Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Havnt posted in a while..

Any long time lurkers got the call? Im sitting on 460-480 and appointable... no word yet.

I know of someone with 440-460 who got the call on tuesday... just trying to guage where they are with calls.

I got the call on Tuesday too , ML was 150-170 however I deferred two squads due to commitments, I’d say you won’t be waiting much longer dude

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Unperturbed Zero

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Havnt posted in a while..

Any long time lurkers got the call? Im sitting on 460-480 and appointable... no word yet.

I know of someone with 440-460 who got the call on tuesday... just trying to guage where they are with calls.

I am 430-450 Ml and got called Tuesday.

Calls go onto the second week - i'd say to offer the places have been deferred or not responded to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Got the call today 450-490

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

Congratulations to everyone who has received the call. Well done. I just passed vetting today. I’m in the late 500s of the ML. How long do you think I will have to wait to receive the call. So glad I’ve passed everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who has received the call. Well done. I just passed vetting today. I’m in the late 500s of the ML. How long do you think I will have to wait to receive the call. So glad I’ve passed everything.

Maybe 4-8weeks as a pure guess ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Troaway wrote: »
    Maybe 4-8weeks as a pure guess ðŸ‘

I would be happy enough with that. Just happy that I know I’m appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mcc212ajc

Long time lurker here ML 460-490. Everything else passed still waiting on vetting. going on 5 months now but had a delay in October. good to see updates here from fellow applicants. the wait is tough but it will all be worth it in the end.

The waiting it the worst part of the process for sure. What way will they finish this campaign. Will the exhaust the merit list like they pretty much did with the previous campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

Can anyone advise if garnerville closes over Easter . Is it just the bank holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Hello peeps.

Garnerville seems to be in absolute peeler factory mode atm and will likely only be closed for the public holidays so they don't have to pay students double time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 M_M1234

Has anyone who got a call last week received their info pack yet?

M_M1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone who got a call last week received their info pack yet?

When were you called? What day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 M_M1234

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    When were you called? What day?

I got the call on Tuesday past there

M_M1234 wrote: »
    I got the call on Tuesday past there

Probs lands tomorrow then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

Ddedd wrote: »
    Can anyone advise if garnerville closes over Easter . Is it just the bank holidays ?

I don’t think Easter is a police holiday so it will be open as usual. When it comes to bank holidays you will get Monday off but usually have to go in on the Saturday to make up the day. There is no overtime or double pay for students. You get a flat salary all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brsco

Hi guys, new to message boarding.... I was speaking to a friend who advised me to have a look on here...Im Looking a bit of info regarding phonecalls/potential start dates for my ML etc..... ML 650 - 680. I realise to the seasoned "board" pro, this may sound like "hear we go again", but any/all help greatly appreciated. Also, is a score in my region definitely expected to get a call?? maybe im too far down the list??? SMT, medical ,physical & vetting all passed no glitches....Excited to get the call and get started on my adventure. TIA

brsco wrote: »
    Hi guys, new to message boarding.... I was speaking to a friend who advised me to have a look on here...Im Looking a bit of info regarding phonecalls/potential start dates for my ML etc..... ML 650 - 680. I realise to the seasoned "board" pro, this may sound like "hear we go again", but any/all help greatly appreciated. Also, is a score in my region definitely expected to get a call?? maybe im too far down the list??? SMT, medical ,physical & vetting all passed no glitches....Excited to get the call and get started on my adventure. TIA

They are well into the 400s. You'll get a call (as long as all stages are passed) in the next few months

Quick query folks,
    When you get the induction pack sent out to your home, it states in the letter send the allocation and confirmation forms back to the address specified, says nothing about the personal descriptive form , do you send that back as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

Nb1234 wrote: »
    Quick query folks,
    When you get the induction pack sent out to your home, it states in the letter send the allocation and confirmation forms back to the address specified, says nothing about the personal descriptive form , do you send that back as well ?

You bring the personal descriptive form with you to the induction

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anon1810

Has anyone been through the Appeals Process or going through atm?

PM me plz, would like some advice!

Thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 first_timer10

Hi Guys

Due to attend my PCA familiarisation course in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm if you will get to attempt a full run of the course x3 laps or is it just an instructor taking you through each activity?

Cheers

Hi Guys

Due to attend my PCA familiarisation course in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm if you will get to attempt a full run of the course x3 laps or is it just an instructor taking you through each activity?

Cheers
    I’ll Pm You

Can any of the guys who are already at garnerville give me an idea what the fitness regime is like. How often do we train?

Ddedd wrote: »
    Can any of the guys who are already at garnerville give me an idea what the fitness regime is like. How often do we train?

Arrive fit.

It will help

100 % Agree , I'm trying to consider if I can still do my current crossfit if its gonna be a daily workout at Garnerville . Only so much I can do !!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

The familiarisation is to let you see the course and try each element. It’s not a practice run so you won’t be allowed to try that. Training is roughly three sessions a week of fitness. Sometimes more and sometimes less depending on what else your timetable gives you each week. You can use the gym any time before or after classes though so you can do more if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Hi Guys

Cheers

@first_timer10

I had my FAM there the past week.

We had about a 20 minute walkthrough of the course then about 40 minutes to try parts of the course. We were able to try each part as many times as we wanted and link one or two bits up but couldn't complete a full lap.

Glad I went as you pick up a few tip when you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 first_timer10

Cheers for the info guys. During the PCA are you allowed to wear a watch to time yourself or is a clock visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gm9962

Cheers for the info guys. During the PCA are you allowed to wear a watch to time yourself or is a clock visible?

No watches or smart watches allowed - you’ll only find out your time at end of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

No watches, phones or any devices capable of timing are allowed. You will only know your time when you are handed an envelope when the PCA is completed

Advertisement