Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you feel about Dublin having a native minority population?

• 22-08-2018 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Seen a similar thread on reddit and would like to get some views from Boardsies.

Im sure a lot of us will be pushing up daisies by the time this happens, but how would you feel about it?

Personally its not something i would welcome a native irish minority.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think this thread will be a hotbed of reasoned debate ending well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Have you done an ancestry DNA test yourself to see if you are what you’d consider a non-native?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nah fúck this, let's talk about something else for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The True Dub population is tiny - practically everyone is no more than 100 years from the bog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Are you referring to people being priced out of their city or the isiak cliched racist bollox op

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Are you referring to people being priced out of their city or the isiak cliched racist bollox op

I doubt you really needed to ask that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

All Dubs are mixed race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There is nothing you can do

the people who decided this will never have to live with the consequences

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Wow, a whole 9 minutes before the word racist was mentioned.

P_1 wrote: »

Is it racist to not want to become a minority in your home town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

This seems appropriate:

9c8dc97f734d00d36d33dfa5f5d54df8.jpg

thebull85 wrote: »
    Wow, a whole 9 minutes before the word racist was mentioned.

What were the results of your ancestry dna?

Mine even had some Native American Indian in it even though I could trace my ancestors back hundreds of years solely from ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Place has been full of culchies for decades. We're well used to it.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When ye say “minority”, that’s the AH code for travellers right ??

My dad always said the dubs were knackers, is this it official now ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mine even had some Native American Indian in it even though I could trace my ancestors back hundreds of years in ireland only.

Put the Dubs on reservations. Separate ones for the Northside and Southside tribes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The True Dub population is tiny - practically everyone is no more than 100 years from the bog.

The world wars decimated us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Seen a similar thread on reddit and would like to get some views from Boardsies.

Im sure a lot of us will be pushing up daisies by the time this happens, but how would you feel about it?

Personally its not something i would welcome.

Thoughts?

It's such a stupid question. The chances of Dubliners being outnumbered by non Irish will never happen. It seems like it's just asked to stoke feelings and get racist responses.

Put the Dubs on reservations. Separate ones for the Northside and Southside tribes.

What about the Westies?

It's such a stupid question. The chances of Dubliners being outnumbered by non Irish will never happen. It seems like it's just asked to stoke feelings and get racist responses.

Or to get non-racist responses in order to be outraged. This is quite like the deleted thread about the rose of Tralee winner. The OP was involved in that too. Same MO, refuse to answer questions and make absurd statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Be better if it had 0 population

• Advertisement

Or to get non-racist responses in order to be outraged. This is quite like the deleted thread about the rose of Tralee winner. The OP was involved in that too. Same MO, refuse to answer questions and make absurd statements.

Boards really should have a minimum post limot to start threads. The amount of sh*te started in the last 6 months beggars belief.

Mine even had some Native American Indian in it even though I could trace my ancestors back hundreds of years solely from ireland.

And thats exactly why i havent wasted my money on doing it. The accuracy of them is questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

No problem whatsoever. The less Dubs the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

See this is what always happens. The more we’re at odds with each other the more we’re prone for the taking I love thy culchie neighbour and together we will stand our ground against the fat cats and the beuracracy

Takes two to tango though so perk up and look lively....

Extremely naive post. I dont know if there are the statistics out there, but Dublin (city) already looks like there are more non irish than natives.

No idea why anyone is talking about culchies ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Dubliners are the blacks of ireland etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jaxxx wrote: »
    This seems appropriate:

9c8dc97f734d00d36d33dfa5f5d54df8.jpg

The Turk did what?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

And thats exactly why i havent wasted my money on doing it. The accuracy of them is questionable.

You mean that you may be disappointed in the result?

If older records were available I’m sure I’d be able to prove where that link came from. However, people weren’t very good at the ad reading or writing and records didn’t last for hundreds of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

London still seems to function.

You mean that you may be disappointed in the result?

If older records were available I’m sure I’d be able to prove where that link came from. However, people weren’t very good at the ad reading or writing and records didn’t last for hundreds of years.

Nah, im just going off reviews ive read about the Ancestry DNA, i know there other companies that do it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Feel like a foreigner any time I pop into a lidl or aldi

sonofenoch wrote: »

I feel like it every time i pop into Dublin 1.

sonofenoch wrote: »

You should try Dunnes or SuperValu then. Only the elite Irish shop there.Too expensive for non-natives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If we aren't causing problems for each other... what's the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

London still seems to function.

Not entirely sure I'd agree with that, but that's nothing to do with the demographic.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Extremely naive post. I dont know if there are the statistics out there, but Dublin (city) already looks like there are more non irish than natives.

The last census disagrees...

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The last census disagrees...

And thats fair enough, any chance of linking it here?

Calls my post naive then states opinion as fact despite evidence proving the contrary.
    Jesus wept.

Calls my post naive then states opinion as fact despite evidence proving the contrary.
    Jesus wept.

Where did i state opinion as fact?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I worked in an office in Dublin that was primarily non Irish. The reason being was nobody Irish could do the jobs to the same standard. It was a great environment and methinks you need to get a little bit out of your comfort zone. How many threads do you plan to make about skin colour and non Irish people? It's almost as if you have an unhealthy obsession with...

And thats fair enough, any chance of linking it here?

Jesus Christ, Let Me Google That For You.

Eh, no, do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It would be pretty difficult for it to ever happen, seeing as how anyone born in Ireland is an Irish native. Yes OP, that includes the black and brown ones too.

Where did i state opinion as fact?

Read your post again. All rabble rabble rabble.

batgoat wrote: »
    I worked in an office in Dublin that was primarily non Irish. The reason being was nobody Irish could do the jobs to the same standard. It was a great environment and methinks you need to get a little bit out of your comfort zone. How many threads do you plan to make about skin colour and non Irish people? It's almost as if you have an unhealthy obsession with...

Ive made 2 so far, i may make many more if i feel like it. You're busy talking about the pope and donald trump, this thread is about the demographics of Dublin. Yknow something that people might actually give a **** about.

Read your post again. All rabble rabble rabble.

Read my post again, where did i state opinion as fact. I think you're another one that cant back up what you claim.

Jesus Christ, Let Me Google That For You.

Eh, no, do it yourself.

Usually the person that makes the claim has to back it up thats generally how things work around here.

Usually the person that makes the claim has to back it up thats generally how things work around here.

Well, you made the claim that Dublin seems to have fewer natives than non-natives, so it's your move...

Well, you made the claim that Dublin seems to have fewer natives than non-natives, so it's your move...

That was my opinion from what i see working in town on daily basis. I never said it was fact and as always im happy to be corrected, with evidence.

That was my opinion from what i see working in town on daily basis. I never said it was fact and as always im happy to be corrected, with evidence.
    So you think it's ok to spout whatever bullsh&t comes to mind and it's up to everyone else to prove you wrong.

You should have become a priest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement