Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

I has been a long wait but hopefully there is plenty of happy people on here next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Funny feeling results will come out Wednesday or Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Funny feeling results will come out Wednesday or Thursday

Hope you're right,would be a quicker end to the turmoil of not knowing,we will be put out of our misery for good or bad soon enough lol. Do your funny feelings normally come true?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Funnily enough they do. Mystic Meg lol

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Funnily enough they do. Mystic Meg lol

Hope so, we’ve waited long enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Very anxious now. Was confident, joined the gym again.. but now.. now I'm a nervous wreck! Good luck to all anyway!

Troaway wrote: »
    Very anxious now. Was confident, joined the gym again.. but now.. now I'm a nervous wreck! Good luck to all anyway!

Lol I know the feeling,so close but so far away,just try to keep focused on other things like the gym to keep your mind off the big email lol. Exercise is definitely a good way to release stress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

Likewise. Put it to the back of my mind until this week really but letting it get the better of me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hey folks,
    Just a quick message to wish everyone well for friday. Regardless of your result (and mine) just know that there are many more opportunities to apply again, and as disheartening as it may be, when it rains we sometimes ought to look for the stars 🀗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

One of the fast trackers looking some advice here.
    My PCA is in the very near future, vetting is ongoing. Unfortunately I am unable to attend my PCA on my given date, due to unavoidable circumstances. I have emailed recruitment twice with no response. Any advice??

Also good luck to everyone on Friday! Thought my AC was an actual train wreck until I got the fast tracking email. A lot of people could be pleasantly surprised 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

blue3790 wrote: »
    My PCA is in the very near future, vetting is ongoing. Unfortunately I am unable to attend my PCA on my given date, due to unavoidable circumstances. I have emailed recruitment twice with no response. Any advice??

Ring recruitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

I would ring them directly. Hopefully you'll get it sorted.

Thanks guys.. Was going to ring if I hadn't heard by the end of this week. Given the volume of emails they're probably receiving, mines are probably sitting in a queue to be read. Will ring this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Thanks guys.. Was going to ring if I hadn't heard by the end of this week. Given the volume of emails they're probably receiving, mines are probably sitting in a queue to be read. Will ring this evening.

Ring 101 ask for recruitment. Sorted

• Advertisement

I changed a PCA date on one occasion, they did say they would do it under very special circumstances only and once only.

W221 wrote: »
    I changed a PCA date on one occasion, they did say they would do it under very special circumstances only and once only.
    Recruitment emailed me back today. All sorted. Thanks everyone.

Recruitment emailed me back today. All sorted. Thanks everyone.

Brilliant! Glad you got sorted. Best of luck with the PCA when you get to it!

What's the odds that the AC results will be issued tomorrow? Or will they stick to the 10th to release them?

What's the odds that the AC results will be issued tomorrow? Or will they stick to the 10th to release them?

That would be nice as this waiting and not knowing is getting too much lol

• Advertisement

Tell me about it. Nearly half a year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Oh my word the nerves are getting the better of me. Hopefully here tomorrow but diff friday. No sleep for me!!

Haha i know,these last couple of days have definitely been the hardest. Heads away and my battery will be dead soon as I'm constantly refreshing my email and coming on here lol

Haha i know,these last couple of days have definitely been the hardest. Heads away and my battery will be dead soon as I'm constantly refreshing my email and coming on here lol
    I thought it was just me who keeps doing that!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Toots123 wrote: »
    I thought it was just me who keeps doing that!!lol

Guilty here too!

Hopefully they are issued tomorrow.. cant wait to know either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bellebelfast

My nerves are wrecked waiting on the email. I failed IST last year by one point so my first year doing assessment centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

My nerves are wrecked waiting on the email. I failed IST last year by one point so my first year doing assessment centre.

Good luck!

I gotta admit my nerves are going a bit too, I’m usually not very excitable but this time I am!

Thankfully work is really busy which keeps me off my phone during the day.

Nearly there folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

My nerves are away too!! Constantly checking emails and here. Iv heard fails get a letter? But surely not the same day so if we dont get an email Friday I guess thats a fail and we are just waiting on the letter next week?

Have had so much personal life problems lately Im surprised Im still obsessed with Friday but here I am.. think that shows how much I want it

MidwifeN wrote: »
    My nerves are away too!! Constantly checking emails and here. Iv heard fails get a letter? But surely not the same day so if we dont get an email Friday I guess thats a fail and we are just waiting on the letter next week?

Have had so much personal life problems lately Im surprised Im still obsessed with Friday but here I am.. think that shows how much I want it

I can’t imagine they’d post a letter out if we didn’t make it through. That’s certainly not the case for the IST anyway. They’re bound to email everyone with a result, regardless of the outcome itself.

Hang in there, positive thoughts only!

• Advertisement

I actually think that might be worse news.. lol an email stating my fate either way! I may sit down with a coors and a cuppa depending on the result!

I'm not usually to hung up on things. I failed IST last year by one point so that makes me what ot more. Hope you get the result you hope for. X

Anyone any idea how many got through to assessment centre?

How frustrating for you Bellebelfast!! That would drive me insane. I stupidly passes IST last year and pulled out before AC - it just wasn't the right time for me but this year I'm ready! Fingers tightly crossed that you get good news on Friday :)

Good luck all today hopefully we will receive some good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Been waiting since my AC in jan, this has been an immense wait

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

You get a pass or fail via email. It basically tells you your score. I failed the AC by .75 of a Mark last year. Had I achieved .25 of a mark more it would have been rounded up and I would be sitting at the bottom of the merit list. The email also breaks down how you scored for each exercise so if you do fail it’s a learning curve for the next campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Best of Luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

I'm not usually to hung up on things. I failed IST last year by one point so that makes me what ot more. Hope you get the result you hope for. X

Vetting fails get a letter not AC fails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

One more sleep!!!

Yep all the best everyone,hope we receive good news and like people have said if not then use it to learn from. Would love to get the email today pass or fail just to put us out of our misery lol but almost accepting it will be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zero1000F

LMAO I dont think I have EVER checked my emails so much in my life than i have the past month!

Good luck all for tomorrow :-) ☺☺☺

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Best of luck to everyone

I’ve been blasting my email box too this morning. On a random tangent, I bumped in to our Julian Simmons about half an hour ago lol

countdown-clock-600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

It will be even worse tomorrow morning, expecting the email at like 08:00 and it comes through midday or something!

It will be even worse tomorrow morning, expecting the email at like 08:00 and it comes through midday or something!

From my experience it’ll be 6pm :)

What time does the emails come through.? Will it be early morning or will we have to wait until 16.55pm!!lol

Gosh this is really stomach churning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

The results were out at 11AM for the 1710

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Results for the 1510 were at 12.10pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement