    I have mine a while now and getting fed up of the notifications, especially notifications when the screen is locked and having to open and pull down the drawer to actually see what it is. It's a terrible UX, is there a better way?

my notifications will beep and waken the locked screen so i can see whats coming in...

lasts a second or two before screen darkens again

Advertisement