Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Identity

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I read through that and i dont see the word identity anywhere. What are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

where did she say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's been done.

Also the theme of your threads are getting really, really predictable.
    "But at the end of the day we need to see past that and realise there is no 'typical Irish woman'. We're all different and we all come in all shapes and sizes and skin colours and hair and freckles/no freckles. We're such a diverse community, and we need to embrace that."

This is the statement she made. There is literally nothing wrong with this. Not one tiny thing.

I presume this is going to turn into another "i dont like dem furriners" thread.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's been done.

Also the theme of your threads are getting really, really predictable.

I wasn't in the least bit surprised when i seen who the OP was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A woman wins a pointless competition. Woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭victor8600

It would appear that there is no such thing as an Irish National Identity anymore

The Irish National Identity is now renamed as the Public Services (Identity). Here is the explanation ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It would appear that there is no such thing as an Irish National Identity anymore,
    At least not according to the winner of the Rose of Tralee
    Read the article below for further info:-

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0821/986662-rose-of-tralee-winner/

( If in the wrong forum then can Mods please re-direct?)

You think we should conform to national traditions and characteristics instead of being free individuals? Yeah....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

If she is proud of Zambian roots, fair play to her. We can all be proud of our roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭victor8600

...We're all different and we all come in all shapes and sizes and skin colours and hair and freckles/no freckles.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wasn't in the least bit surprised when i seen who the OP was.

There are around 5 different people it could have been, excluding re-regs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It would appear that there is no such thing as an Irish National Identity anymore,
    At least not according to the winner of the Rose of Tralee
    Read the article below for further info:-

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0821/986662-rose-of-tralee-winner/

( If in the wrong forum then can Mods please re-direct?)

So are you outraged or not at something you didn’t read and made up in your head? You have me confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There are around 5 different people it could have been, excluding re-regs

Interesting question or maybe ideal curiosity why do they target boards for getting their message 'out there'

They have also colonised the journal comments section along with a group which comment with bizarre creepy comments about gay people, or perhaps they are a few individuals with multiple personalities or one individual with a combined fixation on Irish identity/ conspiracy theories and anti-gay drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

mariaalice wrote: »
    Interesting question or maybe ideal curiosity why do they target boards for getting their message 'out there'

Nobody in real life listens to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

They have also colonised the journal comments section along with a group with bizarre creepy comments about gay people, or perhaps they are a few individuals with multiple personalities or one individual with a combined fixation on Irish identity/ conspiracy theories and anti-gay drivel.

I believe it's their idea of taking on the "liberal controlled media". Y'know, ignoring the fact they open the most threads on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I believe it's their idea of taking on the "liberal controlled media". Y'know, ignoring the fact they open the most threads on AH.

Yup, the lefties are running this site with their liberal agenda.

Despite the fact every second or third thread in AH is started by a "righty"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

They have also colonised the journal comments section along with a group with bizarre creepy comments about gay people, or perhaps they are a few individuals with multiple personalities or one individual with a combined fixation on Irish identity/ conspiracy theories and anti-gay drivel.
    On Reddit it gets downvoted and they tag agenda spammrs, which doesn't work here so it's much easier to keep your topics on the front pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I didn’t watch the show. Can anybody confirm the rumour that the Waterford Rose does indeed possess a lovely bottom?

endacl wrote: »
    I didn’t watch the show. Can anybody confirm the rumour that the Waterford Rose does indeed possess a lovely bottom?

They all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

jimgoose wrote: »

That is brilliant given me such a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

endacl wrote: »

Wonder do they compliment each other's bottoms in the changing room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

A very worthy winner. Stunning and so sweet. And probably the most gracious one too given she seemed so overwhelmed. On a separate note does anyone know why she was representing Waterford when she's from Kilkenny? Does she maybe live in a town bordering Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    A very worthy winner. Stunning and so sweet. And probably the most gracious one too given she seemed so overwhelmed. On a separate note does anyone know why she was representing Waterford when she's from Kilkenny? Does she maybe live in a town bordering Waterford?

Maybe its the only way Waterford will win a national competition? Even international ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I was actually just wondering that myself. Her mother is a Waterford woman and she lives there too. Presumably that's enough to meet the eligibility requirements.

Apparently, four of the Roses this year were from Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah Jaysus will you leave them alone. They don't win much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

kneemos wrote: »
    Wonder do they compliment each other's bottoms in the changing room?

2gcouj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

She is from the village of Mullinavat co Kilkenny.
    About 5-6km from the border of Kilkenny/Waterford.

She works in a clothes shop in Tramore Co. Waterford.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

On a separate note does anyone know why she was representing Waterford when she's from Kilkenny? Does she maybe live in a town bordering Waterford?
    Maybe its the only way Waterford will win a national competition? Even international ;)
    Collie D wrote: »
    I was actually just wondering that myself. Her mother is a Waterford woman and she lives there too. Presumably that's enough to meet the eligibility requirements.

Apparently, four of the Roses this year were from Donegal.
    greenspurs wrote: »

No Irish identity eh? She might be half Nigerian but that means feck all, the real question is she a true Waterford lass, or a bleedin blow in from Kilkenny? :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    No Irish identity eh? She might be half Nigerian but that means feck all, the real question is she a true Waterford lass, or a bleedin blow in from Kilkenny? :D

Zambian ....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Zambian ....... :D

ah shure, they're all the same them forners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's times like this when I wonder will Shawn Michaels ever come back from retirement.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

I wonder if I'll live to see the day someone doesn't put a Father Ted quote into threads like this thinking they're absolutely hilarious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

So an Irish woman wins rose of tralee, why is this a topic?
    As long as she identifies as being Irish I can not see how any one would have an issues. Lots of people obsessed with race is so played out these days.

Sardine wrote: »
    I wonder if I'll live to see the day someone doesn't put a Father Ted quote into threads like this thinking they're absolutely hilarious...

That would be an ecumenical matter

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

That would be an ecumenical matter

Well it wouldn't be. Real witty though. I suppose someone's going to put my head through a wall now or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

God this thread is sh*te

?
    As long as she identifies as being Irish

Oh no....there you've gone and said it. the I word :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Wibbs wrote: »

She did say she supported Kilkenny whenever the two teams are playing - Which had me confused as I was wondering why a Waterford person would cheer against their own team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

Can you consider yourself irish but not identify with any county? My point is, are counties social constructs?

• Advertisement

That's mad ted.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I wonder if I’ll live to see the day someone doesn’t open a racist thread on boardz thinking that they are cleverer than everyone else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

She sounds Irish enough to me. No idea what county but the thing is once you’re a citizen you’ve Irish identity and that’s that; no point alienating people based on their genealogy and creating tensions.

Unless they choose to themselves of course anyway the real problem lies those ushering in people for economic reasons / population replacement. Which wouldn’t take long here at all in an ideal world it’d be for love; not money and she says we’re all mixed so that dispels the inbred theory some people go on about.... caucasians are generally a mixed enough looking bunch anyway so I never believed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

Just clicked the "Find All Threads Started By..." link.

OP, if you want to check your national identity, may I suggest you find a mirror and take a good, hard look at yourself.

Just clicked the "Find All Threads Started By..." link.

OP, if you want to check your national identity, may I suggest you find a mirror and take a good, hard look at yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Stalker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

So an Irish woman wins rose of tralee, why is this a topic?
    As long as she identifies as being Irish I can not see how any one would have an issues. Lots of people obsessed with race is so played out these days.
    Right on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ireland is Basque.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Blaas.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Stalker.

Someone asked , so I informed. :confused:

I'm local to her , so I know her.

*Spanner