Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Tan26 wrote: »
    The vetting asks about financials in detail from the past 10 years so whether you clear it or not now youll still have to declare it. Theres a section to explain so just make sure you give all detail.

I passed vetting before in 1509 and not much has changed. Some old debt paid off and some new debt added, namely business vehicle finance. I have those as assists to sell and clear the agreements which should be a step in the right direction of explained properly to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

W221 wrote: »
    I should be fine in all other aspects, I do have a fair amount of debt related to my business but I’m in good a position to clear the majority of that before the earliest possible start dates anyway.

So am I right in thinking they’d be looking for people who’d perhaps be persuaded to take money to clear existing debts?

I'm guessing they are just cautious that way. I'd work towards clearing debts as much as possible even before you get vetting form.

I think that's the first batch of fast trackers done. It seems there are only four I think on the board. I wonder how many they fast tracked. Fingers crossed for the rest of us waiting.

I really want this chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

I'm guessing they are just cautious that way. I'd work towards clearing debts as much as possible even before you get vetting form.

I think that's the first batch of fast trackers done. It seems there are only four I think on the board. I wonder how many they fast tracked. Fingers crossed for the rest of us waiting.

I really want this chance

Debt isn't bad though lol.

You dont need to focus on clearing any debt...

Carry on as normal.

Guys;

I don't think scaremongering is helpful.

Vetting is too complex a process to definitively say that x debt will disqual you or this financial agreement will.

Police officers are human beings, human beings have debt, human beings make mistakes, not all debt is necessarily bad debt.

You do not need to clear your debts before vetting forms come, that is nonsense.

Yes as a principle reducing debt before starting a new job is a sensible course of action but please do not panic cause you have had a bit of money trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tan26

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Guys;

I don't think scaremongering is helpful.

Vetting is too complex a process to definitively say that x debt will disqual you or this financial agreement will.

Police officers are human beings, human beings have debt, human beings make mistakes, not all debt is necessarily bad debt.

You do not need to clear your debts before vetting forms come, that is nonsense.

Yes as a principle reducing debt before starting a new job is a sensible course of action but please do not panic cause you have had a bit of money trouble.

I dont believe anyone was scaremongering, people are passing on their opinions, which yes are only opinions and not fact, but no one has said anywhere having a specific debt is going to disqualify anyone. At the same time you dont know that it wont, people are sharing their views and experiences.....I believe thts the objective of boards.

I dont believe anyone was scaremongering, people are passing on their opinions, which yes are only opinions and not fact, but no one has said anywhere having a specific debt is going to disqualify anyone. At the same time you dont know that it wont, people are sharing their views and experiences.....I believe thts the objective of boards.

Not pointing any fingers.

Just keep in mind that people will take advice like "clear your debts or else" literally and there's no need to panic anyone.

This process is stressful. 8 stages to pass and we haven't even got to stage 3 yet as a whole...

Boards is for support, let's focus on supporting each other.

Debate is healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Not pointing any fingers.

Just keep in mind that people will take advice like "clear your debts or else" literally and there's no need to panic anyone.

This process is stressful. 8 stages to pass and we haven't even got to stage 3 yet as a whole...

Boards is for support, let's focus on supporting each other.

Debate is healthy.

Just pointing out I didn't say clear your debt or else. I suggested it helped so I'm not sure why I'm at the end of these rants. The person I was replying to is working on clearing their debts so I simply said it was beneficial..

Just pointing out I didn't say clear your debt or else. I suggested it helped so I'm not sure why I'm at the end of these rants. The person I was replying to is working on clearing their debts so I simply said it was beneficial..

Like I said. Not pointing fingers.

If you see that as a personal dig, I apologise.

It is my opinion that vetting would only be negatively harmed by debt for two reasons;

1) you're drowning in it.

2) it arose from dishonesty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Just a bit of advice from someone who works in banking and financial sector..
    While having to declare the past 10 years history it looks much better that you are able to write beside it that debt paid off in full or final payment will be made on "x" date.. sorry if i came across as "scaremongering" it wasn't my intention.

From someone who works in the public sector, has debts and is vetted to CTC and SV level.

They won't care as long as they can see it is managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tan26

I think the only issue here is you claiming people have said things they didnt and twisting words to be honest. I dont know a single person who wouldnt advise someone to clear their debt if they are in a position to do so. Your attitude to try and use other peoples advice, to someone who asked for it, is in no way supportive as you claim youre trying to be. Having read last years discussion and seen the arguments that arose from that due to, what I would class as ignorance and bully tactics, I think I'll continue the process offline.
    Best of luck!!

I think the only issue here is you claiming people have said things they didnt and twisting words to be honest. I dont know a single person who wouldnt advise someone to clear their debt if they are in a position to do so. Your attitude to try and use other peoples advice, to someone who asked for it, is in no way supportive as you claim youre trying to be. Having read last years discussion and seen the arguments that arose from that due to, what I would class as ignorance and bully tactics, I think I'll continue the process offline.
    Best of luck!!

Wow.

The violins aren't playing your song.

There is no issue.

Just a healthy debate...

Anyways.

How's the fitness going?

• Advertisement

Ehhh, going by a few of these posts, was anyone at the darts tonight? I was, great craic!

I’m not overly concerned about my financial status, I’ll be honest and open about what’s going on and I’ll also pay what is due. As every single business person has told me, my money is better in the bank. I’ve worked using that mantra and it’s certainly been kind to me thus far.

Ehhh, going by a few of these posts, was anyone at the darts tonight? I was, great craic!

I’m not overly concerned about my financial status, I’ll be honest and open about what’s going on and I’ll also pay what is due. As every single business person has told me, my money is better in the bank. I’ve worked using that mantra and it’s certainly been kind to me thus far.

Yip. Having debt and having surplus cash shows that you are managing the debt well and using debt instead of being used by it.

Nail on the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Anybody else get fast track emails or if and when there will be anymore?

Toots123 wrote: »

It seems they send emails on the last week of the month as well as make calls for job offers. By that time we’ll all be very close to the outcome of our AC anyway.

It seems they send emails on the last week of the month as well as make calls for job offers. By that time we’ll all be very close to the outcome of our AC anyway.
    Awh okay. Its a hard wait but hopefully worth it for all of us.

• Advertisement

Fast track emails came in 3 batches 2 or 3 weeks apart in 1710.

So the next 2 weeks will tell if that was a one of occurrence or not

Fast track emails came in 3 batches 2 or 3 weeks apart in 1710.

So the next 2 weeks will tell if that was a one of occurrence or not
    Okay thanks. How do you know that?

I know people who were in each fast track group

I know people who were in each fast track group
    Awhhh abit of inside info!!lol
    Well lets wait and see what the next few weeks bring!
    Exciting times ahead

Did anybody attend the private AC courses. I attended one and felt it was a real benefit.
    Also how soon after the AC do the rest of the assessments start, the medicals etc

Did anybody attend the private AC courses. I attended one and felt it was a real benefit.
    Also how soon after the AC do the rest of the assessments start, the medicals etc

You will be progressed through the PSNI managed stages in order of merit.

The higher the score the quicker you go

I didn’t attend, in fact I didn’t even know they existed until afterwards lol!

The other part of your question has been answered already :)

I didn’t attend, in fact I didn’t even know they existed until afterwards lol!

The other part of your question has been answered already :)
    Yeah it was very good. Just hope it was enough. What is the passmark?

From memory grade C was a pass, something like 55% or so.

From memory grade C was a pass, something like 55% or so.
    Awh okay. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Hey guys! Was noseying through other years chats ( getting obsessed lol) and some of the second fast track people got say 67 so maybe 55-65 people dont get fast tracked. Do they hear back on the may date or not for potentially 6 months down the line?!

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Hey guys! Was noseying through other years chats ( getting obsessed lol) and some of the second fast track people got say 67 so maybe 55-65 people dont get fast tracked. Do they hear back on the may date or not for potentially 6 months down the line?!
    I know the feeling about getting obsessed.lol this board thread has taken over my life at the moment. Cant answer your questions as i have no idea myself

Everyone will find out their results by the 10th of May if that’s what you’re asking. It seems that they make calls/send emails on the last week of the month so potentially some people will get FT’d in the last week of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Actually got them completed in about an hour there. Obviously everyones circumstances are different but I thought that would have taken me all day!!
    Anxious for PCA date now to see if I can get it off

Did you include a passport sized photograph with your vetting forms?

I noticed in previous years everyone sent a photograph but can’t find any instruction to do so this year. Maybe it changed along with how they sent us the vetting forms?

The pass mark last year was 50.

1509 was 55.

Basically we can't know what it is going to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Thanks for all the extra info in here from everyone,it helps knowing everyone is feeling the same way lol. It's been a long wait but we aren't too far away now from knowing our fate. Try not to torture yourselves lol

The pass mark last year was 50.

1509 was 55.

Basically we can't know what it is going to be

I took part in 1509, thought it was 55.

Not long to go now anyway folks!

I took part in 1509, thought it was 55.

Not long to go now anyway folks!

Does everyone who makes the pass mark get put on the merit list for the psni managed stages do you know? Or is it just a certain percent. Thanks

Does everyone who makes the pass mark get put on the merit list for the psni managed stages do you know? Or is it just a certain percent. Thanks

Everyone who achieves the pass mark will be put through to the PSNI managed stages. I’m not sure when you get the merit number these days, in 1509 I didn’t get a merit number with the AC results but I believe that has changed and you do get it with the AC results now.

• Advertisement

Everyone who achieves the pass mark will be put through to the PSNI managed stages. I’m not sure when you get the merit number these days, in 1509 I didn’t get a merit number with the AC results but I believe that has changed and you do get it with the AC results now.

That's great thanks for the reply,hope you get good news come may

That's great thanks for the reply,hope you get good news come may

Thank you, and I hope things go well for you too. This place will be busy on the 10th of May lol

Thank you, and I hope things go well for you too. This place will be busy on the 10th of May lol

Ha that's guaranteed,we will break the internet lol

Thanks for the reply! I reckon my vetting will take AGES as has always took longer than most peoples for nhs checks for jobs due to social work involvement due to my behaviour as a teen. Hoping it doesnt hold it up too much though! If I even get to that point, ofcourse!

Thanks for the reply! I reckon my vetting will take AGES as has always took longer than most peoples for nhs checks for jobs due to social work involvement due to my behaviour as a teen. Hoping it doesnt hold it up too much though! If I even get to that point, ofcourse!

Mine always takes a while longer too because of some details about my father. I’ve had delays in the past when applying for my firearms licence as an example. Having said that, I did get it as well as holding full security clearance to work in police stations and military bases. Just seems to take a bit longer than most other people.

Yea mine always get granted just take longer. Have worked as a midwife so working with vulnerable people in a 1:1 environment a lot of the time so it will get granted for everything else too im sure just a longer wait �� zero sanctioms or convictions so all good! Could be worse lol

• Advertisement

Yea mine always get granted just take longer. Have worked as a midwife so working with vulnerable people in a 1:1 environment a lot of the time so it will get granted for everything else too im sure just a longer wait �� zero sanctioms or convictions so all good! Could be worse lol

Think positive! This year is flying past, it’ll seem like no time at all for the other stages to complete.

It really is, doesn't feel all that long ago I was at AC and tjaf was start of Jan. Crazy.. Here's hoping the rest goes as quick! Bet May 7th onwards will feel like about 3 years worth of wait lol

It really is, doesn't feel all that long ago I was at AC and tjaf was start of Jan. Crazy.. Here's hoping the rest goes as quick! Bet May 7th onwards will feel like about 3 years worth of wait lol

Ha! Probably will! I’m so busy at work I’ll hopefully not notice the time going past.

How many times have people applied?

This is my 5th attempt

How many times have people applied?

This is my 5th attempt

This is my second, I got quite far in 1509 but withdrew because of the cheating thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement