Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Service

Options
  • 22-08-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi
    I depend on my mobile a lot as the eir wifi is awful where i live.
    Recently my eir mobile can’t get a service and i used to receive a perfect 3G signal but it’s now gone.

Gone through troubleshooting with new sims etc .. also when relatives call no service on their eir phone either
    Paying for a service which is pretty pointless i receive texts saying missed important calls when i am out where there is coverage as i depend on both data and phone a lot

would appreciate a response
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Switch provider.
    I find three's coverage very good no matter where I am.
    Weren't eir previously meteor? Thought they had some known blackspots.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭123scal

Switch provider.
    I find three's coverage very good no matter where I am.
    Weren't eir previously meteor? Thought they had some known blackspots.

The problem is I signed into a contract a year ago with eir and found the coverage perfect. but now it is absolute appalling and useless
    Was also with three before and the coverage is extremely better than Eirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

I'll assume its a two year contract then which included the phone. You could enquire how much it would be to buy out the rest of it, giving out sh1te about the coverage might help :-).

I'll assume its a two year contract then which included the phone. You could enquire how much it would be to buy out the rest of it, giving out sh1te about the coverage might help :-).

I will see what the eir rep on here says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

123scal wrote: »
    Hi
    I depend on my mobile a lot as the eir wifi is awful where i live.
    Recently my eir mobile can’t get a service and i used to receive a perfect 3G signal but it’s now gone.

Gone through troubleshooting with new sims etc .. also when relatives call no service on their eir phone either
    Paying for a service which is pretty pointless i receive texts saying missed important calls when i am out where there is coverage as i depend on both data and phone a lot

would appreciate a response
    Thanks
    Hi 123scal,

Can you advise what location you're experiencing this issue, how long this has been happening and is it happening indoors only?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi 123scal,

Can you advise what location you're experiencing this issue, how long this has been happening and is it happening indoors only?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah
    It is happening in the Glenbrohane Garrypsillane Area in Co.Limerick
    I used to have perfect 3G but now for the last 2 weeks it is gone
    it happens until i go 10 minutes away from where i need
    no one else in my area is with eir but when people come who are on eir don’t have service
    thanks

123scal wrote: »
    Hi Sarah
    It is happening in the Glenbrohane Garrypsillane Area in Co.Limerick
    I used to have perfect 3G but now for the last 2 weeks it is gone
    it happens until i go 10 minutes away from where i need
    no one else in my area is with eir but when people come who are on eir don’t have service
    thanks

Just to let you i cannot get service outdoor and other networks provide both 4G indoor and out door

Advertisement