Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 staffielover

stevo3344 wrote: »
    Any fast track people hoping for a call within the next few weeks for October intake?

I’m FT and still waiting on my vetting coming threw. Anyone else in the same position??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Im not FT (ML 100-120) but ive passed everything so im hoping for a call for oct or it could be abit of a wait, who knows really lol

Hey Treebeard, have you passed vetting? If so are you notified by email?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been called for further review / examination after medical instead of getting a pass or fail?

Awaiting result but very nervous due to past sports injuries :(

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been called for further review / examination after medical instead of getting a pass or fail?

Awaiting result but very nervous due to past sports injuries :(

Thanks

Haven't got that far yet,hope it works out alright for you. Are they injuries that hinder your day to day life?

Haven't got that far yet,hope it works out alright for you. Are they injuries that hinder your day to day life?

Thanks mate, don’t hinder me day to day at all so hoping it’s ok, suppose that’s mostly what they’re looking for. You know what these things can be like overthinking everything etc lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Screw Loose

Hi all. Only recently found this site. I’m on the merit list too.. between 400-420. Received an email the other day inviting me to attend PCA. No mention of the medical on it though. I thought it was conducted on the same day? New to the process and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all. Only recently found this site. I’m on the merit list too.. between 400-420. Received an email the other day inviting me to attend PCA. No mention of the medical on it though. I thought it was conducted on the same day? New to the process and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there, you get invitation to medical after passing your PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Thanks mate, don’t hinder me day to day at all so hoping it’s ok, suppose that’s mostly what they’re looking for. You know what these things can be like overthinking everything etc lol

Do you have the final physio assessment and consultant's functional assessment?

YNWA27 wrote: »

If you mean associated medical docs yes, or are these additional medical appointments for the process?

If you mean associated medical docs yes, or are these additional medical appointments for the process?

When your consultant closed your file they should have carried out a final functional assessment with a PT's input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Treebeard4345

Hey Treebeard, have you passed vetting? If so are you notified by email?

Yea you get an email to say youve passed it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

My retest is pretty soon. Still stressing. Anyone got any tips? Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

My retest is pretty soon. Still stressing. Anyone got any tips? Thanks. :)

How far away from the pass were you first time ? Was there any element you had particular trouble with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

How far away from the pass were you first time ? Was there any element you had particular trouble with ?

I guess the drag. Yeah I was quite far.

I guess the drag. Yeah I was quite far.

Go to your local gym and see if they have drag bags or a sled you could use to practice

I found an app called seven minute workout that give you a basic circuit of body weight exercises. It’s a free download on apple and if you push yourself you’ll strengthen all of you. Good luck. I hope you get through.

A table update would be amazing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Has there been any news of a 2019 campaign?

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Has there been any news of a 2019 campaign?

Spring 2020 bud

Spring 2020 bud

Is there a source for that or is that just speculation?

Is there any of the original guys back from 2017 applications or 2018 applications that I applied with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Is there a source for that or is that just speculation?

b8e5e8a332719e29c88262d35c2a42e0.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Has anybody applied for the civilian custody officer job? Been looking for a thread on hear for it but couldn't find any!

penutzimes wrote: »
    Has anybody applied for the civilian custody officer job? Been looking for a thread on hear for it but couldn't find any!

A mate is a CDO and it's a good earner.

Enhance the salary listed by 20% for the shift allowance.

NICS terms and conditions so weekend premiums apply as well. 0.5x hourly rate extra per hour saturdays and double time sundays.

And civil service pension

• Registered Users Posts: 5 atd2492

Anyone who’s passed SMT know if results are emailed or sent via letter?

atd2492 wrote: »
    Anyone who’s passed SMT know if results are emailed or sent via letter?

You get an email to let you know it’s passed. Mine went into my spam folder and it was a few weeks before I realised it was there.

If you fail it will be by letter as the details of how to appeal will be issued with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

NICS terms and conditions so weekend premiums apply as well. 0.5x hourly rate extra per hour saturdays and double time sundays.

Sounds good I thought the salary wasn't that great when you took into consideration 12hr shifts. Do you know can you choose what station you are in?

penutzimes wrote: »

Sounds good I thought the salary wasn't that great when you took into consideration 12hr shifts. Do you know can you choose what station you are in?

You get to preference but you'll be sent where needed.

Pm me mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Treebeard4345

Well anyone any news been very quiet on here 👀

• Advertisement

Well anyone any news been very quiet on here 👀

Aye boy got the call!

Advertisement