Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toilet keeps running

• 22-08-2018 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,
    Photos attached.
    I've done a search on past threads but I'm at a loss because of my utter lack of plumbing knowledge combined with the fact that the inside of my cistern doesn't look like any of the pictures I've seen...
    So, at first after flushing the cistern would refill very slowly. A few weeks later, it started refilling at normal speed but there would be a constant trickle of water coming out of the top of that white vertical stick thing on the right.
    Now that trickle is more like a stream, it's quite noisy and an awful waste of water.

Is that something I can fix myself or should I call a plumber?
    It's in an apartment, not a house, on the 2nd of 3 floors, if it matters.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The diaphragm rubber inside the filling valve needs to be replaced.
    The make of the valve is Torbek.
    The water needs to be isolated, the large blue nut unscrews the outer assembly and the rubber is in there.
    There is also a filter in the same place which could probably do with a clean.
    They are one of the fiddliest ones to change, as you have to get a thin locating pin in through a narrow opening on the diaphragm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Thank you so much for your help!
    Sounds like I should probably get professional help...

Advertisement