Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Stomach is doing somersaults 🀢

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bellebelfast

niarm887 wrote: »
    The results were out at 11AM for the 1710

My IST results was 730pm

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Feeling increasingly nervous about PCA and time limits. What weights are things?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Pips01 wrote: »
    Results for the 1510 were at 12.10pm

I think my 1509 was late that day in comparison

My IST results was 730pm

Mine was 17:55. It seems there’s no pattern at all, they must send them one by one rather than draft and bulk send.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Feeling increasingly nervous about PCA and time limits. What weights are things?

The video would lead you to believe it isn't really about the weight of things, looks like a very short kettlebell walk with light kettlebells, around 12kg and then a drag of a pad a short distance, it doesn't look heavy.

Have you watched the video? It will give you a good idea of what to expect, more cardio than strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cherryapple444

Troaway wrote: »

The video would lead you to believe it isn't really about the weight of things, looks like a very short kettlebell walk with light kettlebells, around 12kg and then a drag of a pad a short distance, it doesn't look heavy.

Have you watched the video? It will give you a good idea of what to expect, more cardio than strength.

The drag bag is 39kg which is heavy enough for a female, or anybody when they’re on the last lap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Having done PCA fam.

Drag bag 41kg.

Kettle bells 2 x 8kg

The drag bag is 39kg which is heavy enough for a female, or anybody when they’re on the last lap

39kg is pretty heavy so I'll see what the gym has.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

39kg is pretty heavy so I'll see what the gym has.

The drag bag is grand, gives a bit of a pull at the start but its not a large distance you need to drag it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NI2019

What was the pass mark last year for the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CR4SSF1TGUY

I'd recommend a local crossfit gym if prepping for an assessment or further on. Crossfit is used in Gville, or the principles of it is, that and trail running from what I gather!

Entire process is a constant wait, so hard to not get carried away tho (currently on the vetting train then Ill have a date), slightly different process for a very similar role.

I'd recommend a local crossfit gym if prepping for an assessment or further on. Crossfit is used in Gville, or the principles of it is, that and trail running from what I gather!

Entire process is a constant wait, so hard to not get carried away tho (currently on the vetting train then Ill have a date), slightly different process for a very similar role.

What role?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Well folks i guess were being kept waiting rite down to the wire!!
    Tomorrow it is. There will be some action on this board tomorrow.
    I hope i sleep better tnight than i did ladt night. I also hope we hear early in the morning and not have to wait all day or there will be no work done!!
    Gosh hard to believe we will know our fate in less than 24hrs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

NI2019 wrote: »
    What was the pass mark last year for the AC?

I think it was 50 last year 55 the year before.

Toots123 wrote: »
    Well folks i guess were being kept waiting rite down to the wire!!
    Tomorrow it is. There will be some action on this board tomorrow.
    I hope i sleep better tnight than i did ladt night. I also hope we hear early in the morning and not have to wait all day or there will be no work done!!
    Gosh hard to believe we will know our fate in less than 24hrs!!

I didn’t think they’d release anything early but we’re almost there anyway. If I don’t make it I’m going straight back in again!

I know we’ve probably covered this before but do they advise the ML number with AC results these days? They didn’t when I was in 1509.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

W221 wrote: »
    I didn’t think they’d release anything early but we’re almost there anyway. If I don’t make it I’m going straight back in again!

I know we’ve probably covered this before but do they advise the ML number with AC results these days? They didn’t when I was in 1509.

They didn't for 1710, id say they won't until June.

I believe it was mid June by the time the merit numbers were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Orbital1 wrote: »

So PCA invites maybe late June?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drtldl

I didn’t realise we don’t get ML numbers tomorrow. So do we get a pass/fail and our marks from the AC then? Can you get a good enough idea from the marks where you’ll come in the ML?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Was there not a delay in the merit list being handed over last year though?

Orbital1 wrote: »

A few people from other threads and possibly this one were fairly adamant that the ML would be given in the same email. I wasn’t convinced based on my time in 1509. Who knows, we’ll see tomorrow!

JJss1988 wrote: »
    So PCA invites maybe late June?

Yes, first batch of pca dates went out after that. Then then they issued pcas in batches of merit numbers by operational demand. So some of us who are going to be on the lower end may have a very long wait ahead.

Was there not a delay in the merit list being handed over last year though?
    There was a delay in the handing of the merit list from delloite to the psni due to people not filling in their grade forms correctly. Once that was complete the AC results were issued, it was then later that we all recieved our merit numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GMAC1997

I just hope the email has a nice big pass on it and not a fail!!

GMAC1997 wrote: »
    I just hope the email has a nice big pass on it and not a fail!!

Same here! ML number would be a bonus too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Very best of luck to everyone tomorrow ��������

Alright guys.

I wish you all the best of luck.

All will be ok if it's bad news, take the feedback on board and come back fighting next time round.

Chin up and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

Nerves kicking in now lol, goodluck guys hope its good news for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

D day tomorrow! Good luck everyone.. hoping there will be lots of good news on here tomorrow

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Alright guys.

I wish you all the best of luck.

All will be ok if it's bad news, take the feedback on board and come back fighting next time round.

Chin up and good luck.

Thank you! I’ll certainly be back if it doesn’t work out tomorrow. Heck I might even attend one of the coaching classes now I know about them lol.

Good luck to everyone. Sleep well folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JR87A

Alright folks! Best of luck!

Second try on this, missed by 2% last year, so I'll even be happy scraping though this year 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

I'l be happy for any sort of a pass even if Im bang bottom of the ML!! Good luck everybody! Hopefully they dont keep torturing us until like half 5 ! Lol

MidwifeN wrote: »
    I'l be happy for any sort of a pass even if Im bang bottom of the ML!! Good luck everybody! Hopefully they dont keep torturing us until like half 5 ! Lol

My 1710 results came through around 11.30, so I'm really hoping for the same!

My 1710 results came through around 11.30, so I'm really hoping for the same!

Good Luck. Let's hope my first AC isn't a fail. A nervous sleep coming up. X

Good luck guys. Whats for us wont pass us! Thats my saying anyway. And if it is bad news ill be going again for round 2 in the Autum again.

Nerves have set in big time

Nerves have set in big time

It’ll be fine, just go about your normal day and take it as it comes. Get some grub in ye and think positive!

Good luck everyone :)

I’m off to work now. I’ll be back on later, hopefully to see some good news posts from everyone!

Oh gosh D.day! Lets hope were all back on here later today celebrating with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

All the best everyone,hope we all get good news. If not keep the chin up and go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 GMAC1997

Good luck ladies and gents, just been hitting refresh button on my email all morning... anyone the same?

GMAC1997 wrote: »
    Good luck ladies and gents, just been hitting refresh button on my email all morning... anyone the same?

Yesssss lol

Pointless though, they probably haven’t got to their desks yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

man-about-to-vomit-green-or-yellow-bile-covering-his-mouth-with-his-hand.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

All the best ladies and gents.. Hope everyone gets through! Whether your no. 1 or 1001..still in the running

Good luck all. You'll be great and if it's not your year I bet there's plenty you've learnt in the process. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Folks good luck today.

I’m from the 1710 campaign, scored quite low at the assessment centre but I’ve received my start date for GV, if you want it enough, you’ll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Yes, good luck all, try not to refresh the emails too much lol

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

I feel so sick!! Thought of work shortly urgh... im going to have to go on quarter hourly pee trips to check my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Results are in.. Regretfully I was unsuccessful by 1%.
    Absolutely gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Results are in.. Regretfully I was unsuccessful by 1%.
    Absolutely gutted

So sorry to hear, there’s always next time.

Just out of interest what is the pass mark this year?

Advertisement