Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    21w too for my friend ... must be a record

Hey hey, you copying me? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14 officerready11

Hi guys

I'm a 2020 applicant hoping to be successful. As many people on this thread are at the latter stages of the earlier recruitment campaigns and have been offered places in training, what tips do you guys offer for the recruitment process, particularly the IST and assessment centre?

Want to make sure in Jan this is my time to get in to the PSNI hopeful 22 year old here!!

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

Hi guys

I'm a 2020 applicant hoping to be successful. As many people on this thread are at the latter stages of the earlier recruitment campaigns and have been offered places in training, what tips do you guys offer for the recruitment process, particularly the IST and assessment centre?

Want to make sure in Jan this is my time to get in to the PSNI hopeful 22 year old here!!

Thanks!!

I PM’d you

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kittty

anyone any idea when the next calls are set to go out? I read last year there was no jan intake you think this year will be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Unperturbed Zero

kittty wrote: »
    anyone any idea when the next calls are set to go out? I read last year there was no jan intake you think this year will be the same?

Approx. every 5 weeks. Looking at the tail end of November for the next set of calls.

I know of someone has been confirmed for a January placement this campaign so this month seems a'go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Crossco

Approx. every 5 weeks. Looking at the tail end of November for the next set of calls.

I know of someone has been confirmed for a January placement this campaign so this month seems a'go.

I am currently awaiting ‘the call’ after vetting came back passed a week ago everything else complete. Will I likely get the call before Christmas? And if so anyone any ideas what Christmas holidays might be like?

Thanks

What ML are you roughly? will be a big factor on gauging if you may be in the next set of calls.

What ML are you roughly? will be a big factor on gauging if you may be in the next set of calls.

Thanks for reply I am less than 180

Crossco wrote: »
    Thanks for reply I am less than 180

Oh woah - how many weeks was your vetting? I am prettyconfident that you will be on the next call schedule. Keep your phone handy for inbound private number calls for the rest of this month.

There is a candidate confirmed for January as far down the ML as 370ish from what I know of. Its all about passing the stages and being drafted from that pool of candidates who have passed everything which no doubt goes in its own ML order.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Has anyone heard anything about PCA over 800 yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about PCA over 800 yet??

No but I'm hoping that we should hear something very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Just wondering guys when do you get your merit list number? Is it after the AC or PCA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

penutzimes wrote: »
    Just wondering guys when do you get your merit list number? Is it after the AC or PCA?[/quote

This is confirmed a week or so after results are realised from the ac.

Thanks again, yeah my vetting seemed to take forever I would say around 4 months. Sorry can’t remember exact date at the minute. I hope so just wanted to know if people thought it would be likely this side of Christmas? From any previous experience/ educated guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

Hi. I had my medical and SMT this week. Whats a rough time frame for hearing back with the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kittty

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    Hi. I had my medical and SMT this week. Whats a rough time frame for hearing back with the results?

1-2 days after medical and 2 weeks for smt results that was my time scale

Thanks. I’m hoping for the same. The waiting is the worst part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

Hi everyone

Looking to apply again third time Lucky, what tips can you offer or not for the recruitment process ahead, particularly the IST and assessment centre?

Congrats to everyone who has passed and are awaiting a call,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferriswheel_1

Hi guys/gals!!

I’ve done my medical this week and still have heard nothing back. Was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat as me?? Also would anyone know roughly how long it would take to find out??

Many thanks

I’m in the same boat. Done mine this week. Hopefully hear before the end of next week. Medical, SMT and vetting to go. Have to stop refreshing my email constantly 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferriswheel_1

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat. Done mine this week. Hopefully hear before the end of next week. Medical, SMT and vetting to go. Have to stop refreshing my email constantly 😀

Same I had mine on Tuesday and have been checking my emails and on here like a mad woman 😂 just need to be patient I suppose! Hate the waiting 🙈

I got vetting passed this week ml 430ish and am now appointable.
    For reference sake my medical pass was the day after the test
    My SMT was 9 days after test
    Vetting took 14 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Specysteve

Hi all, apologies in advance as I know this has probably been answered before but how long after passing the PCA do you get a date for the medical assesment/ how long is it between the PCA and medical? Thanks

Specysteve wrote: »
    Hi all, apologies in advance as I know this has probably been answered before but how long after passing the PCA do you get a date for the medical assesment/ how long is it between the PCA and medical? Thanks

You will get the date emailed inside 24/48 hrs if you pass PCA. Date will usually be 3/4 weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Specysteve

Ddedd wrote: »
    You will get the date emailed inside 24/48 hrs if you pass PCA. Date will usually be 3/4 weeks later

Thanks for the info. Passed the PCA second attenpt a few weeks ago but still havent heard anything about medical date. Not sure if failing it the first time has made a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Specysteve wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Passed the PCA second attenpt a few weeks ago but still havent heard anything about medical date. Not sure if failing it the first time has made a difference

Double check your spam folder and if not contact them on 101 ask for recruitment. Doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Anyone else waiting on PCA going to be the end of Jan.

Any calls been made for Jan??

Ddedd wrote: »
    Any calls been made for Jan??

Next set of calls expected WC 25th next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting on PCA going to be the end of Jan.

Did you receive an email? 850-870 and haven't got anything yet.

Advertisement