Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

W221 wrote: »
    I dunno about the rest of you but I’m exhausted! I was running around work this morning like a mad person waiting for the results. That plus a red bull has burnt me out. I’m ready for bed lol

I know your pain,I went from dizzy spells and nausea to working harder than I have ever had before in a very manic way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Pips01 wrote: »
    Sorry for being silly but what is PCA? Lol passed with a B so well chuffed!!

Physical Competence Assessment (Fitness test)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Physical Competence Assessment (Fitness test)

Is this the next stage or is it the vetting? Unsure after looking online

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cawcaw101

Hi guys! Congratulations on those who passed! Unfortunately i’ve failed by less than one mark.. is there anything that can be done or will I have to reapply in another recruitment drive? Thanks!

Tashbash wrote: »
    Is this the next stage or is it the vetting? Unsure after looking online

For those of us in the Fast track groups, we received vetting forms shortly after we got the fast track email then after submitting those got a date for PCA.

Your vetting will run alongside this as it can take some time

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Cawcaw101 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Congratulations on those who passed! Unfortunately i’ve failed by less than one mark.. is there anything that can be done or will I have to reapply in another recruitment drive? Thanks!

Sorry to hear this. This happened me in the 1710 campaign. I achieved a 49.25 in that but the pass mark was 50. There is no appeal just reapply. I got a high B in this campaign so think positive as now you know what your facing! Good luck!

Newest update on the JoinPSNI website:

Assessment Centre Results 10th May 2019

Results from the Assessment Centre for the role of police constable have now been issued to all candidates. Congratulations to all of you who are now progressing to the PSNI managed stages of the recruitment process.

Please note, it will be a few days before the merit list is handed over to PSNI, so you will not be contacted immediately by the PSNI. We will post an update in recruitment news to let you know when details of the successful candidates have been passed to PSNI. In the meantime, if you have any queries, please contact us on info@joinpsni.co.uk.

Don’t be too disheartened if you were not successful at the Assessment Centre on this occasion. Consider that you have done very well to progress this far, something that thousands of other applicants did not achieve. We would encourage you to build on your experience at the recent Assessment Centre and apply again when we next recruit

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Newest update on the JoinPSNI website:

Assessment Centre Results 10th May 2019

Results from the Assessment Centre for the role of police constable have now been issued to all candidates. Congratulations to all of you who are now progressing to the PSNI managed stages of the recruitment process.

Please note, it will be a few days before the merit list is handed over to PSNI, so you will not be contacted immediately by the PSNI. We will post an update in recruitment news to let you know when details of the successful candidates have been passed to PSNI. In the meantime, if you have any queries, please contact us on info@joinpsni.co.uk.

Don’t be too disheartened if you were not successful at the Assessment Centre on this occasion. Consider that you have done very well to progress this far, something that thousands of other applicants did not achieve. We would encourage you to build on your experience at the recent Assessment Centre and apply again when we next recruit
    Wonder how many have passed the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Does anyone know when vetting forms get sent out? That wait was horrendous!! So sorry to anyone who didnt get it this time you will rock it next time! Congrats all the passes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Did you get your result?

Yes got a mid B, defo thought id failed lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

How do you know what a low or high grade is. What are the brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Toots123 wrote: »
    How do you know what a low or high grade is. What are the brackets

The email explains it all in detail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

The pass mark is quite low this year compared to previous years and they usually pass around 1000 applicants don’t they? I scored in the 60s so hoping I don’t have to wait too long

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Autumn1998

Can anyone advise how people got into fast track?

Cawcaw101 wrote: »
    Awh so sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Autumn1998 wrote: »

I'd say it's the top so many of the a* and maybe a's

Those of us who had a high enough score and therefore were going to pass the assessment centre were progressed to the PSNI stages. There were two groups. First group found out end of March and 2nd group 2 weeks later I believe. We knew we had passed the AC but didn’t know what our grade was since then

I’m not sure what the parameters were to qualify for fast track but I’d be keen to know!

Those of us who had a high enough score and therefore were going to pass the assessment centre were progressed to the PSNI stages. There were two groups. First group found out end of March and 2nd group 2 weeks later I believe. We knew we had passed the AC but didn’t know what our grade was since then

I’m not sure what the parameters were to qualify for fast track but I’d be keen to know!

Ah that’s good too know! I thought it was maybe something to do with a previous application. I completed my vetting for 1710 and passed literally 2 months ago. Feel like it’s such a lengthy process :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yahooo194

Is anyone able to explain the merit list?

• Advertisement

Yahooo194 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to explain the merit list?

It is simply a list (like a leaderboard) of every candidate in order of how they performed at the assessment centre. You are then progressed in this order. The closer to #1 on the list you are, the sooner you would be offered a job providing you pass all other stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

So what’s next? Vetting I’m guessing?

What exactly does the vetting process include? Anyone ever went through this before?

So what’s next? Vetting I’m guessing?

What exactly does the vetting process include? Anyone ever went through this before?

Vetting and PCA would be next, probably at the same sort of time. I’ve been vetted a few times for this process in the past and also for my work.

You need to complete some forms with your (detailed) personal information and they carry out background checks on you and your immediate family. They also carry out credit checks to see if you’re susceptible to bribery or corruption due to uncontrolled debts.

Vetting and PCA would be next, probably at the same sort of time. I’ve been vetted a few times for this process in the past and also for my work.

You need to complete some forms with your (detailed) personal information and they carry out background checks on you and your immediate family. They also carry out credit checks to see if you’re susceptible to bribery or corruption due to uncontrolled debts.

Thankyou for the reply. Also can I ask how do you know if you are on the merit list? (And what exactly is this?)

Thanks again

Thankyou for the reply. Also can I ask how do you know if you are on the merit list? (And what exactly is this?)

Thanks again

Well, if you passed the assessment centre today then you’ll be on the merit list. It’s just a list of all those who passed in order of how well they scored in the assessment centre. So, if you’re number 1 on the merit list, you’re top of the pile and will progress faster than someone else who’s maybe 800 on the merit list. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Thanks again

Did you pass AC?

• Advertisement

YNWA27 wrote: »
    Did you pass AC?

Yeh low 60s

Did you pass AC?

Yeh low 60s

Then you are on the ML list.

The ML list is all passes in order or performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Does anyone know when vetting forms get sent out? That wait was horrendous!! So sorry to anyone who didnt get it this time you will rock it next time! Congrats all the passes!

It'll be by email so it won't be a big wait.
    Edit it'll depend on ML number perhaps too and be alongside PCA. I doubt they'd be able to process lots of forms at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Congrats to everyone who passed, to everyone who didn’t , just looks at your strengths and weaknesses and practice on honing your weaknesses. What’s not meant for you won’t pass you by .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Nb1234 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who passed, to everyone who didn’t , just looks at your strengths and weaknesses and practice on honing your weaknesses. What’s meant for you won’t pass you by .

That's one of my favourite quotations. Let's work hard guys.

What's meant for you won't pass you by.

Work for it in the silence and let your success be your applause.

Let's do this!

• Advertisement

That's one of my favourite quotations. Let's work hard guys.

What's meant for you won't pass you by.

Work for it in the silence and let your success be your applause.

Let's do this!

Also love that quote you posted too, folks just for a bit of information, I’m a prison officer who has been applying for the PSNI for the last 5 years to no avail , I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel and give up on applying and applied this time round as a last ditch attempt. I said to myself that if I didn’t get it this time I would stop so I really put in the work and revised and I passed the AC. If you want it hard enough you will get it .

Vetting forms are now emailed. You will get a progression email telling you that you are to start the PSNI managed stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ButterBagels

Congrats to everyone who passed, to everyone who didn’t , just looks at your strengths and weaknesses and practice on honing your weaknesses. What’s not meant for you won’t pass you by .

Could you forward on any revision materials? I only scored 43 in the AC and am feeling really despondent about it, I thought I did a lot better and I feel my scores in each section don't really correspond with how I did in each area...

Could you forward on any revision materials? I only scored 43 in the AC and am feeling really despondent about it, I thought I did a lot better and my scores in each section don't really correspond with how I did in each area...

Pm me tomorrow and I’ll be back home and I’ll send you some stuff mate

Pm me tomorrow and I’ll be back home and I’ll send you some stuff mate

Thank you, appreciate it :)

Vetting forms are now emailed. You will get a progression email telling you that you are to start the PSNI managed stages
    How do you know that?

Thank you, appreciate it :)

Anything to help a colleague ðŸ˜

Could you forward on any revision materials? I only scored 43 in the AC and am feeling really despondent about it, I thought I did a lot better and I feel my scores in each section don't really correspond with how I did in each area...
    There is training course you can do its a private company in Belfast and itz one full day. This was my first year applying and i got a high B. I feel it was extremely helpful. If interested ill pm you the details.

There is training course you can do its a private company in Belfast and itz one full day. This was my first year applying and i got a high B. I feel it was extremely helpful. If interested ill pm you the details.

Please do!

There other tutors than those guys. Seem to all do well

• Advertisement

Please do!
    Just sent it.

How do we know vetting is via email now? Was this on recruitment website? Or how did we find out

How do we know vetting is via email now? Was this on recruitment website? Or how did we find out
    Cause I got mine sent to me...

Oooh I see lol

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Did you get fast tracked I cant remember.. if not, what score did you get? I havent got a vetting email wondering if they are sent on based on score first

MidwifeN wrote: »

Did you get fast tracked I cant remember.. if not, what score did you get? I havent got a vetting email wondering if they are sent on based on score first

A grade 70-75%

Was Fast tracked yes.

You will not get a vetting email until you get your progression email saying you have moved onto the PSNI managed stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

Long time lurker passed in the mid 60s so happy really did not expect it. I just hope its is enough.

Also love that quote you posted too, folks just for a bit of information, I’m a prison officer who has been applying for the PSNI for the last 5 years to no avail , I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel and give up on applying and applied this time round as a last ditch attempt. I said to myself that if I didn’t get it this time I would stop so I really put in the work and revised and I passed the AC. If you want it hard enough you will get it .

I think I may have met you at the AC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

SAPY wrote: »
    Long time lurker passed in the mid 60s so happy really did not expect it. I just hope its is enough.

Surely it's enough lol A pass is a pass and you go on to the next stage? And you got a good B. Are you thinking that the merit list will be that long that they will never get to you?

• Advertisement

Morning all. Feels like the morning after!!lol
    That was the 1st good nights sleep i have had in a week.
    Now that i have had time to think it all through it really is exciting times ahead.
    Time to really get my butt in gear and get ready for the fitness end. Made an appointment to get my eyes checked also as i may need to get lazer done to meet the unaided standard. But im just going to not stress and take the next stages ad they come. The AC was the big hurdle the rest is in my own control to a certain extent.

Advertisement