Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandfather keeps getting Data usage warnings at 3am and 4am

Options
  • 22-08-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir

I'm talking to you on behalf of my Grandfather. (I can give you his phone number after)
    He currently gets his TV, Home Phone, Broadband and Mobile Phone all from Eir at a cost of around €100 per month.

He is out of contract and is threatening to cancel over and issue with his Mobile Service.

He keeps getting messages from Eir stating that he has gone over his Mobile Data limit. (which is incorrect. Having checked his account online, we can see he hasn't gone anywhere near his limit)
    These messages are coming in at 3am and 4am in the morning.

He's in his mid 80's and leaves his phone On in case of an emergency. He is becoming extremely frustrated with the these messages because:
    A: They are incorrect
    B: They are coming in at 3am and 4am in the morning, and waking him up.

Can you please fix this immediately, otherwise he will cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi grahambo,

Thanks for getting in touch and sincere apologies taht this is happening. Unfortunately I would be unable to access the account on your behalf due to data protection unless you're named on the account however I can advise that disbling the mobile data over night will prevent these messages from being received. If your grandfather hasn't exceeded the allowance then regardless of whether or not mobile data is on, this shouldn't be happening. I would recommend contacting customer care on 1901 with your grandfather present and once data protection has been confirmed I have no doubt that we can investigate this and rectify it immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Hi Sarah

Is there a time period I need to call 1901 within or is it a 24 hour service?
    I'm pretty sure I was named on the account, for this type of thing a few years back.

I'm sending you I'm IM with his details.

Disabling Mobile data at night is not an acceptable solution.
    The text messages need to stop.

G.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes you would need to be named as an authorised user as well as confirming account details in order for us to access the account. If you PM the details I will check this and get back to you as I'm sure we can definitely resolve this. Our customer care team is available from 8am to 8pm.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Hi Sarah

I am added as an Authorized user on my Grandfathers account now

I'm PM'ing you details

G.

Thanks a million,

I will get back to you soon.

Sarah

• Advertisement