Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diverting a phone to a mobile...

Options
  • 22-08-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4517829/Trail/searchtext%3ECORDLESS+PHONE.htm

Hi, have the above phone, am on the eir network. Is it possible to divert the landline to my mobile so that I'll get calls when I am not there? 
    Have seen somewhere about putting in *21 and then the number.... is this only on actual eircom phones or for all phones? 
    Also is it free to divert or is there a charge to me per call?
    Thanks in advance :) 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi ash_18x,

In order to set up a call divert you would need to contact our customer care team on 1901. There would be a set up fee of €30 and a monthly rental fee of €2.16. You would then be charged for the second leg of the call charge. For example the person calling the landline will be charged for the landline call however as they are connecting to a mobile, you would be charged the remainder to cover this.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EGavigan

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi ash_18x,

In order to set up a call divert you would need to contact our customer care team on 1901. There would be a set up fee of €30 and a monthly rental fee of €2.16. You would then be charged for the second leg of the call charge. For example the person calling the landline will be charged for the landline call however as they are connecting to a mobile, you would be charged the remainder to cover this.

Thanks,

Sarah
    To clarify, isn't it the case that this only works if you have an Eir landline. I have a VOIP phone from Eir and the divert to my mobile rarely works as I need to be connected to wifi with an excellent signal to receive a call.

Hi EGavigan,

If you are referring to the eir talk app then yes you would need to have mobile data or a wifi connection in order for this to work. The activation charges would not apply here however the call charges as mention above would.

Thanks,

Sarag

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Thanks for your reply Sarah, I think it would be easier to get a sim card on a cheap plan and work it that way. Lots of extra charges the way you're suggesting! 
    Thanks
    Aisling 

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Thanks for your reply Sarah, I think it would be easier to get a sim card on a cheap plan and work it that way. Lots of extra charges the way you're suggesting! 
    Thanks
    Aisling 

• Advertisement

No worries Aisling,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EGavigan

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi EGavigan,

If you are referring to the eir talk app then yes you would need to have mobile data or a wifi connection in order for this to work. The activation charges would not apply here however the call charges as mention above would.

Thanks,

Sarag

Even though it’s a voip phone I s it possible to set a divert over the landline network which will work. I’m ok with being charged for this.

Advertisement