Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming Monitor

• 22-08-2018 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Hi all,
    Looking to buy a 4k 144hz/120hz monitor but I don't have a very big budget so I'm looking for the best deal possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Comments

Forget about a 144hz model if you don't have a large budget. Plenty of affordable 60hz panels on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I was hoping to go for 144hz to try and future proof myself a bit but I can work fine with 60hz. Do you have any idea about how much GPU power it will take to run CSGO at 4k as that's my main game?

You'd probably get by with a 1060 6gb card but personally i'd opt for a 1070 or 1080 if you can afford it. I doubt games like CSGO would look too much better at 4K. Maybe go with a 1440p monitor.

Cheers I'll bear that in mind when I upgrade from my R9 380. I'd prefer to get a 4k monitor and keep it for a fair while rather than get a 1440p monitor and then have to upgrade to 4k a while after

Bear in mind that if you're looking to get high frame rates in 4K you are going to have to make compromises in graphical settings. Games like CSGO won't be too bad but newer AAA titles even struggle to get 60fps in 4K with a 1080Ti.

• Advertisement

Ya I'll be fine with that. I can always use the monitor to play in 1440p for some games if I have to.

Also, do you reckon there will be an RTX 1050/1060? If there was I'd find one of those upgrades more justifiable.

No idea when they'll be out but maybe hold off on a purchase until they release some benchmarks and reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

I went for a 4k monitor.. its grand an all but sorry i didnt go for a lower res 1440/1080 and 144hz. I have a 1070ti and it plays everything really well on 4k but its just not the same as the higher 144hz monitors. I think we are a long time away from getting cheap 144hz 4k monitors.

I went for a 4k monitor.. its grand an all but sorry i didnt go for a lower res 1440/1080 and 144hz. I have a 1070ti and it plays everything really well on 4k but its just not the same as the higher 144hz monitors. I think we are a long time away from getting cheap 144hz 4k monitors.

This time next year i reckon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement