Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you feel about Dublin having a native minority population?

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Shenshen wrote: »
    Then go vote for someone else. Or, if you don't like any of their platforms, put yourself up for election.
    Take some responsibility instead of crying on the internet.

There's a story on TheJournal about a knife attack in Paris. Usual sh*te in the comments"religion of peace, immigration, Muslims" blah blah.

Meanwhile 2 stories down, a woman with a knife injured a priest in Kilkenny. Totally different reaction.

Some people can't see they hypocrisy beyond their knee jerk racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Mutant z wrote: »
    Now you're having a laugh who votes anyone in for more Immigrstion, i suppose there was also an election to vote for someone to give travellers an ethnic status how many politicians keep their promises they hold pre election very few i expect, politicians are voted for all sorts of reasons but increasing immigration or pandering to every minority group in society certainly isn't one of them.

Then go vote for someone else. Or, if you don't like any of their platforms, put yourself up for election.
    Take some responsibility instead of crying on the internet.
    If Trump or Orban ran for election here i would have no problem voting for them unfortunately there's no one of that calibre here they are all carbon copies of each other so there's no one of note to vote for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If Trump or Orban ran for election here i would have no problem voting for them unfortunately there's no one of that calibre here they are all carbon copies of each other so there's no one of note to vote for.

why does that not surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You didn't have to tell us that. I only had to read a few of your post to know you'd be a Trump supporter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Have you seen what has been happening there recently it isn't pretty but you can dismiss it if you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

You'd be one of the very few.

There's some hilarious videos on YouTube asking Trump supporters what he's actually done. They don't have an answer

Sleeper12 wrote: »

You didn't have to tell us that. I only had to read a few of your post to know you'd be a Trump supporter:)
    And what's wrong with respecting a leader who wants to put his own citizens and country 1st are you one of these whining snowflakes who is throwing a tantrum because your favourite candidate didn't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Potatoeman wrote: »
    And this is why the far right are on the rise on the continent.

What, they never ran for office before and have only now figured out how to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from but catwalk and magazine modelling doesn't really reflect health, strength, fitness, good genealogy and longevity.

True.

Plus - I don't think that Calvin fúcker even played inter county, let alone won a string of all Irelands.

So there:)

So what's stopping you from running yourself, if you're really that concerned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

True.

Plus - I don't think that Calvin fúcker even played inter county, let alone won a string of all Irelands.

So there:)

The jerseys would have been amazing!

And what's wrong with respecting a leader who wants to put his own citizens and country 1st are you one of these whining snowflakes who is throwing a tantrum because your favourite candidate didn't win.

image-1329110-galleryV9-slpx-1329110.jpg

They can't all be first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Does he feck put his citizens and country first. He's a self-serving, hypocritical moron.

image-1329110-galleryV9-slpx-1329110.jpg

They can't all be first....
    Most of them put the EU and Merkel's wishes 1st how many people have been consulted on the migrant crisis for instance and the facilitation of illegal immigration into Europe its Merkel who is pushing it onto everyone else without their say so.

Most of them put the EU and Merkel's wishes 1st how many people have been consulted on the migrant crisis for instance and the facilitation of illegal immigration into Europe its Merkel who is pushing it onto everyone else without their say so.

What, every single right-wing party in Europe follows what Merkel says? Wow, I never knew that.

What, every single right-wing party in Europe follows what Merkel says? Wow, I never knew that.
    She's the one who has been forcing quotas on other countries and threatening to fine those who don't comply, so she is forcing everyone else to burden share if she wants these migrants so much why doesn't she take them in herself and let every other country decide its own immigration policy how it sees fit.

She's the one who has been forcing quotas on other countries and threatening to fine those who don't comply, so she is forcing everyone else to burden share if she wants these migrants so much why doesn't she take them in herself and let every other country decide its own immigration policy how it sees fit.

Well, this is the first time I'm hearing someone assert that the European right-wing parties take instructions from Merkel.

Mutant z wrote:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just pointed out that I think most poster would expect you to be a trump supporter before you announced it

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Mutant z wrote:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just pointed out that I think most poster would expect you to be a trump supporter before you announced it
    How so.

Mutant z wrote:
    How so.

Have you read your post???

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

If the skangers are eliminated, I've no problem. If its the genuine hard working native working class Dubliners, like my friends and I, we're being squeezed out by skangers on welfare on one side, and real estate developers to the right. We can't afford the place anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He's currently using his twitter to defend a white collar criminal who was effectively stealing from the US public by not paying tax. Strong indications that he's in bed with a foreign regime and he has committed federal crimes. Seems like he puts himself first rather than America while ironically throwing regular tantrums on social media... :D He's such a snowflake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

What, they never ran for office before and have only now figured out how to do that?

There is a class divide on the issue. Middle and upper class people are very pro immigration as it drives working class salaries lower while also virtue signaling how progressive they are but won’t live in the areas they import these people into. This results in ghettos and social unrest. The far right are the only parties speaking out against the problems with mass immigration so they are getting more popular as more people are negatively impacted by the results of mass immigration. Just look at how well these parties are doing now versus ten years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

batgoat wrote: »
    That's not going to account for the massive non Irish population that the op has hallucinated.

Its not a hallucination, hell even people who 99% percent of the time disagree with me on here have said the same thing. Town is full of foreigners and anyone would be forgiven for thinking they out number the Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This whole "we'll be a minority in our own town" is a load of crap.

Bradford in the U.K. is often thought of the most densely populated area for migrants is still 2/3 "native English".

"In the 2011 census, it stated that 67.44% (352,317) of the city's population was White (All White ethnic groups), 2.48% (12,979) (Mixed ethnic groups), 26.83% (140,149) (All Asian ethnic groups), 1.77% (9,267) (All Black ethnic groups) and 1.48% (7,740) (all other ethnic groups)."

Dublin is light years from getting to where Bradford is now
    Have you ever seen Stacey Dooley's documentary, My Hometown Fanatics, on her home town of Luton? You should, it's very interesting, and it's repeated every now and then on BBC4 or BBC2. The latest stats are that the population is 54% white in Luton but that's including the Irish and Eastern Europeans, so English white people are more than likely in the minority. There's a lot of tension there between the Muslim community and the English Defence League.

Multiculturalism is great sometimes, bringing new foods, ideas, music etc. but if people don't try to integrate to the existing society, it can bring nothing to hardship and tension to an area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

thebull85 wrote: »
    Its not a hallucination, hell even people who 99% percent of the time disagree with me on here have said the same thing. Town is full of foreigners and anyone would be forgiven for thinking they out number the Irish

The census doesn't back you up, thinking they outnumber them you is perception.... It's not the reality though as has been pointed out to you already. You'll also find that plenty of non white people are in fact Irish and very much so 'natives'..... So cheer up, Ireland has natives of many races, probably best to leave if it upsets you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I hear they have taken over Finglas, you live there. What's it like being a minority. I'm from Finglas myself, being a long time since I left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Town is full of foreigners and anyone would be forgiven for thinking they out number the Irish

We also call them tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I would be indifferent.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    I hear they have taken over Finglas, you live there. What's it like being a minority. I'm from Finglas myself, being a long time since I left

Stil very few here, but defo more moving in, i think the fear factor that was there before is gone.

Charlestown is filled with non nationals but no one classes that as finglas .

dav3 wrote: »
    We also call them tourists.

Yeah the tourists are very obviously tourists... im not talking about tourists though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

This thread is exactly the same as your other ones, race-baiting shite OP. I'm sure some people will complain about me closing this, let me set the record straight, I do not care.

OP, you are prohibited from creating any more threads about immigration, race, skin colour, "Irishness" etc, we're not stupid, we can see exactly what you're doing here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement