Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Childcare Subsidy

Options
  • 22-08-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this subsidy.
    To get the €20 off every week is it that a total of over 25 hours in childcare a week? Or is it over 5 hours a day?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

It’s over 5 hours a day. My son is in 3 full days a week so we get 3/5s of the subsidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    It’s over 5 hours a day. My son is in 3 full days a week so we get 3/5s of the subsidy.
    Oh ok! So say if you are 3 hours, 6 hours, 6 hours, 5 hours, 6 hours.....then you get 4/5?
    even though it’s over 25 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

If I remember correctly from when I filled out the form, there were some lower rates for under the 5 hours so you may get more than 4/5ths but not the full amount if they apply a different rate to the 3 hour day. I’m not 100% sure though as I didn’t look into that in detail as it didn’t apply to me.

Advertisement