Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA Exemptions - CAP2's complete

• 22-08-2018 3:25pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this question has been asked 569 times, but if somebody has a BA Hons Degree in Accounting from DCU (thus CAP1 exempt) and completed all of CAP2 modules with the CAI and you move across to ACCA does that mean you are exempt from sitting all F exams and you can move straight into the P exams?

Currently having back and forth with ACCA over the Taxation module where the person that we are dealing with in the ACCA is saying that CAP1 and CAP2's are insufficient for exemption from the ACCA Taxation exams. Surely that cannot be correct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cournioni wrote: »
    I'm sure this question has been asked 569 times, but if somebody has a BA Hons Degree in Accounting from DCU (thus CAP1 exempt) and completed all of CAP2 modules with the CAI and you move across to ACCA does that mean you are exempt from sitting all F exams and you can move straight into the P exams?

Currently having back and forth with ACCA over the Taxation module where the person that we are dealing with in the ACCA is saying that CAP1 and CAP2's are insufficient for exemption from the ACCA Taxation exams. Surely that cannot be correct?

I swapped over during CAP2s. I hadn't passed FR or Tax and needed to do F6 and F7.

Doing P6 now and there's a few extra bits that I haven't done in CAP2.

In the F6 module we covered CGT, VAT, CT and IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

The ACCA exemption calculator shows Tax I & Tax II (CAP 1 & 2) needed to get the exemption from the F taxation paper. Since you've completed Tax at CAP 2 level I'd be asking why they're telling you something different to their own website.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

ACADasltiv wrote: »
    The ACCA exemption calculator shows Tax I & Tax II (CAP 1 & 2) needed to get the exemption from the F taxation paper. Since you've completed Tax at CAP 2 level I'd be asking why they're telling you something different to their own website.
    Interestingly, got back to ACCA and they say that CAP2 is insufficient as it is Taxation II (ROI) and not NI. Why that matters I don’t know, certainly doesn’t sound right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cournioni wrote: »
    Interestingly, got back to ACCA and they say that CAP2 is insufficient as it is Taxation II (ROI) and not NI. Why that matters I don’t know, certainly doesn’t sound right to me.

Tell them your planning on sitting the Irish Variant of F6. Maybe they've their wires crossed and think you'll be doing the UK tax exam with them?

Advertisement