Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH, mince meat of my wall

Options
  • 22-08-2018 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

IMG_20180822_122424.jpg

Eir installed FTTH today, on my new build house. This is what my outside wall looks like now.

This is not acceptable workmanship. The "engineer" used a massive drill bit, and drilled from the inside out -- of course this would happen. Please advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

rat_race wrote: »
    IMG_20180822_122424.jpg

Eir installed FTTH today, on my new build house. This is what my outside wall looks like now.

This is not acceptable workmanship. The "engineer" used a massive drill bit, and drilled from the inside out -- of course this would happen. Please advise.
    Hi rat_race,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am unable to see the images however I do sincerely apologise. Our engineers would always aim to install with a minimal effect on the property. If you could like to post or send on the images in a PM along with your acocunt info we will have this looked into immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    rat_race wrote: »
    IMG_20180822_122424.jpg

Hi rat_race,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am unable to see the images however I do sincerely apologise. Our engineers would always aim to install with a minimal effect on the property. If you could like to post or send on the images in a PM along with your acocunt info we will have this looked into immediately.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah - PM sent, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Thanks a million,

I'll get back to you shortly.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Put a cable cover on it :

(€1.48 inc VAT)

http://www.satworld.ie/white-brick-buster-cable-cover.html

5As9RCz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks, I'll probably have to resort to something like that.

Eir need to ensure to:

a) advise their customers FIRST about the risk of damage, and suggest alternatives to reduce damage
    b) use smaller drill bits initially, and work more slowly to reduce risk of damage. I've drilled about 4 holes in the same wall, without one bit of unintended damage
    c) provide suitable covers, themselves
    d) provide financial compensation when none of the above occur

• Advertisement
Advertisement