Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Ah perfect saves me a job! Thankyou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

SMS19 wrote: »
    I must have missed that email. What address did it come from?

A friend emailed them and they replied with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

NornIron74 wrote: »
    SMS19 wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

An email from police recruitment saying "We anticipate that all candidates on the 1810 merit list will be contacted no later than Friday afternoon."
    Did you receive the email? Or who got it!

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Was it not previously listed that remaining 1710 would be put through alongside 1810 higher merit candidates. More of a wait ahead now then... last year a person same AC grade got the call in November. Guess il not hold my breath for the same this year
    What grade did you get. I got High B just trying to compare.

Do yous think we will receive our vetting and pca dates with our Merit Numbers or will that come later.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Toots123 wrote: »

Roughly middle B Toot123

Roughly middle B Toot123
    Well hopefully we will all be closely going through each stage at the same time. Hows the training going!

Well hopefully we will all be closely going through each stage at the same time. Hows the training going!

Sticking at it religiously I can definitely notice general fitness improving but still LOTS to work on, you?

Sticking at it religiously I can definitely notice general fitness improving but still LOTS to work on, you?
    Sent you pm.
    Yes im working really hard at it aswel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

If you dont mind me asking, what are you doing to prepare? How many days a week etc?

E18 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking, what are you doing to prepare? How many days a week etc?

I do 4x a week alternating circuits and bootcamp. My husband keeps banging on at me to do the bleep test as that’s what he does to prepare for his PCAs and in the old days they had to attain a level 7 to pass etc and he passes if that’s any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Do yous think we will receive our vetting and pca dates with our Merit Numbers or will that come later.

PCAs are issued in merit order.

Therefore PCA dayes will be issued to those who scored just below FT threshold

I attend a bootcamp three mornings a week (they alternate 2 days are alot of HIIT, circuits alot of bodyweight exercises etc. and one day, like today, is all weight exercises lunges squats push presses etc. Its just generally getting me fitter and a bit stronger and at least if I fail fitness my ass still looks good from the effort lol! I also walked up Binnian on Sunday past and plan to start the couch to 5k (again) next week so will do that hopefully twice a week permitting childcare (solo momma). Recognise its alot less effort than most but its the best I can do with my time for now anyway

I attend a bootcamp three mornings a week (they alternate 2 days are alot of HIIT, circuits alot of bodyweight exercises etc. and one day, like today, is all weight exercises lunges squats push presses etc. Its just generally getting me fitter and a bit stronger and at least if I fail fitness my ass still looks good from the effort lol! I also walked up Binnian on Sunday past and plan to start the couch to 5k (again) next week so will do that hopefully twice a week permitting childcare (solo momma). Recognise its alot less effort than most but its the best I can do with my time for now anyway

Well you are blowing me out of the water - well done, you should be proud.
    Ive started couch to 5k, just did day 2 .. Seriously unfit lol

Morning Guys!! Will it be today or down to the wire tomorrow!!lol

• Advertisement

Strength and conditioning circuits and spin classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Morning Guys!! Will it be today or down to the wire tomorrow!!lol

I'm going to say tomorrow!

Well you are blowing me out of the water - well done, you should be proud.
    Ive started couch to 5k, just did day 2 .. Seriously unfit lol

Trust me im the same lol I tried the couch to 5k before my bootcamp and didnt last two weeks and it was horrendous lol wasnt getting any easier and that was me going at it 3/4 times a week I was buggered.. hoping I can stick at it a bit better this time round now Iv got used to any form of exercise other than hiking in the last 8 years! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

I cant run any sort of distance at all.....i can sprint and do weights but anything over a mile and I wouldnt even bother. I passed comfortably enough so dont worry if your not gonna be the next Mo Farrah, the entire circuit 3 times isnt even a mile!!! You've all got great motivation to be keeping the fitness going so early, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Merit list is going out right now!

• Advertisement

Just seen it!!!!

Yay I'm pretty happy with mine!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Hope everyone is pleased with their ML haven't recieved mine yet but I scored a low B so I'm expecting to be a wee but down the list,all the best everyone

Im delighted with mine between 130 - 160. Pretty darn pleased.

The last campaign started a list,just with brackets of 20.....is that something people would be interested in to monitor progress??

Ps I am not offering to form this list lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

90-110 here

Kbe173 wrote: »
    The last campaign started a list,just with brackets of 20.....is that something people would be interested in to monitor progress??

Lol that definitely looked like an offer. I got between 240-260 bracket.

Did everyones email say this "I can now advise that we have reached the band that includes your score, therefore the PSNI Recruitment Team will be in touch with you shortly to invite you to complete Physical Competence Assessment, Vetting, Medical, Substance Misuse Test and Online Learning. " It seems generic the entire email... so not sure if that actually means Il be soon or did they all say that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Mid 400 for me,happy with that

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s

Do not give exact ML on here.

40-60 myself

• Advertisement

Did everyones email say this "I can now advise that we have reached the band that includes your score, therefore the PSNI Recruitment Team will be in touch with you shortly to invite you to complete Physical Competence Assessment, Vetting, Medical, Substance Misuse Test and Online Learning. " It seems generic the entire email... so not sure if that actually means Il be soon or did they all say that lol

Eh no.....im 60-80 bracket and I didnt get that in my email. Mine said recruitment would start in august and run til March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

410-430 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Down2Business

Eh no.....im 60-80 bracket and I didnt get that in my email. Mine said recruitment would start in august and run til March 2020

I’m 240-260 and got the same paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedtopXCV

380-400 here

Thanks Throwaway :) took the heat off me!! Im 60-80

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    NHS2018 = 200-220
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    TashBash = 400-420
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s

200-220 here

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

400-420 and I scored 60 in assessment centre. My email doesn’t mention that paragraph or give any dates

You already did your fitness though didnt you? Urgh...maybe that means my fitness will be soon enough after all. Not ready!

• Advertisement

Yes i did. Im 130-160

You already did your fitness though didnt you? Urgh...maybe that means my fitness will be soon enough after all. Not ready!

I have that paragraph in mine 200-220

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s
    Well done guys. Im abs buzzing here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Yeah I am also 240-260 bracket. Really happy with this, well done everyone. Sounds like PCA is just round the corner for us in around this bracket. Very nervous.

370-390 here.... I hope this means plenty of time for training?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Up 800 places from 1710. I’ll probably get an offer more quickly off this than the previous campaign hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

290-310 so happy congrats to everyone getting this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Monty95

Hi, I’m new on this have been following posts since last week and thought I would make an account! I’m between 220-240 on the list

370-390 here.... I hope this means plenty of time for training?!

If Im 240-260 and my email says they are working through my merit band Id say your looking at maybe 4 months MAX lol you can do it though :)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s

150-170