Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with oil boiler please

• 22-08-2018 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11

Hi can anyone help went to turn on heating and it wouldn't start just kept cutting out I took burner out and can see that it is getting fuel. i pointed it away (its an outside boiler) and reset it again and it spins up the pump and injects the mist of oil but there is no spark any ideas what to do as it's driving me mad having no heat thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It could be damaged electrodes or supply to them. Could be photo cell. Could be control box. Could be lots of things that don't come to mind right now. You really would be better off getting a service guy with proper knowledge and equipment out to fix it and service it. It will save you money in the long run.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 castlereapc

Wearb wrote: »
    It could be damaged electrodes or supply to them. Could be photo cell. Could be control box. Could be lots of things that don't come to mind right now. You really would be better off getting a service guy with proper knowledge and equipment out to fix it and service it. It will save you money in the long run.
    how much can I expect to pay for someone to come out I'm in castlerea co Roscommon

Roughly 70 to 90 euro + parts. Make sure service guy has a Flue Gas Analyser and can give you a printout (not written) of the combustion results. Ask those questions before booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Hi can anyone help went to turn on heating and it wouldn't start just kept cutting out I took burner out and can see that it is getting fuel. i pointed it away (its an outside boiler) and reset it again and it spins up the pump and injects the mist of oil but there is no spark any ideas what to do as it's driving me mad having no heat thanks
    You should "not" fire the burner outside the boiler.The fault is either electrode set up,cracked electrodes or control box.Best value would be to get the repair and boiler service at the same time

agusta wrote: »
    You should "not" fire the burner outside the boiler.The fault is either electrode set up,cracked electrodes or control box.Best value would be to get the repair and boiler service at the same time

Ok so i got it to spark it was the photocell that was not working but now it sparks but doesn't ignite any ideas can't really afford to get someone out to look at it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

How did you know it was the photocell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

apart from not firing the burner outside the boiler

the burner will not act the same anyway so it is not very informative either way

as the pcell can pick up false light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Who services for €70 while providing quality servicing ? :confused:
    It's not sustainable at that price.
    And is misleading to posters here :)

Just an update for you all boiler giving to many headaches IV decided to bite the bullet rang a guy today he is going to put in a reconditioned burner and do a full service for 250 he will give me 2 year guarantee on the boiler to

Just an update for you all boiler giving to many headaches IV decided to bite the bullet rang a guy today he is going to put in a reconditioned burner and do a full service for 250 he will give me 2 year guarantee on the boiler to

That doesn't sound good to me, unless there is something that hasn't been revealed. e.g. Why is a different burner needed? Perhaps it is, but that is the sort of thing that rings alarm bells for me. Unless as above.

• Advertisement

Tom44 wrote: »
    Who services for €70 while providing quality servicing ? :confused:
    It's not sustainable at that price.
    And is misleading to posters here :)

we aint all operating out of city areas tom ;)

125 eu might be the going rate but not in the sticks :P

90 going rate in the backwoods

That doesn't sound good to me, unless there is something that hasn't been revealed. e.g. Why is a different burner needed? Perhaps it is, but that is the sort of thing that rings alarm bells for me. Unless as above.

possibly cant figure out fault in existing burner :eek:

jimf wrote: »
    Seems to me that he may not even have seen it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Seems to me that he may not even have seen it yet.

He’ll stick on a different burner cause this one was definatley working when he took it out from another job. He’ll put in a new nozzle...only a .60/60s will do btw. Wipe the photocell and call it reconditioned. Hover out the boiler and away ya go.

Yes he came out was 45 minutes and told me it was dangerous something to do with co2 levels

sorry but unless he got the burner running there is no way to check the emission levels on your boiler

most likely it was co levels he was referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

we aint all operating out of city areas tom ;)

125 eu might be the going rate but not in the sticks :P

90 going rate in the backwoods

Bollox you teevin “chap” :pac:
    I charge €88-11 + Vat
    Therefore your illegally more expensive than me!

Anybody with a turnover over 37k (not profit) has to be Vat registered.
    If you (officially) operation less vat then your income is probably 1/3 profit on your turnover.
    Earning €12500-00 per annum
    Or €240 per week before tax. :eek:

I've been in Jims BMW
    He never noticed as it's so big :)

Tom44 wrote: »
    Bollox you teevin count :pac:
    I charge €88-11 + Vat
    Therefore your illegally more expensive than me!

Anybody with a turnover over 37k (not profit) has to be Vat registered.
    If you (officially) operation less vat then your income is probably 1/3 profit on your turnover.
    Earning €12500-00 per annum
    Or €240 per week before tax. :eek:

I've been in Jims BMW
    He never noticed as it's so big :)

if I was earning anything like 12500.00 pa id be in paradise ;)

im surprised with your language how u used to love us here one time :p:p

Advertisement