Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

1737475767779»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Pcjobless wrote: »
    I know some was on this thread or another who was in the same boat. Took 10 months to pass. Unfortunately it’s just a guessing game as to when it will complete. Anyone who passed vetting but isn’t in lost within 6 months automatically has to redo vetting so that could slow things alone with reduced staffing

Knowing that all you can do is sit and wait is the thing that really drives you insane lol. I just didn't expect to be sat waiting 10months on it haha. My previous vetting application for another police job (sent in a couple of months before the PC vetting application) passed within a relatively short time. I was hoping the same would have happened with this. But then nobody expected covid to happen.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I guess the wait continues haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Just recently got my pass email from merit list 950-1050. Mine had been sent away in December there, hope you've news soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

How long is it from induction to actually starting does anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

The is ruffly a month between induction and starting.

CuppaTay wrote: »
    Just recently got my pass email from merit list 950-1050. Mine had been sent away in December there, hope you've news soon!

Thanks for the reply :)

Glad to hear you've passed :). I hope I'm not waiting much longer. I don't want to be waiting 13/14 months like some people have waited in previous campaigns haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Is anyone still waiting on vetting ? mine is nearly away 7 months now.

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on vetting ? mine is nearly away 7 months now.

You're not alone my friend. Mines has been away 10 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

I know its been a while since anyone has posted but i just wanted to say that i received the call today to start in the new year. The long wait is finally over. Stay safe folks hopefully anyone left gets called soon enough.

Got the call myself this morning. Such a relief lol. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Congrats to all that got a call in the last few days. Got mine as well today, good luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

Congrats everyone! I got the call as well :) (following deferral) buzzing to finally get started, it’s been a long haul to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BishBashBosh1

Following a deferral almost a year ago I got the call over a week ago too. Well done everyone !

How long can you defer for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Hi, I am hoping someone on here can help me with a question. How common is it that you are told you have to work on rest days or that you have to work a day for overtime? also wondering roughly how many days would you work ina row then followed by how many rest days? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Hi, I am hoping someone on here can help me with a question. How common is it that you are told you have to work on rest days or that you have to work a day for overtime? also wondering roughly how many days would you work ina row then followed by how many rest days? Thanks

IMO.... it all depends on what district you end up in. In some, its overtime galore... in otheres its not as frequent.

Bit of a grey answer... hope it helps 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mahoney1

Ah Good Man/woman MD4PSNI.
    Did you finally get the call. If so how you getting on and how long are you out of the Hotel?
    Last time I was here or applying it was for 2013 campaign and I remember you.
    Getting this Job would give you grey hairs.

Anyone in here going to GV in September ?

Advertisement