Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    SUFTUM95 = 150-170
    Monty95 = 220-240
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    Army654 = 240-260
    Sappy = 290-310
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    E18 = 370-390
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

MidwifeN wrote: »
    If Im 240-260 and my email says they are working through my merit band Id say your looking at maybe 4 months MAX lol you can do it though :)!!

to the pca??? Time to work a miracle lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

90-110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Got 340-360 .. pretty chuffed.

In my email it includes that last stated paragraph and that they have reached by band

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Merit number 460-480 and I scored 59.00 at the AC so I’m very very very happy with that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Pips01 wrote: »
    Got 340-360 .. pretty chuffed.

In my email it includes that last stated paragraph and that they have reached by band
    Your list position is quite close to mine so I would say I am the next band! Gives me a bit more time to prepare!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Merit number between 260-290. Pleased with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    NHS2018 = 200-220
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    TashBash = 400-420
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = Mid 400s

Sorry I'm between 400-420 got excited and forgot exactly what the email said. Just incase I get questioned at a later date lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

E18 wrote: »
    to the pca??? Time to work a miracle lol

You will be fine, focus on losing weight and v02 intervals (basically run for 5 minutes at your absolute max speed and then cool down for five minutes and repeat for about 45 mins then go lie down and die on the sofa) The fitness test requires you to go at 99 percent of what your capable off and that's exactly what v02 intervals are, they are amazing because you will learn to pace yourself so that you are basically trying very very hard but not going out at a full on sprint which you should never do till the very last portion of the test because if you try sprint your body needs to recover from doing that and it will slow you down if you try that on lap 1.

Another good way to test your fitness is to do a bleep test, anything over 6.10 you have a good chance of passing, anything over 9 and you'd have a hard time failing even if you knocked a few things over, failing that you get a retest 3 months down the line meaning at max you will have nearly 8 months to train, and trust me you can do anything in 8 months. I recommend getting the measuring tape out and setting this up because it can give you a lot of confidence and give you a good idea of where you are at, aim for an 8 and if you reach that goal you will be fine going in!

To anyone doing the fitness test I really can't stress enough how massive an impact losing the weight has, if your overweight your going to struggle the lighter you are the easier the test will be (to a certain point! if your already a healthy weight don't go mad and cut down so much you lose muscle mass)

Also my merit XXX, so just out of the XXX range, not sure how I feel I think i'd rather an extra two months of training

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedtopXCV

Tashbash wrote: »
    Your list position is quite close to mine so I would say I am the next band! Gives me a bit more time to prepare!

Me too!

• Advertisement

Ponif wrote: »
    You will be fine, focus on losing weight and v02 intervals (basically run for 5 minutes at your absolute max speed and then cool down for five minutes and repeat for about 45 mins then go lie down and die on the sofa) The fitness test requires you to go at 99 percent of what your capable off and that's exactly what v02 intervals are, they are amazing because you will learn to pace yourself so that you are basically trying very very hard but not going out at a full on sprint which you should never do till the very last portion of the test because if you try sprint your body needs to recover from doing that and it will slow you down if you try that on lap 1.

Another good way to test your fitness is to do a bleep test, anything over 6.10 you have a good chance of passing, anything over 9 and you'd have a hard time failing even if you knocked a few things over, failing that you get a retest 3 months down the line meaning at max you will have nearly 8 months to train, and trust me you can do anything in 8 months. I recommend getting the measuring tape out and setting this up because it can give you a lot of confidence and give you a good idea of where you are at, aim for an 8 and if you reach that goal you will be fine going in!

To anyone doing the fitness test I really can't stress enough how massive an impact losing the weight has, if your overweight your going to struggle the lighter you are the easier the test will be (to a certain point! if your already a healthy weight don't go mad and cut down so much you lose muscle mass)

Also my merit XXX, so just out of the XXX range, not sure how I feel I think i'd rather an extra two months of training

Great advise thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m77200

Does anyone know what the typical size of an intake into Garnerville would be? Also does anyone know why the recruitment is only running until March 2020?

m77200 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the typical size of an intake into Garnerville would be? Also does anyone know why the recruitment is only running until March 2020?

We believe 50-55 at the minute. And they have approval to recruit to March 2020, if they get more money they’ll keep going past this date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

Merit number 90-110 with PCA completed

m77200 wrote: »

Typically around 50, and the recruitment isn't only running to March 2020 but it is likely going to slow down, I'd expect after the next campaign they will be doing recruitment in 2y stages as opposed to doing it every year like they do now. There are always people retiring and they are always in need of new recruits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Itsthebartman

Does anyone have an idea as to how many positions are being made available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Raini

I got in top 20 guys!!!ABSOLUTELY BUZZIN !!!!!! Well done everyone, good luck for next stages!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Raini wrote: »
    I got in top 20 guys!!!ABSOLUTELY BUZZIN !!!!!! Well done everyone, good luck for next stages!

