Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm actually a pretty positive person, but dealing with the current situation I have at the moment (without going into too much detail) would be enough to make someone cancel and try again when things calm down, but I thought give it a go and see.. :) So we will see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

E18 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong guys, I'm actually a pretty positive person, but dealing with the current situation I have at the moment (without going into too much detail) would be enough to make someone cancel and try again when things calm down, but I thought give it a go and see.. :) So we will see :)

I have a similar situation atm. All will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

We will do maybe a 25 or 30 position bracket? Or what do yous think? (Says me who probably won't get that far lol).

Oh dear doesn't sound good guys. Cant even imagine what could have happened but maybe I done the same and am just oblivious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

I think and this is just my opinion. I think if you give a good start middle and ending in the Roleplays we stand a good chance of passing. Ever the optimist. I went in with the attitude to each one with be human understanding show empathy and treat thr person as i would like to be dealt with in each scenario. If its not enuf then i got it all wrong. Oops!! Lol

Toots123 wrote: »
    I think and this is just my opinion. I think if you give a good start middle and ending in the Roleplays we stand a good chance of passing. Ever the optimist. I went in with the attitude to each one with be human understanding show empathy and treat thr person as i would like to be dealt with in each scenario. If its not enuf then i got it all wrong. Oops!! Lol

Consistency is of course the key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

MidwifeN wrote: »
    We will do maybe a 25 or 30 position bracket? Or what do yous think? (Says me who probably won't get that far lol).

Oh dear doesn't sound good guys. Cant even imagine what could have happened but maybe I done the same and am just oblivious

The other threads seem to be about 20

Also no dates of any event we have to go to

What doesnt sound good? Have i missed something?

W221 wrote: »

The other threads seem to be about 20
    20 what??

We had a troll land. Mods killed it

• Advertisement

Also to re iterate the personal security point.

Check this out.

https://www.facebook.com/593220824435427/videos/269493117268755/

And the associated FB pages.

Pay attention to the hate people have for the police.

Lets not put ourselves at risk

YNWA27 wrote: »

We had a troll land. Mods killed it
    A what? Dont understand what you mean!

20 what??

When we get our merit number and if you’d like to share it, we are suggesting putting yourself in a score bracket instead of telling your exact score. So for example if I managed to get 532 I would put myself in a bracket of 530-550 or 520-540.

It’s just the same as the other threads for 1509 and 1710 are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Emails out!

Emails out!

Ohhhhhh! Who got them?? Wasn’t me anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Nothing here either. Good luck to everyone who got one. Looks like may for me

None here :(

Nothing here either. Good luck to everyone who got one. Looks like may for me

Sure it’s only 3 weeks or something. Plus, gives us more time to prep for the PCA!

Got fast tracked!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Got fast tracked!

Congratulations

• Advertisement

Got fast tracked!

Excellent news! Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Morning all! I’m one of the lucky ones who has recieved an email. For those who have also progressed, do you know how the PSNI will be in contact with us? Through phone, email, letter etc? Basically, I’m out of the country until mid June so worried in case they try to call me as my uk Number is out of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

Congratulations to every one being fast tracked today. I am one of the ones was fasttracked a fortnight ago and the process definately isnt as quick this year as last campaign. Im itching for a PCA date and no word!! So the long wait still continues fast track or not im afraid!

Kw19 wrote: »
    Morning all! I’m one of the lucky ones who has recieved an email. For those who have also progressed, do you know how the PSNI will be in contact with us? Through phone, email, letter etc? Basically, I’m out of the country until mid June so worried in case they try to call me as my uk Number is out of action.

It will be email, from the same address as you received today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Kbe173 wrote: »
    It will be email, from the same address as you received today!

Perfect, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Well done everyone,not long til the 10th of May for the rest of us hopefuls lol

Well done everyone,not long til the 10th of May for the rest of us hopefuls lol

Correct! Gives me a few more weeks to burn the big fry off that I just scoffed lol

Is it basically just the barely passes and the fails hear back on the 10th? Lol turning into a negative Nancy over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Congratulations to every one being fast tracked today. I am one of the ones was fasttracked a fortnight ago and the process definately isnt as quick this year as last campaign. Im itching for a PCA date and no word!! So the long wait still continues fast track or not im afraid!

Definitely seems to be slower! I’m also awaiting PCA after getting the email a fortnight ago. Was kind of hoping it would arrive today but am now thinking perhaps after the cut off date for Vetting forms being returned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Well done to everyone who got an email today!

Definitely seems to be slower! I’m also awaiting PCA after getting the email a fortnight ago. Was kind of hoping it would arrive today but am now thinking perhaps after the cut off date for Vetting forms being returned?

Im still semi hopeful for today. I think they give 4ish weeks notice for PCA so anything after next week and there would be no point in fast track!

Is it basically just the barely passes and the fails hear back on the 10th? Lol turning into a negative Nancy over here!

Last year there were people got 67 faat tracked but some got 68 werent. A lot is down to luck of the draw with AC dates also.( this is my first time applying, im just going by whats available for everyone to read on here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

Well done to everyone who got the email today! Nothing for me either... but 4 weeks today and we will know!

Last year there were people got 67 faat tracked but some got 68 werent. A lot is down to luck of the draw with AC dates also.( this is my first time applying, im just going by whats available for everyone to read on here)

Last year fast tracks went out before ACs were finished. This year ACs were completed before FT so that won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Congrats to all who got the email. Nothing for me today!

• Advertisement

Last year fast tracks went out before ACs were finished. This year ACs were completed before FT so that won't happen again.

I was trying to be positive to the poster.....no its not going to only be fails and very low marks in may. There will be 100s on the merit list so dont lose hope MidwifeN

No not at all! I scored a B in 1509 which was decent by all accounts and followed the normal timeline. It’ll be the A* and A people who get fast tracked.

No, I think they just need to keep moving process along. You might have done great. Everyone will hear next month. Be positive.

Not me!

Fantastic well done

• Advertisement

What time did the emails come through at and is it from Deloitte or psni?

From PSNI

From PSNI
    Awh okay. Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Many of the fast trackers have an a.c. in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

well done everyone who got fast tracked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

What does it mean if you have recieved no email at all? Just wait until May 10th and try not to think of how the AC may have been a total disaster...

Many of the fast trackers have an a.c. in March?

Yes..

I was trying to be positive to the poster.....no its not going to only be fails and very low marks in may. There will be 100s on the merit list so dont lose hope MidwifeN

Thankyou!! Will try stay positive. Havent cried in about 6 years and honestly think il cry if its a no lol. Do you get told what mark you got or grade in the email?

Thankyou!! Will try stay positive. Havent cried in about 6 years and honestly think il cry if its a no lol. Do you get told what mark you got or grade in the email?

No one has that info til 10th may. But theyll be people waiting until then that were 1 mark off fast track. They need to draw the line somewhere! There will only be 100ish have been fasttracked and 100s more pass.

There’ll probably be another fast track in two weeks folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement