Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision without a need of set up box?

Options
  • 22-08-2018 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey folks, (this question isn't directed to eir staff as they are not supporting this) 
    If this is a wrong forum please forgive me I do apologise in advance :) 

I need a help with what I think should be possible:

I would like to open evision udp multicast stream on any other device that will accept that stream.  

setup I am using: eircom F??? modem in bridge mode with edgerouter-x 

I have igmp proxy setup so that I receive stream on set up box fine.
    Now, I would like to open VLC on my laptop and open udp stream / channel there. 
    igmproxy for laptop subnet is added and I can see igmp multicast flooding the subnet. 
    I open vlc and open up say udp://@239.192.3.171:1234 
    VLC will say that it has opened the stream successfully but no audio/video is present. 
    tcpdump show udp packets flowing in. 
    So, I do wonder if I need something specific to eir (codec, spoof set up box in vlc?) so that I could watch it on vlc? Final idea is to have it on iptv client that my smart tv has built in and getting rid of  hopefully unnecessary eir box. 

Advertisement