Class some achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Well done everyone!! Some excellent ML numbers on this!! To say im happy... im not sure. 460-480 on ML for me. Not really sure what that means at this stage of the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

150-170

Raini = 1-20
    YNWA27 = 40-60
    KBE173 = 60-80
    Throwaway36 = 70-90
    Dromore_2019 = 90-110
    Andy Smith = 90-110
    Toots123 = 130-160
    Nb1234 = 150-170
    SUFTUM95 = 150-170
    Ponif = XXX-XXX
    Monty95 = 220-240
    MidwifeN = 240-260
    Down2Business = 240-260
    Army654 = 240-260
    Ctaylorf = 260-290
    Sappy = 290-310
    Niarm887 = 270-300
    Pips01 = 340-360
    RedtopXCV = 380-400
    E18 = 370-390
    W221 = 410-430
    UnknownDude = 400-420
    JJss1988 = 460-480
    MD4PSNI = 460-480

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

270-300 here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DMcCPSNI

660-690 here

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

If Im 240-260 and my email says they are working through my merit band Id say your looking at maybe 4 months MAX lol you can do it though :)!!

Going from my experience of 1509 it’ll be a fair bit quicker than 4 months! I got the same grade this time as I did in 1509 and it was pretty much bang on 12 weeks from results day to PCA day. Bear in mind I’m in the low 400’s this time and not being progressed like you are.

It seems PCA isn't being done as quick as it was last year, last year for my band PCA was set at a month right after the results came out, 16 June as I remember, so far no email about it and I do know they will give you atleast a months notice so I expect PCA will be end of June/Start of July for those around my band of marks, end of July if I'm being very hopeful and August seems like a fantasy!

• Advertisement

W221 wrote: »
    Going from my experience of 1509 it’ll be a fair bit quicker than 4 months! I got the same grade this time as I did in 1509 and it was pretty much bang on 12 weeks from results day to PCA day. Bear in mind I’m in the low 400’s this time and not being progressed like you are.

I think she meant 4 months for my merit band :) 370-390

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR87A

Mid 500's here, happy enough considering I was convinced I totally messed up my assessment!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

210-230 over here . Delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

170-200 for me, so pleased! ML now being released is deffo motivation to get up and moving for PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Merit number 460-480 and I scored 59.00 at the AC so I’m very very very happy with that!!!

Just shows you how every mark at AC counts. Scored about 5-6 marks less and I'm 890-910 on ML... Gutted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

So in the email it says they have reached my band I hope this means I get the pca date soon.

SMS19 I think they will exhaust the merit list so I wouldn't worry it will just take sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mumble1

690 - 710 not sure what to think about that. Seems pretty low in comparison to many on this thread

Mumble1 You shouldn't worry they should reach down below that on the merit list as I said before it will just be a bit of a longer wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

SAPY wrote: »
    SMS19 I think they will exhaust the merit list so I wouldn't worry it will just take sometime.

Yeah I was speaking to somebody in the know a few weeks ago and they told me the same. Plus about 25% drop out or fail a stage each year.

Plenty of time to get PCA ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

SMS19 wrote: »
    Just shows you how every mark at AC counts. Scored about 5-6 marks less and I'm 890-910 on ML... Gutted

You are in the same ML range as me, I'm just happy to be on the list at all as I was sure I had failed.

[QUOTE=NornIron74;11025713
    1]You are in the same ML range as me, I'm just happy to be on the list at all as I was sure I had failed.[/QUOTE]

same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Merit pool now added to the psni website

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

SMS19 wrote: »

That is a very big gap for 5-6 marks. There must be a lot of people in our scoring range.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Army654 wrote: »
    Merit pool now added to the psni website

How often do they update the merit pool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Ponif wrote: »

Do you think you will have your fitness test two months before anyone in the 240 range? I am in that range but email also said they are processing my band for next stages. Id ideally love another few months to get ready also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yahooo194

Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could explain to me the fact people are in number ranges as I was only given one number in the email! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Yahooo194 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m just wondering if anyone could explain to me the fact people are in number ranges as I was only given one number in the email! Thanks

Its not advisable to disclose your exact number on this.... for a number of reasons. This site is viewed by many including PSNI.

(So for example if you were given the number 95... give range of 80-100)

Just make sure you dont disclose your exact number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Well what a day. A rollercoaster of emotions. Totally over the moon with my number. Just need to up my fitness now to 120%!!
    Lets get at it!! Buzzing

Do you think you will have your fitness test two months before anyone in the 240 range? I am in that range but email also said they are processing my band for next stages. Id ideally love another few months to get ready also!

I noticed a lot of people in the 300's got a similar worded email so honestly "shortly" could be giving out the date at the end of may or it could be as late as the middle of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Does anybody know if they are opening recruitment again later this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

penutzimes wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they are opening recruitment again later this year?

Not sure, sign up to the mailing list on the joinpsni.co.uk website though...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Orbital1 wrote: »
    Not sure, sign up to the mailing list on the joinpsni.co.uk website though...

No idea but last year at the AC they had a notice saying whatever the outcome they would be recruiting again in the Autumn and they didn’t have that this year ....

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    No idea but last year at the AC they had a notice saying whatever the outcome they would be recruiting again in the Autumn and they didn’t have that this year ....

Yea that's what I was thinking, makes me think it could be a year or two till the next campaign

• Advertisement

Nhs2018 wrote: »

Yea that's what I was thinking, makes me think it could be a year or two till the next campaign

Advertisement