Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

god's toy wrote: »
    *Provided you use dark wallpaper, dark modes in phone settings and apps where possible. Otherwise you could end up using more.
    Xiaomis default interface has a white background unless you skin it.

All very true, though fwiw, I leave the house with my F1 fully charged and it's still above 50% at bedtime, despite a fair bit of use, so 3400mah in the m8 would probably do most users. I like amoled screens, but the F1's screen is really lovely too.

Frankly, it's swings and roundabouts.
    Buy either of these lovely lovely phones and you're gonna be very happy (unless you get hit for tax, which might piss on yer chips a little bit!)

By the way, if anyone wants to save a tenner (and earn me a few quid), here's a voucher for purchases over €350
    http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/referrals.php?code=1h58NWxe5&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_invite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey all,

Where is the best place to pick this up at the moment?

I see someone mention earlier its sub E300 on Eglobal, but it looks like its E320 at the moment.

There is a couple on gearbest, one seems to be a pre-sale. Neither seem to have the option of that Irish shipping that is customs free (not sure though, I've never used it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hey all,

Where is the best place to pick this up at the moment?

I see someone mention earlier its sub E300 on Eglobal, but it looks like its E320 at the moment.

There is a couple on gearbest, one seems to be a pre-sale. Neither seem to have the option of that Irish shipping that is customs free (not sure though, I've never used it)

Right now the 6/64 stats at 284.99 on Eglobal ,IMO best place to get it as no import fees

Right now the 6/64 stats at 284.99 on Eglobal ,IMO best place to get it as no import fees

You're right as well, https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-mobile.html#/product/26352
    That's the cheapest I've seen it on there

Use this code and there's another €6 off for you
    JUSTA599
    Btw, their insured delivery doesn't actually offer you any security beyond their regular delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Damoedge

Guys is there an instant way to unlock the bootloader or do we have to wait the 72 hours?

Damoedge wrote: »
    Guys is there an instant way to unlock the bootloader or do we have to wait the 72 hours?
    Yeah, you have to wait.
    Fastboot unlock won't do it - you have to use an online tool. Very straightforward, but it does mean you have to wait 3 days after first registering the device with Mi servers through the tool. Minor PITA

Thanks for the replies, the 64gb didnt show up when I searched yesterday for some reason. Should have bought yesterday! It's E300 today, E294 with the code.

Oh well. Purchased. Thanks for the tip about the insurance too :)

Really looking forward to it, have been holding off buying a new phone for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Btw, their insured delivery doesn't actually offer you any security beyond their regular delivery

What do u mean ? You are saying , they won't pay you at all if goods are lost , no matter if they insured or not?
    They definitely won't pay you if it is not insured .

Yeah, you have to wait.
    Fastboot unlock won't do it - you have to use an online tool. Very straightforward, but it does mean you have to wait 3 days after first registering the device with Mi servers through the tool. Minor PITA

This option on xda claims to be instant unlock of bootloader...can anyone confirm this?

Option 2
    Mi Flashtool Run as Administrator the Mi Flashtool
    Extract and RUN .exe file and sign in your Mi account
    Sign in your Mi account in your Pocophone F1 (Go to Settings >Mi Unlock Status >Add Account & Device and make sure you’re logged In.)
    Go to fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Power Button at the same time and connect to PC.
    Click the Unlock Button and DON'T PANIC let the process begin and wait until finish.
    Go to fastboot type fastboot oem device-info. Check if Unlocked or Locked.

I tried it but it came up saying to wait 72 hours....unless I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks all...

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    What do u mean ? You are saying , they won't pay you at all if goods are lost , no matter if they insured or not?

I'm going to paypal to get my money back if it doesn't show up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The price of the Poco F1 has been dropping on Amazon DE IT & ES.
    Here in Sweden various bricks and mortar and Internet sellers have started to show stock of the 64GB EU version in the last day or two so it looks like decent stock is finally becoming available in Europe.

invest4deepvalue.com

No, that's not what I'm saying.
    Read the t's & c's
    If you don't buy insured insured delivery and it arrives damaged in the post you have a day or two to inform them and they will replace it. If you buy insurance you have a few days more (I forget the exact period but you can look it up as easily as I could).

Their insured delivery covers damage in the post. Not loss. Delivery is traced either way

Whether or not you pay for insured delivery, if it arrives and you don't like it it doesn't work you've a month to switch it, but you pay the postage

So it doesn't make much difference whether you pay for insured delivery or not

I'm going to paypal to get my money back if it doesn't show up!

That's what I did too. Can't be too careful, though there shouldn't be any issue if things don't arrive - as I say, delivery is tracked either way. Their small print ain't that small!

This option on xda claims to be instant unlock of bootloader...can anyone confirm this?

Option 2
    Mi Flashtool Run as Administrator the Mi Flashtool
    Extract and RUN .exe file and sign in your Mi account
    Sign in your Mi account in your Pocophone F1 (Go to Settings >Mi Unlock Status >Add Account & Device and make sure you’re logged In.)
    Go to fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Power Button at the same time and connect to PC.
    Click the Unlock Button and DON'T PANIC let the process begin and wait until finish.
    Go to fastboot type fastboot oem device-info. Check if Unlocked or Locked.

I tried it but it came up saying to wait 72 hours....unless I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks all...

No, you're doing it right. It's instant provided the Mi servers will permit the unlock.
    Both methods rely on connecting to Mi servers to get the unlock code.
    That's the only way to get into Xiaomi bootloaders. Not ideal, but a hell of a lot better than Huawei, Samsung et al are offering these days!

No, you're doing it right. It's instant provided the Mi servers will permit the unlock.
    Both methods rely on connecting to Mi servers to get the unlock code.
    That's the only way to get into Xiaomi bootloaders. Not ideal, but a hell of a lot better than Huawei, Samsung et al are offering these days!

I have a brand new Huawei Honor V10...it's only a month old...and because of their new policy that I didn't know about when buying it I can not unlock it now!...that's why I bought the Poco...But the V10 is a beauty...sure I'll just have to sell it now...spilt milk in all...lol

• Advertisement

No, that's not what I'm saying.
    Read the t's & c's
    I

I did , I am pretty sure you are wrong there.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/shipping-and-insurance-eu.html
    You'll get very little if they lost item in transit.
    courier companies only cover physical loss or damage of goods during transit* subject to the maximum liability specified in the terms and conditions of their service
    €50-100 for parcel , that is standard for courier liability.
    If you buying €350-400 phone ,will you be happy with €50 refund ?

Eglobal is great company to deal with , until something went wrong.
    I would buy insurance. There is a Paypal route of course , but I rather spend €3 more and not wait few months for PayPal response.

I did , I am pretty sure you are wrong there.
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/shipping-and-insurance-eu.html
    You'll get very little if they lost item in transit.

€50-100 for parcel , that is standard for courier liability.
    If you buying €350-400 phone ,will you be happy with €50 refund ?

Eglobal is great company to deal with , until something went wrong.
    I would buy insurance. There is a Paypal route of course , but I rather spend €3 more and not wait few months for PayPal response.

That's the bit where they're upselling their insured delivery. Read on to the bit about their own regular cover. Iirc the insured delivery is €6 more. Not a lot at all but I really didn't see any benefit when I was ordering

Read on to the bit about their own regular cover.
    Do you mind to quote that bit ?
    The way I’ve got it , if your parcel lost or damaged in transit , you have to notify them in 48 hours . With no insurance purchased you’ll get a refund, probably store credit only ( up to
    to the maximum liability specified in the terms and conditions of their service
    which is approximately €50-100.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057809627

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone see the armored kevlar edition for sale yet?

That's the bit where they're upselling their insured delivery. Read on to the bit about their own regular cover. Iirc the insured delivery is €6 more. Not a lot at all but I really didn't see any benefit when I was ordering

I just goggled for an offer code and used that to cover the insurance.

• Advertisement

PayPal are extremely buyer biased when it comes to disputes, regardless of anyone's terms and conditions if you go to PayPal and complain you are more than likely going to get sorted. It is only €6 though, but as a shop I would be licking my lips at all the extra €6s I was getting for pretty much nothing 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

PayPal are extremely buyer biased when it comes to disputes, regardless of anyone's terms and conditions if you go to PayPal and complain you are more than likely going to get sorted. It is only €6 though, but as a shop I would be licking my lips at all the extra €6s I was getting for pretty much nothing 😀
    Found pp fab on 3 occasions,bit drawn out yes,but got there eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

Read it this morning...it's a good review alright...looks like we have a great phone...all we need now is lineage os on it and we will be laughing...but that's not too far away as one dev got it to boot up with lineage on it and lineage themselves told me that it's coming...Woooooooohooooooooo ....

Lineage on the Poco

Read it this morning...it's a good review alright...looks like we have a great phone...all we need now is lineage os on it and we will be laughing...but that's not too far away as one dev got it to boot up with lineage on it and lineage themselves told me that it's coming...Woooooooohooooooooo ....
    Lineage on the Poco

Unofficial LOS Based on Oreo!

As development has stopped for Oreo, you will probably waiting awhile for Official PIE based release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Unofficial LOS Based on Oreo!

As development has stopped for Oreo, you will probably waiting awhile for Official PIE based release.

As an Official lineage dev, I can tell you development for Oreo has not stopped :) still updates being pushed. Nougat has however, or will be, stopped soon. Two android versions officially at a time.

As an Official lineage dev, I can tell you development for Oreo has not stopped :) still updates being pushed. Nougat has however, or will be, stopped soon. Two android versions officially at a time.

The XDA threads for WHYRED would probably disagree with you.
    Only security patches been applied.

RR (based on LOS) has been given a final official Oreo build.

My Nexus 9 (on it's last legs, hardware failing) will probably be stuck on 23/08 Nougat Build. It is not even getting security patches anymore.

My Nexus 9 (on it's last legs, hardware failing) will probably be stuck on 23/08 Nougat Build. It is not even getting security patches anymore.

Why is everyone going crazy about security patches...it's like some people think they can't use there phone unless they have the most recent up to date blaady bla patch....I mean it wasn't too long ago that these patches didn't even exist and everyone seems to forget about android and viruses...?

Not having a go at you mate at all...it's just everywhere I read in different forums people are banging on about security patches...and then the encryption oh be the lordie...you'd swear that some people had national security documents on there little auld phones...lol lol...
    Rant over ;)

So when do you think that we will see a release of LOS official or unofficial on xda for this phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Why is everyone going crazy about security patches...it's like some people think they can't use there phone unless they have the most recent up to date blaady bla patch....I mean it wasn't too long ago that these patches didn't even exist and everyone seems to forget about android and viruses...?

Not having a go at you mate at all...it's just everywhere I read in different forums people are banging on about security patches...and then the encryption oh be the lordie...you'd swear that some people had national security documents on there little auld phones...lol lol...
    Rant over ;)

Some people want security patches
    Some people want 2k screens
    Some people want dual sim
    Some people want Amoled
    Some people want LCD
    Some people want headphone jacks
    Some people want updates
    Some people want unlockable bootloaders
    Some people want dual front speakers
    Some people want 16MP selfie cameras

If not we'd all just be using the same phone and you can rest assured that a lot of people will think what you want from a phone is pointless, the same as they'll think what I want from a phone is pointless.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Some people want security patches
    Some people want 2k screens
    Some people want dual sim
    Some people want Amoled
    Some people want LCD
    Some people want headphone jacks
    Some people want updates
    Some people want unlockable bootloaders
    Some people want dual front speakers
    Some people want 16MP selfie cameras

If not we'd all just be using the same phone and you can rest assured that a lot of people will think what you want from a phone is pointless, the same as they'll think what I want from a phone is pointless.

Pointless post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They all are when you're trying to speak sense to a developer I suppose.

But really, nothing is pointless if enough people deem them important.

Patww79 wrote: »
    They all are when you're trying to speak sense to a developer I suppose.

But really, nothing is pointless if enough people deem them important.

Pointless is important to otherwise it wouldn't exist ;)

But yes I get ya and it's true...I just want a simple auld phone that knows what button I'm gonna press next lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

Hey the solutionshop.global has this phone ( 6gb+128)for 298.54 any colour all taxes etc paid global software installed my question is what is the difference between global and European software in relation to this phone ?

bargainboy wrote: »
    Hey the solutionshop.global has this phone ( 6gb+128)for 298.54 any colour all taxes etc paid global software installed my question is what is the difference between global and European software in relation to this phone ?

Does solutionshop.global cover import fees if stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

It says so on their site I ordered 2 mi A1 phones from them and had very fast delivery others said they didn't thought some people said they had phones ordered from eglobal stolen Durning delivery the mi a1 thread is here on boards make of it what you will ?they advertise the pocophone F1 with global ROM Amazon advertise European ROM not sure of the difference ?

I know one version you had (still have?) to change the phones location to get the Infrared unlock working, maybe the European version sorts that?

While RR is based on LOS, they are different people and they do their own thing.

Lineage will be supporting Oreo builds until Q comes out, at which point it will be dropped. While it may only be security patches, its still going to be supported and they will be merged, and bugs will still be fixed if they get found.

There are unofficial builds for Flounder (Nexus 9), but there have been issues with some hardware choices that require 'hacks' to get going, which goes against Lineage's policy, and needs an exception to be allowed to merge them. I don't believe the flounder maintainer has put in any requests.

Just because some individual devices will be dropped, doesn't mean official support for LOS15.1 devices will be dropped. If a new maintainer comes along and wants to maintain and make a device official on 15.1, they can.

For example, we just made chagalllte (Samsung galaxy tab s 10.5 LTE) official on 14.1 (Nougat) since its still an officially supported OS until official Pie builds start :)

• Advertisement

So when do you think that we will see a release of LOS official or unofficial on xda for this phone?

At the moment bgcngm has only added support for the device to the 845 trees etc this week, he is a good maintainer however so i'd say soon enough, but nothing has been said as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 marti9t9

bargainboy wrote: »

That price is incredible!

marti9t9 wrote: »
    That price is incredible!

Did ya get yours yet Marti?

Did ya get yours yet Marti?

My WIFE got hers yes. 😕

Bit jealous but I can't complain about my OP3T. It's still awesome.

Yeah looks very nice. Screen is better than I expected. I couldn't see it being much better to be honest. Portrait photos are surprisingly good IMO. Face unlock option doesn't seem to be there on hers either. I've read you need to set region to India. Not doing that. Hopefully they'll update it for Europe because it's a cool feature. She finds her hands a bit too small to reach fingerprint scanner.

Looked at the packaging it arrived in today. They had it marked at a value of $15 but had a sticker with the name of the phone and it's specs! Had they not put that sticker on, it may have slipped through. Who knows.

How's yours working out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

Ordered a Pocophone F1 from eglobal EU on 12th September, still waiting on it!
    Eglobal tracking:

2018-09-20: Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot.
    2018-09-24: We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible.

I thought/hoped it would arrive sooner!

marti9t9 wrote: »
    My WIFE got hers yes. 😕

Bit jealous but I can't complain about my OP3T. It's still awesome.

Yeah looks very nice. Screen is better than I expected. I couldn't see it being much better to be honest. Portrait photos are surprisingly good IMO. Face unlock option doesn't seem to be there on hers either. I've read you need to set region to India. Not doing that. Hopefully they'll update it for Europe because it's a cool feature. She finds her hands a bit too small to reach fingerprint scanner.

Looked at the packaging it arrived in today. They had it marked at a value of $15 but had a sticker with the name of the phone and it's specs! Had they not put that sticker on, it may have slipped through. Who knows.

How's yours working out?

I got mine Friday but I didn't do much with it only register MI account to unlock the bootloader and I will do that this evening when I get home...I have the Huawei honor v10 that I bought 1 month ago and that is a better looking phone than the poco but I'll use the poco because of root and sell the V10...it's a grand phone tho I'm happy with it so far

• Advertisement

@Damoedge you will be waiting up to 720 hours to unlock your bootloader on Xiaomi's devices. Probably the same for the Poco!
    Poco later responded and lowered the wait time to 3 days, but only for the Poco F1.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-devices-poco-f1-long-bootloader-wait-times/

Yes it's defo 72 hours as that's what came up when o tried to unlock is corkie...

Oh nice surprise to see it comes with a 3pin charger in the box.

Loving it so far.

Loving it so far.

Lucky. Mine came with 2pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Loving it so far.

Cool. I think I'll just pull the trigger on the Poco vs the Mi 8 Pro.

Where did you order yours from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement