Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Hi posting again to see if anyone has successfully appealed a medical outcome?
    I’m still waiting to hear from a December medical appeal haven’t heard anything at all from OHW, have spoke to recruitment a few times on the phone and they have emailed OHW on my behalf also but still nothing.
    Is this a reasonable time scale for an appeal? Given that the original decision is made 3/4 days after medical.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheBigFish

Hi, just got told by a friend to look on boards.ie for more info on application , was wondering what the typical wait between becoming appointable and getting a call is? Passed everything at the start of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

TheBigFish wrote: »
    Hi, just got told by a friend to look on boards.ie for more info on application , was wondering what the typical wait between becoming appointable and getting a call is? Passed everything at the start of the month.

It really depends on where you are on the ML. We think they are well into the 400s in the last set of calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheBigFish

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    It really depends on where you are on the ML. We think they are well into the 400s in the last set of calls.

Early 700's so it looks like ive still a brave bit to go.

TheBigFish wrote: »
    Early 700's so it looks like ive still a brave bit to go.

At a guess you probably have a few months to wait. Someone else might be able to shed more light on where they are at with calls. The good thing is you have passed everything and it’s only a matter of waiting on the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 IM2018

Hello,
    As the long wait continues, I find myself reading the guide for applicants (again). For those who have got the call and have progressed through to GV, can you shed light(without disclosing anything too sensitive) on how difficult the 20 hours of online learning is between the induction day and GV day 1?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

IM2018 wrote: »
    Hello,
    As the long wait continues, I find myself reading the guide for applicants (again). For those who have got the call and have progressed through to GV, can you shed light(without disclosing anything too sensitive) on how difficult the 20 hours of online learning is between the induction day and GV day 1?
    Thanks in advance.

Lol can do it in one sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m77200

Does anyone know when the next batch of calls will be taking place?

m77200 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next batch of calls will be taking place?

Possibly next Tuesday but can’t be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferriswheel_1

Just got the call!! Suppose I have to start being a grown up now 🙊🙊

• Advertisement

Just got the call!! Suppose I have to start being a grown up now 🙊🙊

Congratulations. That’s brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tubes46

Congratulations. What month will you be starting and how long between vetting clearing and the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

Also got the call, well voicemail left. Finally lol. Only taken 16 months

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brsco

Congratulations. what ML are you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

brsco wrote: »
    Congratulations. what ML are you??

500-525

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IM2018

550 - 590 - Just got the call. After years of working 'jobs', I finally have a career. I'm over the moon. This thread has been super helpful so thanks all, and good luck to the rest of you.

IM2018 wrote: »
    550 - 590 - Just got the call. After years of working 'jobs', I finally have a career. I'm over the moon. This thread has been super helpful so thanks all, and good luck to the rest of you.

CONGRATULATIONS...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Happy2020

Hi, I am new to the thread and so glad I found it. I am between 650-680, heard back from my medical and vetting, with a pass.

Does anyone have an idea when you get your call how long after is your starting date?

Just got the call. So happy 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m77200

Cheddar87 wrote: »
    Just got the call. So happy 😀

Congratulations, what ML are you?

• Advertisement

m77200 wrote: »
    Congratulations, what ML are you?

580-600on the merit list.

So it looks like we’re sitting around the 600 ML mark for calls. Congrats to everyone who got the call... has anyone beyond 600 received a call today (he says impatiently) ?? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Is the call to tell you your appointable or to give you a start date?

Plus.. Good luck too all PCA Athletes lol will smash it

Start date...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Happy2020

Did anyone get a call about your e-learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Anyone ever been asked for more additional info if so message me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Was anyone on here at the PCA yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

SMS19 wrote: »
    Was anyone on here at the PCA yesterday?

Yes I was

• Advertisement

Anyone else get there medical email?

Advertisement