Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

Toots123 wrote: »
    Has anybody received their vetting forms that have their PCA date!

No vetting forms for me yet :( Thought they would have been through by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

Shz93 wrote: »

Check junk as it can get put in there sometimes.

SAPY wrote: »

No go unfortunately, anyone else got theirs yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

SAPY wrote: »
    Shz93 wrote: »

So did I but nothing yet. Strange that they havent been emailed

So did I but nothing yet. Strange that they havent been emailed

We're maybe too eager lol. Absolute latest I would imagine would be by next Friday? hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

I dont think they are in any rush tbh. They have 230 remaining from 1710 and 114 fast track from 1810 with the next campaign estimated to be in Spring 2020.

I don't think they'll action vetting before medicals tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

patiently awaiting PCA date, how many weeks roughly is it from receiving the email until the test? ... on another note, is anyone else partner terrified of you becoming a police officer? And how do yous cope... Doesnt help with a viable device being found under an officers car today!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Not into football AT ALL!!!! But well done YNAW27 lol

Army654 wrote: »
    patiently awaiting PCA date, how many weeks roughly is it from receiving the email until the test? ... on another note, is anyone else partner terrified of you becoming a police officer? And how do yous cope... Doesnt help with a viable device being found under an officers car today!
    Hey roughly 4/5 weeks from email to date. My other half like myself is aware of the dangers but we both agree the good that police officers do outways any fears.
    Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

No idea why my posts keep disappearing! If it’s my dodgy phone or my kids on my iPad but I posted earlier to say received an email today with PCA date for this month. ML 200-220

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    No idea why my posts keep disappearing! If it’s my dodgy phone or my kids on my iPad but I posted earlier to say received an email today with PCA date for this month. ML 200-220

Well good luck! Did you actually receive the email today on a sunday?? :o

Might be fill re schedule requests from those that got an invite and to accommodate those on both 1710 and 1810 MLs

Must be working overtime!! Sunday emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

Anyone else get anything? ML 270-300 nothing here so far.

Army654 wrote: »
    Well good luck! Did you actually receive the email today on a sunday?? :o

Yes completely shocked. And my familiarisation is literally in a matter of days time. Zero time to prepare/arrange childcare! Going to have to beg anyone I know to do the schoolrun!

• Advertisement

Yes completely shocked. And my familiarisation is literally in a matter of days time. Zero time to prepare/arrange childcare! Going to have to beg anyone I know to do the schoolrun!
    . nightmare, so am guessing the pca’s arnt during the weekend lol, hard trying to even book the days leave in my current job #sickday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Any idea of how far along the merit list they are with this? Anyone in the 200s got a PCA date email yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Pips01 wrote: »
    Any idea of how far along the merit list they are with this? Anyone in the 200s got a PCA date email yet?

nhs2018 got a pca date and they are in the 200's

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Anybody any notions when the next batch will hear pca dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

I got a PCA email a few days ago and my ML is 200-220

• Advertisement

Thanks! Maybe another week or so for me then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

Any fast trackers had results of medical yet? If so how long did it take to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kbe173

Yea Dromore, you get results near the end of the working day when they’ve finished all the medical for that day, though they will tell you as you pass each stage!

For fast track there were 114 got the email at the one time. Not too sure if that’s going to be the trend throughout but if they’re up to 220 now it would seem so.

Kbe173 wrote: »
    For fast track there were 114 got the email at the one time. Not too sure if that’s going to be the trend throughout but if they’re up to 220 now it would seem so.

There were 2 FT tranches

Yea...both got PCA email at same time. I’m FT 1 and my best mate is FT 2

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Just thought i’d update, I got PCA date too, ML 200-220 also.

Would any of the fast trackers be willing to PM me about what the medical entails and how in depth they go into your record? Have a few sports injuries in the past / surgery and feeling nervous about it :/

Feel free to pm me if you like. I have a medical condition but I didn’t need to see the Dr so can give you info about the nurses role but that’s it I’m afraid.

Kbe173 wrote: »
    Yea Dromore, you get results near the end of the working day when they’ve finished all the medical for that day, though they will tell you as you pass each stage!
    How long between pca and medical?

That varies as medical takes time and are all individual. I was also told medicals only run 2 days a week. Mine was soon after PCA, my friends is still a good few weeks away given our PCA was a day apart. Sorry I don’t want to be too specific in case I get into trouble lol

• Advertisement

Cml29 wrote: »
    Just thought i’d update, I got PCA date too, ML 200-220 also.

Would any of the fast trackers be willing to PM me about what the medical entails and how in depth they go into your record? Have a few sports injuries in the past / surgery and feeling nervous about it :/

There's a part in the med questionnaire that your GP will say yes or no to a series of questions.

If your GP states that they have no concerns about you carrying out strenous activity i dont see there being much of an issue.

Medical is not simply pass or fail.

There are a couple of pass levels.

One being fully fit for role and full pension benefits, another being fully fit for role reduced ill health pension benefitd and another being fit for role and no ill health pension benefits

Additionally the police are not fully DDA exempt so they have to consider a reasonable adjustment that is not at detriment to the service

Thanks guys for all the replies. Pca shortly so fingers crossed all goes well and get that part over. Medical shd be dead on and vetting shd be the same. No skeletons in the closet i hope!!lol

Anyone been on antidepressants and passed medical? Does it go against you much?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Anyone been on antidepressants and passed medical? Does it go against you much?

Check out the last few posts in the ‘Stage 4 - Medical’ thread, might be some use to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 scuba lad

In regards to the pca. Do you get a quick walk through on the day of the test? I can't make the practice day.

scuba lad wrote: »
    In regards to the pca. Do you get a quick walk through on the day of the test? I can't make the practice day.
    Yea but it wouldn't really give you an appreciation of it. Basically get comfy with each obstacle quickly.

Just received vetting forms through the post.

I just received mine also via post aswel. Keep me busy over the weekend by the looks of it!

• Advertisement

Just received vetting forms through the post.
    How you getting on with the vetting forms!

They must be trying to slow 1810 down a bit to give them a chance to get all of 1710 in

Oh I’ve not started yet. I have a birthday party to organise this weekend. Last year it only took me around an hour or so and I asked for my forms back so it’s just a matter of copying them over. Guess it depends how many jobs you have had, how many times you have moved and how active you are online. But mine is straightforward enough as unfortunately I’m not that exciting lol!
    Have you started??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

Anyone got any idea of when the first intake will be for the 2018 campaign?

Oh I’ve not started yet. I have a birthday party to organise this weekend. Last year it only took me around an hour or so and I asked for my forms back so it’s just a matter of copying them over. Guess it depends how many jobs you have had, how many times you have moved and how active you are online. But mine is straightforward enough as unfortunately I’m not that exciting lol!
    Have you started??
    Just finished!! Took me 2.5hrs!!lol

Vetting forms just completed. That was a task and a half!!lol
    Done, ready for posting monday morning. Good luck to whoever has the task of dealing with mine. Between house moves & jobs!! Phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Down2Business

Done, ready for posting monday morning. Good luck to whoever has the task of dealing with mine. Between house moves & jobs!! Phew!!

Is the information around house moves and jobs required for a specific period of time or for a lifetime?

Is the information around house moves and jobs required for a specific period of time or for a lifetime?
    Up to 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

What do they ask you about social media etc? Ive got Facebook and Instagram but wouldnt be overly active on them.

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    What do they ask you about social media etc? Ive got Facebook and Instagram but wouldnt be overly active on them.

They ask you to provide the url for all your social media accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madman2019

What about past relationships in the last 3 years. None of mine were that seriously lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement