Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you feel about Dublin having a native minority population?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Billy86 wrote: »
    The same London hat is safer than Dublin? Again by that logic we need more migrants and I'm sure you won't go trying to sift the goalposts on it either.

I don’t need to shift any goalposts. You didn’t think your post through. It just looks silly all by itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Dubliners have always been a mixed bag and the cities alway welcomed people from all over the world.

The increase in average human heterozygosity due to urbanisation leads to stronger people that live longer and less health problems in cities. This, along with less car dependency leads to much healthier people.

Look at the physical shape of the Dublin football team for instance.

Googles......

Ah that's what the real word is! Cheers Rambo!

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

Look at the physical shape, looks, teeth, jaw line, bone structure of the Dublin football team for instance.

Yes by far the best looking team. Look at that Gooch thing that played for Kerry. What the f*ck was that even, some kind of gargoyle?

So what are your examples of this actually happening here in Ireland right now? How is sharia law actively being imposed on us?

He's just some young idiot who can't get laid. Has to vent his frustrations in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Mutant z wrote: »
    Sharia law for one many muslims have no intention ever integrating they want to takeover and impose their own ideology onto the rest of society, why are they coming here in the first place if they don't respect our culture or way of life.

where has sharia law been imposed on the rest of society in ireland?
    Its inevitable as the Islamic population grows the demands start to get bigger does anyone truly believe having more muslims can improve a society.

I'd say there are SOME people living under Sharia Law, and possibly not everyone doing it voluntarily - usually women and girls.

But it's not yet widespread by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its inevitable as the Islamic population grows the demands start to get bigger does anyone truly believe having more muslims can improve a society.

that is just nonsense. Sharia law has not affected you in any way and nor will it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Googles......

Ah that's what the real word is! Cheers Rambo!

Lol, basically a bigger and more diverse mix makes a healthier, stronger, less in-bred population. People with African, Asian, European roots can still be Dublin natives, they always have been.

Ghettoization, terrorism, no go zones, extremism, safe zones for women, are just one of the many hallmarks of the issues an increased Islamic presence has brought to the western world.

Ghettoization, terrorism, no go zones, extremism, safe zones for women, are just one of the many hallmarks of the issues an increased Islamic presence has brought to the western world.

Well you better stay indoors for the rest of your life.

• Advertisement

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Of course. The inherent selfishness of the liberal never ceases to amaze me.

I'd say about your children but you people usually fail to reproduce.

Am I liberal? Selfishness how? I don't care how the country will look in 100 years. Are you going to spend the rest of your life worrying about it?

that is just nonsense. Sharia law has not affected you in any way and nor will it.
    That's only because their numbers have been too small so far can you imagine what will happen if they start to become anywhere near the majority just look at what has happened in Lebanon and elsewhere in the ME to anyone who isn't a Muslim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Mutant z wrote:

And what areas of Ireland is that happening in again?

No it hasn't happened yet you see, but it's all ahead of us, or something.
    These are the types who absolutely love it when there are terrorist attacks and immediately comment on the journal. "Diversity at its best!!". How f*cking witty you are!

Sardine wrote: »
    Why would I care? I'll be dead!

Of course. The inherent selfishness of the liberal never ceases to amaze me.

I'd say about your children but you people usually fail to reproduce.
    Dismissing it doesn't mean its not a problem look at places like Malmo in Sweden for instance, the fact is Sweden was once among the loveliest countries in the world now its been turned into a crime wave 3rd world sh1thole.

All those things existed before increased Muslim presence.
    Perhaps you are very young?

Dismissing it doesn't mean its not a problem look at places like Malmo in Sweden for instance, the fact is Sweden was once among the loveliest countries in the world now its been turned into a crime wave 3rd world sh1thole.

I better tell my mate that lives in Gothenberg and is raising a family there that he needs to get the hell out of there asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You've been to Malmo?
    Or have you been watching infowars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lonodonistan is the acid attack capital of the world. I know Ireland is changing but I don't need that kind of third world diversity.
    Simple queation - would you like Dublin to have a lower overall crime and murder rate or not?

• Advertisement

Mutant z wrote:

Its already happening elsewhere in Europe so why should Ireland be any special, the fact is multiculturalism has caused huge problems to arise which previously weren't there, how can you for instance can you expect those with vastly different religious believes to come here and integrate it just simply doesn't work, where has it truly worked if you are being honest with yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

And again, you're doing your argument absolutely no favours with over the top nonsense like calling Sweden 3rd world.

Its already happening elsewhere in Europe so why should Ireland be any special, the fact is multiculturalism has caused huge problems to arise which previously weren't there, how can you for instance can you expect those with vastly different religious believes to come here and integrate it just simply doesn't work, where has it truly worked if you are being honest with yourself.

There were a few 2nd gen Muslims on my team when I worked in London. Didn't drink or come to the pub with us but always brought me in really nice Afghan and Pakistani food and were just sound lads. I've yet to meet any of the monsters you describe.
    Why don't you give us some real world examples of what you've experienced with Muslims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

thebull85 wrote: »
    I feel like it every time i pop into Dublin 1.

Can't say I've noticed, but then I'm not a racist.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

"The Rose of Tralee Winner isn't really Irish"
    "Is it ok to be proud to be white?"
    "How would you feel about Dublin having a native minority population?"

I see that the same user is responsible for at least 2/3 of the above threads.

AH is turning into politics.ie which is a hornet's nest of bitter, angry people raging about everything and anything.

Here's a post from their own Rose of Tralee thread:

Hopefully AH can be saved before it descends into stuff like the above.

Far too late for that. Boards.ie and in particular AH is now an Irish version of Info Wars or Stormfront. Mods seem fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'm pretty ok with the extinction of native Dubliners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The postet quoted my post about Dublin 1 though thats how this started, he said he the census backed it up. Refused to link to the census because he was wrong.

Dishonestly changing the location. Here's your post:
    Extremely naive post. I dont know if there are the statistics out there, but Dublin (city) already looks like there are more non irish than natives.

The stats (which obviously are out there - surprisingly enough on the Central Statistics Office website) have proven you wrong.

bubblypop wrote: »

All those things existed before increased Muslim presence.
    Perhaps you are very young?
    No its gotten much worse look across European cities were barriers are being erected around major monuments, everything is getting more and more inaccessible, look at the huge threat Islamic terrorism poses you can't tell me that this is normal. The fact is European security has been beefed up in a way it has never been before because of the threat we are living under I've seen what has happened ed, in London, Paris, Cologne, Stockholm do know i don't want that crap here. The same loons who say Ireland is safe from Islamic terrorism would have said the same about those other places until it happened so its them who have their heads wedged up their arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

endacl wrote: »
    Place has been full of culchies for decades. We're well used to it.

:D

Well someone has to help you try and run the place ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

And again, you're doing your argument absolutely no favours with over the top nonsense like calling Sweden 3rd world.
    Have you seen what has been happening there recently it isn't pretty but you can dismiss it if you want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

once it doesn't affect D4, we will build a wall and make the rest of Dublin for it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nobody likes to talk about these things.

Oh please, there is a sizable proportion of people who will never bloody shut up about it.

But it makes them feel better to think they are being silenced rather than acknowledging that the majority have heard them and think they are shrill, hyperbolic and not worth listening to.

Have you seen what has been happening there recently

Have you seen it?
    Have you been to Sweden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Look at the physical shape, looks, teeth, jaw line, bone structure of the Dublin football team for instance.

What have I just read

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Nobody likes to talk about these things.

Oh please, there is a sizable proportion of people who will never bloody shut up about it.

But it makes them feel better to think they are being silenced rather than acknowledging that the majority have heard them and think they are shrill, hyperbolic and not worth listening to.
    The majority of the population are against open borders it's just not reflected by the agenda driven media that's all but the general public won't be consulted for their views immigration will keep bring pushed regardless.

The majority of the population are against open borders it's just not reflected by the agenda driven media that's all but the general public won't be consulted for their views immigration will keep bring pushed regardless.

The majority of the public are against racist morons too, but hey ho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sardine wrote: »
    Well we do. Who's going to do the sh*tty jobs? All the cleaners in our office are from Brazil and other places. I doubt they're illiterate. No Irish people will do these jobs any more.
    Who's culture is hostile to our own? Is it only Muslims you don't want here?

There's been 4 cleaners in my office in the time I've worked here, all have been Irish.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Don't forget this was the case with many Irish going abroad over the last few hundred years. Farmers without a word of English heading off to New York. Farmers they didn't need but they were still made welcome

Made welcome might be stretching the facts a little. "No Irish Need Apply" - surely you've seen the pictures!

But regardless, they went in their droves and I personally think that for a nation who have historically travelled the world in seek of a better life (an a bit of craic:)) we should be a bit more hospitable to those who come here for similar reasons.

We're supposed to be the land of the céid míle fáilte after all. It's about time we started living up to that reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

silverharp wrote: »
    once it doesn't affect D4, we will build a wall and make the rest of Dublin for it

The rest of Dublin will build a wall around D4 too, and happily pay for it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Ah yes, I remember that massive support for Pegida March and all the seats the nationalist party won... Oh wait! Public must be a part of the media conspiracy...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

We don't have open borders.

No one does and no one is proposing them, its an asinine point in the extreme.

The public are consulted for their views every bloody election.

RayCun wrote: »

The majority of the public are against racist morons too, but hey ho.
    Wanting sensible immigration policies isn't racist wanting the best and the brightest from other countries isn't racist either its about productivity and what you can bring to a country also opposing a totalitarian ideology isn't racist just common sense that's all most people ask for a common sense immigration system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Never been to Malmo. Have you? All I know is they got to the final of the European Cup in 1979.
    Forest beat them.
    **** match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What have I just read

I'm not sure, I don't see Calvin Klein picking up the phone any time soon though!

https://www.dublingaa.ie/teams/senior-football

Never been to Malmo. Have you? All I know is they got to the final of the European Cup in 1979.
    Forest beat them.
    **** match.

Ah the goal was okay!

I'm not sure, I don't see Calvin Klein picking up the phone any time soon though!

National Geographic possibly!

Podge_irl wrote: »

We don't have open borders.

No one does and no one is proposing them, its an asinine point in the extreme.

The public are consulted for their views every bloody election.
    Now you're having a laugh who votes anyone in for more Immigrstion, i suppose there was also an election to vote for someone to give travellers an ethnic status how many politicians keep their promises they hold pre election very few i expect, politicians are voted for all sorts of reasons but increasing immigration or pandering to every minority group in society certainly isn't one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Now you're having a laugh who votes anyone in for more Immigrstion, i suppose there was also an election to vote for someone to give travellers an ethnic status how many politicians keep their promises they hold pre election very few i expect, politicians are voted for all sorts of reasons but increasing immigration or pandering to every minority group in society certainly isn't one of them.

Then go vote for someone else. Or, if you don't like any of their platforms, put yourself up for election.
    Take some responsibility instead of crying on the internet.

wanting the best and the brightest from other countries isn't racist either its about productivity and what you can bring to a country

Can we do a swap deal?
    If nobody will take our discards, can we fire them out to sea in an enormous catapult?

RayCun wrote: »
    Can we do a swap deal?
    If nobody will take our discards, can we fire them out to sea in an enormous catapult?

** crosses fingers **

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Shenshen wrote: »
    Then go vote for someone else. Or, if you don't like any of their platforms, put yourself up for election.
    Take some responsibility instead of crying on the internet.

And this is why the far right are on the rise on the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yeah, I see where you're coming from but catwalk and magazine modelling doesn't really reflect health, strength, fitness, good genealogy and longevity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement