Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Created an account just for following this topic. I received an email offering a place at a PCA event, does this mean that my vetting was successful? Or is it continuing to be done whilst the other necessary parts are completed? Should mention that my vetting forms were sent off in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

CuppaTay wrote: »
    Created an account just for following this topic. I received an email offering a place at a PCA event, does this mean that my vetting was successful? Or is it continuing to be done whilst the other necessary parts are completed? Should mention that my vetting forms were sent off in December.

Nope, just means that they have reached your ML number for PCA. Are you in the ML1000+ bracket?

SMS19 wrote: »
    Nope, just means that they have reached your ML number for PCA. Are you in the ML1000+ bracket?

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. And yeah I'm in the 1000+ bracket. Long awl process but we'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Do you get 2 separate emails for passing both the medical and substance misuse or is it all under the 1 email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

its two separate emails, SMT takes a bit longer than the medical result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

How long you talking before you know get word you past both.? They must need people quick, I got a call last week from recruitment asking me to finish my online learning ASAP, was due to Thursday.

A few days after medical for the medical result and then about week after that for the SMT, that was my experience anyway
    Hopefully they are starting to speed up, I’m just waiting on the call now, wouldn’t mind it ASAP been a long process haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I got my result 6 days after the medical even though my email was dated 5 days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Anyone have a rough timescale for when your Vetting forms are checked etc. Got the confirmation email for both medical and SMT so i think its just a waiting game now.

football22 wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough timescale for when your Vetting forms are checked etc. Got the confirmation email for both medical and SMT so i think its just a waiting game now.

Just got my vetting back today, took 11 weeks from when it was sent off.

Just need to get my medical over me.

• Advertisement

Wonder will the medicals go ahead next week. Fingers crossed they do.

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Wonder will the medicals go ahead next week. Fingers crossed they do.

I'd imagine they will go ahead, go to the appointment anyway unless you hear from them saying not to.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will go ahead, go to the appointment anyway unless you hear from them saying not to.

I will still be going, but am half expecting an email tomorrow.

I've my physical at the end of the month and I'm shatting it about getting sick before then. Gonna send an email tomorrow to see what the score is, and for my own peace of mind.

Edit - Physical cancelled and no date for the reschedule. I'm sure it'll be a similar story with medicals too.

I have not received anything yet about my medical being cancelled.

Hopefully, PCA was only cancelled because of the large number of people that attend at a time.

If medicals were to be cancelled they would a been today.. I would agree large numbers that's why PCA is cancelled.

What I heard is that people who haven't attended pca yet are getting theirs cancelled but support sessions and retests are going ahead

GV has been closed for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

I’m in GV, we’re currently still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notorious3

News to me, still in myself

• Advertisement

Notorious3 wrote: »
    News to me, still in myself

Well that's even better news again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Getting nervous. June start, wondering what will happen before then. Potentially delayed entry? Hopefully will be kept informed so can keep current employer somewhat notified.

What merit list position were you if you don’t mind me asking? I was hoping to hear soon for intake I wasn’t aware up until June had already been notified, looks like I’m in for longer I wait than I thought.

Hopefully no delayed starts like you say but who knows what can happen at this point. I’m sure they will want all the peelers they can to deal with the situation if it gets any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

Troaway wrote: »
    Getting nervous. June start, wondering what will happen before then. Potentially delayed entry? Hopefully will be kept informed so can keep current employer somewhat notified.

Calls haven't gone out yet for the May intake so how did you hear about June?

Has anyone's else mecidal been cancelled today??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcarp

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well despite the current **** storm. I have passed everything so far including medical and SMT. However no email regarding vetting. ML is in the 900-1000 bracket. Any guesses on how long before I get the vetting result etc?

jcarp wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well despite the current **** storm. I have passed everything so far including medical and SMT. However no email regarding vetting. ML is in the 900-1000 bracket. Any guesses on how long before I get the vetting result etc?

I'm ML 520-540 and my vetting only passed 2 weeks ago. It can take a good 14-16 weeks in some cases

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcarp

Thanks,

Did you get a phone call/induction invitation etc?

Thanks,

Did you get a phone call/induction invitation etc?

Not yet but judging by the numbers I must be very close as there are ML numbers greater than mine got a call last month. With the current situation around coronavirus it's quite possible recruitment may be put on pause for now though

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

I'm 880-900 and my vetting and smt passed on Monday, vetting took exactly 13 weeks but then it is different for everybody, hopefully yours passes soon.

Advertisement