Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

madman2019 wrote: »
    What about past relationships in the last 3 years. None of mine were that seriously lol

From what I remember from last year it’s only relationships that last a year?? I can check when I get home later. Might do my vetting tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

What about past relationships in the last 3 years. None of mine were that seriously lol

National security vetting only want current partner and any partner you have lived with in 5 years.

Police vetting want each partner irrespective of living with them or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5 madman2019

YNWA27 wrote: »
    National security vetting only want current partner and any partner you have lived with in 5 years.

What's happens tho if it you previous relationship only lasted 3 months and didn't meet or know any details about their parents?

What's happens tho if it you previous relationship only lasted 3 months and didn't meet or know any details about their parents?

Just state that then, nothing you can help just the way it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Cant stop checking my emails, wish they would hurry up with my PCA date lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

Army654 wrote: »
    Cant stop checking my emails, wish they would hurry up with my PCA date lol
    Awh i know how that feels was exactly the same but it will come quick enuf

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

**Urgent**

Vetting proccessers are asking me to provide them with a criminal record check from Australia as I went on a holiday working visa last year. Does anyone at all know how to get ahold of this check?

**Urgent**

Vetting proccessers are asking me to provide them with a criminal record check from Australia as I went on a holiday working visa last year. Does anyone at all know how to get ahold of this check?

Australian consulate

+61 2 61960196

9-5 UK time they have call handlers for our time zone

+61 2 61960196

9-5 UK time they have call handlers for our time zone

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Anyone declare they use another name or username on this website in the vetting forms or do you not need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Anyone declare they use another name or username on this website in the vetting forms or do you not need to?

I did

Oh i didnt think of that!! I declared facebook, Instagram etc. Opps!!

Would this come under the false profile section? As none of us use are real names for obvious reasons

Would this come under the false profile section? As none of us use are real names for obvious reasons

Would be an alias

How did you explain it?

How did you explain it?

Just for security reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

**Urgent**

Do they ask you to provide empoyment details from working holidays? Or just dates in and out of countries?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Anyone who has completed their medical, when have your results arrived?

• Advertisement

Troaway wrote: »
    Do they ask you to provide empoyment details from working holidays? Or just dates in and out of countries?

cheers

They asked for dates of employment that were 3+ months and some details about the employment. They also asked for the each address you stayed at for over 3 months and the exact dates you stayed there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dromore_2019

Anyone had back there SMT results or vetting?

Anyone had back there SMT results or vetting?

SMT will take a wee while

Well what did everyone think of the familiarsation day!!
    All i can say is im going to struggle guys to pass that.

Toots123 wrote: »
    Well what did everyone think of the familiarsation day!!
    All i can say is im going to struggle guys to pass that.

Brutal. Enough said!

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    Brutal. Enough said!

How come, what seemed the most daunting? Do they just show you round the obstacles?

• Advertisement

How come, what seemed the most daunting? Do they just show you round the obstacles?

When your vertically challenged the wall is very daunting. It’s much tougher than expected. The drag bag is 39kg etc. Adrenaline makes everything tougher I found. My heart rate was 97 just sitting in the car park lol!

When your vertically challenged the wall is very daunting. It’s much tougher than expected. The drag bag is 39kg etc. Adrenaline makes everything tougher I found. My heart rate was 97 just sitting in the car park lol!
    I totally agree. I think to be honest the obstacles in themselves are not so bad but the pressure of the time is going to be a big factor and totally will play on the mind throughout the course. Its going to be my biggest challenge i think.

Lol I see! Just go 90 guys...id say the nerves would be hard to calm. Its only 3 mins of my life is what I’ll try to keep saying myself haha.

You can all pass it, all in your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Hope so!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Best of luck to you all for your PCA......you will all do great!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Vetting forms finally completed!

Get it posted and tick that off the list!!

Well done! Im yet to start mine :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Down2Business

For those who are in the know at this stage, can anyone give me an approximate idea between receiving a PCA date and subsequently a medical date? It’s that time of year when annual leave, holidays etc tick over so a potential minefield around hypothetical dates for certain scenarios. Throw a planner laser eye treatment into the mix too and it’s all threatening to get a little busy.

For those who are in the know at this stage, can anyone give me an approximate idea between receiving a PCA date and subsequently a medical date? It’s that time of year when annual leave, holidays etc tick over so a potential minefield around hypothetical dates for certain scenarios. Throw a planner laser eye treatment into the mix too and it’s all threatening to get a little busy.

2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheCandidate_

Posted with a first class stamp. Hope I filled it in correctly. So glad they have been sent

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Have you received a PCA date??

JJss1988 wrote: »

4 weeks exactly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

What ML number are we up to for PCAs being given?

• Advertisement

W221 wrote: »
    What ML number are we up to for PCAs being given?

Up to 220 I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Down2Business

JJss1988 wrote: »

Not as yet no. Just trying to plan ahead. Which is virtually impossible.

Not as yet no. Just trying to plan ahead. Which is virtually impossible.

Yeah same boat, july and august are very hard to work around with leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

Anyone delete any of their social networks before they had vetting?

Would that look too suspicious? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bellebelfast

Pips01 wrote: »

I deleted mine a few months back. Currently only have snap & insta.

Pips01 wrote: »

I deleted my fb and started another, basically culling my friends to people I see/speak to

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niarm887

I take it vetting forms come when PCA date is recieved? Am yet to receive any in post or email

niarm887 wrote: »
    I take it vetting forms come when PCA date is recieved? Am yet to receive any in post or email

Mine came in post a few days after pca email

niarm887 wrote: »
    Mine came a week after pca date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pips01

I deleted mine a few months back. Currently only have snap & insta.

I have a twitter account which I tried to delete 3 years ago to start a new one. Ended up digging myself into a hole regarding emails and passwords and locked myself out before it had confirmed deletion. Nothing has been posted on it since summer 2016 but If searched can still be found. I now use a new Twitter username.

Should I just declare the new Twitter on the vetting forms?

Advertisement