Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you feel about Dublin having a native minority population?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Bootlegger wrote:
    You really would have no problem with whites a becoming minority in Ireland?

So someone born and raised here doesn't count as native if they've got brown skin? What if both their parents were born here?
    How many generations of your family have to be Dubs for one to be considered a native Dub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

thebull85 wrote: »
    That was my opinion from what i see working in town on daily basis. I never said it was fact and as always im happy to be corrected, with evidence.

How do you define a native bull?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

So you think it's ok to spout whatever bullsh&t comes to mind and it's up to everyone else to prove you wrong.

You should have become a priest.

Never asked anyone to correct me, i said id be happy to be corrected if im wrong, with evidence.

Any luck finding the post where i stated opinion as fact?

I tell you one thing you lefties could really do with having Odhinn or Captain Obvious here tonight, i butt heads with the lads but at least they back their claims up.

Its a nightmare for you guys tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Never asked anyone to correct me, i said id be happy to be corrected if im wrong, with evidence.

Any luck finding the post where i stated opinion as fact?
    Alright then, it's my opinion that your opinion is bullsh#t.
    Since it's my opinion, I don't need evidence.

Michael D is also the second coming of Jesus. I want proof hes not if you don't believe me :rolleyes:
    I tell you one thing you lefties could really do with having Odhinn or Captain Obvious here tonight, i butt heads with the lads but at least they back their claims up.

Its a nightmare for you guys tonight.

Don't flatter yourself. Also Lol at being called a Leftie cause I don't agree with your idiot statement.

Ah Jaysus, Anto! I remember all we wanted as chisslers was a bowl of oul' Mrs Cullen's coddle, then get a follow off Bang Bang up the Liberties, and a pint of plain under the pillar with Sean Dempsey. Ah Jaysus! :rolleyes:

If there was ever a capital city in bad need of expanding its gene pool, it's that one!

Michael D is also the second coming of Jesus. I want proof hes not if you don't believe me :rolleyes:

In future dont make claims you cant back up, be a man. Stand by what you say and back it up.

Good night to you.

Don't flatter yourself. Also Lol at being called a Leftie cause I don't agree with your idiot statement.

Youve made a show of yourself here tonight. Get some sleep champ.

In future dont make claims you cant back up, be a man. Stand by what you say and back it up.

Good night to you.
    Extremely naive post. I dont know if there are the statistics out there, but Dublin (city) already looks like there are more non irish than natives.

Wise words to live by. You should take heed of them.

• Advertisement

How do you define a native bull?

No answer?

Wise words to live by. You should take heed of them.

I do thats why i dont make claims without evidence like yourself. Just give it a rest now.

I do thats why i dont make claims without evidence like yourself. Just give it a rest now.

Hmm the phrase "massive hypocrite" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

Still waiting on evidence on your initial claim. You know, the evidence that can be backed up by looking at the census, that you're too lazy to Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is it racist to not want to become a minority in your home town?

What do you mean by minority? White? Cos if brown people are born and bred in Dublin are they not native?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I see where the OP is coming from with the title, Like how London has become majority non-native.

At the moment I think the population born outside of Ireland now living in Dublin is something like 18% which is actually very high all things considered, In fact even if we stopped immigration tomorrow we would already have a very healthy amount of foreigners living here. In other countries similar to Ireland with an established native population...somewhere like Japan, In Japan foreign residents make up just around 2%, would it not be a sad thing if in 50 years Japan just looked like anywhere else in the world (a mix of people from everywhere diluting the native culture), Humans will never have a global nation(which seems to be the end goal of those in power) as we all have different outlooks on life.

What do you mean by minority? White? Cos if brown people are born and bred in Dublin are they not native?

Seems to be an awkward question for the op.

• Advertisement

Hmm the phrase "massive hypocrite" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

Still waiting on evidence on your initial claim. You know, the evidence that can be backed up by looking at the census, that you're too lazy to Google.

Your asking me for evidence when you provided none yourself. Massive hypocrite certainly comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I am in "town" now and again, and I see lots of people who could be Chinese, Indian or African. But the Census tells me that these are a minority of the people from overseas living In Dublin.

The big contingents are Poles, Lithuanians and UK. I expect a vast majority of those to be Caucasians. I don't possess an inbuilt radar to detect that they are non Irish.

I see where the OP is coming from with the title, Like how London has become majority non-native.

The OP said that he feels like Dubliners are a minority in Dublin, based on his wandering in Dublin city centre.

The same Dublin city centre that every tourist passes through coming from the airport. The same Dublin city centre that's full of tour busses, shopping, guided tours and 8 of the top 10 TripAdvisor activities in Dublin.

It's like going to the Eiffel Tower and complaining there's not enough French people around.

Your asking me for evidence when you provided none yourself. Massive hypocrite certainly comes to mind.

Ya because you made the claim. Youre using the old Catholic church argument "Why should I prove God exists, you prove God DOESNT exist" Another poster told you the census proved you wrong. You're too lazy to go look.

No answer?

Not ignoring you mate i was busy schooling that other sham.

In my opinion a native is an Irish person born and bred with Irish parents. Not someone that just happened to be born here. Walk up moore street about 5pm at least 100 roma gypsys sitting on the ground the men drinking cans tbe women swapping the stuff they robbed that they with each other.

Are you really gonna call the children of these people natives?

• Advertisement

Ya because you made the claim. Youre using the old Catholic church argument "Why should I prove God exists, you prove God DOESNT exist" Another poster told you the census proved you wrong. You're too lazy to go look.

There are no census figures that i can find online for Dublin 1.

Are you ready to back up your claims yet?

There are no census figures that i can find online for Dublin 1.

Are you ready to back up your claims yet?

Why are you looking for Dublin 1 specifically? Your thread title just says Dublin.

If it magically turned out that Dublin 1 had 51% non Irish while the rest of Dublin had 10% you'd still be wrong.

And this literally took 10 seconds

Where do non-Irish nationals reside?
    Dublin City (91,876), Fingal (46,909) and Cork County (42,002) had the largest numbers of non-Irish national residents while Leitrim (3,526) and Sligo (5,892) had the lowest. Among the cities, Galway was the most multicultural, with 18.6% of its resident population recorded as non-Irish. Just over 17% of Dublin City residents and one in six of Fingal residents were non-Irish nationals.

In my opinion a native is an Irish person born and bred with Irish parents. Not someone that just happened to be born here. Walk up moore street about 5pm at least 100 roma gypsys sitting on the ground the men drinking cans tbe women swapping the stuff they robbed that they with each other.

So the 2nd generation of brown people will be natives by your definition. Glad that's cleared up and there won't be an issue.

By the way last time I was in Dublin there was plenty of charming natives if they're not asking you for a euro or a light they're off their heads on smack. Once I saw a native lady pull her pants down and piss in the street. Last timeI was there a native who looked like he hadn't had a shower in a while was passed out in a bit of parkland with a bag of cans next to him.

You know, quality natives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

thebull85 wrote:

thebull85 wrote:

So it takes 2 generations to be considered native Dubs then? As long as you and your parents were born here you're a native Dub?

So the 2nd generation of brown people will be natives by your definition. Glad that's cleared up and there won't be an issue.

By the way last time I was in Dublin there was plenty of charming natives if they're not asking you for a euro or a light they're off their heads on smack. Once I saw a native lady pull her pants down and piss in the street. Last timeI was there a native who looked like he hadn't had a shower in a while was passed out in a bit of parkland with a bag of cans next to him.

You know, quality natives.

You never answerd my question.

Why are you looking for Dublin 1 specifically? Your thread title just says Dublin.

If it magically turned out that Dublin 1 had 51% non Irish while the rest of Dublin had 10% you'd still be wrong.

And this literally took 10 seconds

Where do non-Irish nationals reside?
    Dublin City (91,876), Fingal (46,909) and Cork County (42,002) had the largest numbers of non-Irish national residents while Leitrim (3,526) and Sligo (5,892) had the lowest. Among the cities, Galway was the most multicultural, with 18.6% of its resident population recorded as non-Irish. Just over 17% of Dublin City residents and one in six of Fingal residents were non-Irish nationals.

The postet quoted my post about Dublin 1 though thats how this started, he said he the census backed it up. Refused to link to the census because he was wrong.

Sooooo about those racist comments you claim i made, any evidence yet?

You never answerd my question.

Sorry, children born to foreigners and raised, schooled etc in Ireland are Irish natives as will there children be etc etc. I don't get awfully hung up on whether they're white or brown or muslim.

The postet quoted my post about Dublin 1 though thats how this started, he said he the census backed it up. Refused to link to the census because he was wrong.

Sooooo about those racist comments you claim i made, any evidence yet?

The census comment was in reply to this:
    Extremely naive post. I dont know if there are the statistics out there, but Dublin (city) already looks like there are more non irish than natives.

So you're wrong. Dub 1 was mentioned well after that.

Also I never mentioned racism. Definitely thought it though, and based your posting history I'm definitely right. Though that's just an opinion, so I don't have to prove it, as per your rules ;)

Sorry, children born to foreigners and raised, schooled etc in Ireland are Irish natives as will there children be etc etc. I don't get awfully hung up on whether they're white or brown or muslim.

Good because this thread hasnt got a thing to do with race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bootlegger wrote: »
    You really would have no problem with whites a becoming minority in Ireland?
    No, why would I? Are the likes of Simon Zebo or Darren Randolph a somehow 'lesser' Irish people because of their skin colour in your eyes?

• Advertisement

Good because this thread hasnt got a thing to do with race.

*snort*. Suuuuuuuuuuuure

*snort*. Suuuuuuuuuuuure

Dammit, beat me to it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/native

native
    ˈneɪtɪv/Submit
    noun

a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.
    "a native of Montreal"

Right, that's it settled unless anyone would like to actually come forward and tell us what they really mean by 'native minority'.

I'm sure thebull85 will be here shortly to school you sham :D

I'm sure thebull85 will be here shortly to school you sham :D

The bulls off the bed, work in the morning y'know. See you back here tomorrow gents.

Well yes because they would be.
    native
    NOUN
    1A person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.

Unless you can show that someone who is born here is not a native. Your a good man for asking other people to back up their opinions, so anything to back up
    "in my opinion a native is an Irish person born and bred with Irish parents."
    Or did you just make that definition to suit your adjenda?

Well yes because they would be.

Unless you can show that someone who is born here is not a native. Your a good man for asking other people to back up their opinions, so anything to back up Or did you just make that definition to suit your adjenda?

i wasnt asked for the oxford english dictionary defintion of native. i was asked for my definition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Alright here I go. I fcuking hate racists. Despise them. They're either utter scum, ignorant or a mix of both. However, having said that I can see how someone might want to feel like they're in their own country hearing languages they understand and seeing customs that are familiar to them. That to me doesn't make someone a bad person. Might make them somewhat insular or a homebird but not necessarily a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Wow, a whole 9 minutes before the word racist was mentioned.

Aren't you the clown who started the 'white pride' thread last week?

Oh, definitely not a racist.

• Advertisement

i wasnt asked for the oxford english dictionary defintion of native. i was asked for my definition.

Your definition is wrong.

No i was the one that started the is it ok to be proud to be white thread. Bit of a difference there.

Ill start many more threads that are relevant to this too. so get used to it or unfollow after hours. good chap.

No i was the one that started the is it ok to be proud to be white thread. Bit of a difference there. wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Antifa. Funny people

https://youtu.be/i-HO_JZcm6c

Twist and turn, post the real thread and not an agenda attack. Much like the op....

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭yoke

Vikings were referred to as foreigners 1000 years ago too according to inscriptions near the Kilkenny caves, but they're a part of Ireland now - blonde hair doesn't mean you're "foreign looking" anymore, although it was a foreign trait 1000 years ago.
    That's the normal way these things go, and it has been happening for millennia.

• Advertisement

No i was the one that started the is it ok to be proud to be white thread. Bit of a difference there.

Ill start many more threads that are relevant to this too. so get used to it or unfollow after hours. good chap.

It's mucch more fun to spend time getting a rise out of you :D:D

jaxxx wrote: »
    This seems appropriate:

9c8dc97f734d00d36d33dfa5f5d54df8.jpg

Jaysus, cash didn't take long to post here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What were the results of your ancestry dna?

Mine even had some Native American Indian in it even though I could trace my ancestors back hundreds of years solely from ireland.

The ones that were registered anyway... :rolleyes::pac:

yoke wrote: »
    Vikings were referred to as foreigners 1000 years ago

Well, if the cap fitz.

Well, if the cap fitz.

Isn't that a German thing?
    Mmm

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement