Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

W221 wrote: »
    This is my second, I got quite far in 1509 but withdrew because of the cheating thing.

Mate that must be grim considering the last 1509 intake was June 2018. They exhausted that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

This is my first attempt,so glad I found this wee forum,definitely helps you through the process with good info and positivity

I feel AC went well in conparison to my 1509 AC but the second guessing and over analysing has kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

3rd time applying! I applied in 1309 and failed the push pull by 1kg. There was no option to redo it back then.
    Applied in 1405 and got an offer but didn’t accept because of my circumstances at the time.
    Here’s hoping it’s meant to be this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Mate that must be grim considering the last 1509 intake was June 2018. They exhausted that list

Im kicking myself for withdrawing, I just took the hump at the whole thing back then, recruitment called and told me that a minimum of 6 months would be added to the time. Turns out I would have most likely been taken in May 2017.

ctaylorf wrote: »
    3rd time applying! I applied in 1309 and failed the push pull by 1kg. There was no option to redo it back then.
    Applied in 1405 and got an offer but didn’t accept because of my circumstances at the time.
    Here’s hoping it’s meant to be this time!

Push pull is gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

This is my 1st attempt application and i agree this wee forum is good for the soul. I too im torturing myself regarding my performance in the AC. I fell into the name trap ( if yous know what i mean) even though i knew not too make assumptions however i hope i made up for that with the rest which i felt when fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

First timer here too!! Well.. to this stage. Had applied two years ago and never attended the AC stage- pulled out as had just started a new job and head was a bit all over the place with family stuff so bad timing. All good timing this time aroumd so hopefully meant to be

Is anyone else completely not fit at all? Lol I have started the couch to 5k to try get started and work from there ��

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Push pull is gone now

Thank goodness for that! I think I’d be ok with it now though as I’m much stronger than I was back then!
    Just need to focus on cardio rather than weights, in anticipation of Pca.... if I pass AC that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Is anyone else completely not fit at all? Lol I have started the couch to 5k to try get started and work from there ��

Get some hiit too....

I am getting nervous as time goes by and keep second guessing how I've done.

Was thinking about that. Most machines in the gym have that setting programmed now dont they? I eat really health and I'm slim so hoping I can get on track easy enough.. wishful thinking!

Was thinking about that. Most machines in the gym have that setting programmed now dont they? I eat really health and I'm slim so hoping I can get on track easy enough.. wishful thinking!

Circuits and rowing

Il get on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Vetting forms finally completed and ready to go. I would estimate it took me close to 8 hours to complete over 4 days. I thought I had a pretty straight forward history, just terrified of forgetting a random social media account from like 2008 lol

Here’s hoping more of you will be doing the forms by the end of this week!

Il get on it!!!

Basically you will be sucking air from London town on the PCA so do exercises similar to the PCA stations whilst hoofing it.

Most fail PCA cause they weren't in real discomfort when training and so it gets in their head.

It's all in your head.

I was in real discomfort doing 1 minute run 1 minute jog round the park near me at 7 this morning. Looked like a wee running roast tomato lol! Alot to get working on but Im determined

Well has anybody received fast track emails this week?

Toots123 wrote: »

Noooooo lol

• Advertisement

Noooooo lol

I'm just waiting til may,not even thinking about the fast track emails as I don't think it applys to me lol

I additionally get the impression that the fast track emails appear on a Friday about a fortnight apart going by last year's thread. Don't fret if you don't get one.

Toots123 wrote: »

Noooooo lol
    I dont feel so bad then!!lol. 🀗

No point worrying about the fastrack at this stage, everything will be kicking off very soon anyway!

Guys, stop! Your making me nervous lol. Lets all just assume May and not a second before

Yes your quite right. I will just be glad to get a pass!!

• Advertisement

Guys, stop! Your making me nervous lol. Lets all just assume May and not a second before
    Okay sorry! This is so not like me im usually 'what will be will be'. But this process is soo long its pure torture!lol

Im completely kidding I am equally insane constantly checking here and my emails �� but trying to act like I have a what will br will be attitude to see if it will trick my brain...

Im completely kidding I am equally insane constantly checking here and my emails �� but trying to act like I have a what will br will be attitude to see if it will trick my brain...
    Ha ha love it!!lol
    It does help chatting on here to others who are going through the same thing. It can be a very isolating process only a few to discuss with so it eases the headache of the wait.

100%!! The only couple of people who know are family, my mum thinks Im bonkers and the others just dont get it. I thought my wait for finding out if I got into uni was bad but tjis process has been 20x worse.. think its because of how much we all want it

How's everyone's week going?

Hump day isn't going too bad for me and I love seeing the sun. The brighter days make all the difference in my opinion. I feel more energised in the sun and happier.

Ps out of curiosity has anyone been following Line of Duty? It's so good!

• Advertisement

How's everyone's week going?

Hump day isn't going too bad for me and I love seeing the sun. The brighter days make all the difference in my opinion. I feel more energised in the sun and happier.

Ps out of curiosity has anyone been following Line of Duty? It's so good!

The sun makes a serious difference to my mood! I’ve been watching Queen of the South on Netflix, great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Line of duty is great!!.. Luther also is a good watch!

New Game of Thrones out soon that can keep us sane. Santa Clarita Diet is funny as if your humour is a bit dark lol. Im loving the sun its lovely! Think I have seasonal bipolar I wasnt built for NI lol

New Game of Thrones out soon that can keep us sane. Santa Vlarita Diet is funny as if your humour is a bit dark lol. Im loving the sun its lovely! Think I have seasonal bipolar I wasnt built for NI lol

Game of thrones will make us forget about the 10th of May

Game of thrones will make us forget about the 10th of May

Am I the only one who’s never watched Game of Thrones?

The sun makes a serious difference to my mood! I’ve been watching Queen of the South on Netflix, great show!

Never heard of it but will look it up.

I also second Santa Clarita Diet. It's great.

Yes,yes you are

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

i've never watched it either! lol

I wouldn't say its the best thing since sliced bread but definitely worth a watch... even if just to have a wee perve over Jon Snow lol. Much more excited for Avengers: Endgame!!

E18 wrote: »
    i've never watched it either! lol

Yay! There’s two of us!

My nephew was the wee baby in it, that’s all I know about the whole thing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

So if the PSNI stick to the same format as last year. The next fast trackers, (if there are anymore), potentially could hear tomorrow? At least if we don't hear, there's now officially less than a month!

So if the PSNI stick to the same format as last year. The next fast trackers, (if there are anymore), potentially could hear tomorrow? At least if we don't hear, there's now officially less than a month!
    Oh really!! No sleep tnight again!!lol
    This process had me wrecked!!lol. No on a serious note i have contented myself for the 10th may and if i get anything before that, thats a real bonus.

I've a feeling i've mucked up that badly in my assessment centre ( due to understandable circumstances) that I would be even lucky to get a look in on the 10th, fast track is something i'm not even letting enter my mind to be honest

I really don't even think I did enough to pass but I'm always negative and usually end up suprising myself so fingers crossed! Still isnt stopping me from wishful thinking over an early email.. The last 2 weeks have honestly dragged more than the last 3 months!

I really don't even think I did enough to pass but I'm always negative and usually end up suprising myself so fingers crossed! Still isnt stopping me from wishful thinking over an early email.. The last 2 weeks have honestly dragged more than the last 3 months!

If I thought there was any chance or like you end up surprising myself I would def be day dreaming over that email too, but unfortunately I know I have caused too much damage at it to not even be a possibility.. so fingers crossing i somehow scrape it for the 10th

Remember guys the police will always be there so if this year doesn't work out , don't throw the head up.

Use it, own it and try again.

Plenty of peelers took ages to get in

Just to remind you guys as it's coming up to results day.

When we get our outcome and subsequently receive our ML positions.

Do not share your exact ML position.

Let's agree to provide a range.

No identifying info on here please, dissidents monitor this site.

You never know E18!!

True YNWA27. Think I need to job hunt as not happy where I am and could stick at it if I had an end in sight (ie in psni process further) but if I havent got in this time I need a change regardless think thats why I feel even more is relying on this

Im trying to be positive. I did my best its a very pressurised unreal environment that would unnerve the most confident of applicants. So keep the chin up everybody and lets not try and be too hard on ourselves.

• Advertisement

My first AC in 1509 made me a mess. Panicking etc.

I kind of went into this AC with a "f*** it" attitude. Still worked hard, never took my foot off the gas and worked the whole time i was there. So i wasn't really unnerved. Just normal jitters.

Advertisement