Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Increase Query

Options
  • 23-08-2018 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

I did not get notification of the increase in prices from the 1st August. Did you contact your customers to inform them of the increase? I would have expected an email at the very least.

I did find details on your website after I did my own research. However I notice that while it states an increase in both gas and electricity prices, the gas standing charge was also increased. I do not see that mentioned on your website. I would have expected a notice that both unit prices and standing charge were to increase.

Regards
    PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ProjectMoose,

Thank you for getting in touch.

A media release was issued on 27th June regarding the Electric Ireland price increase. This change is a combination of unit rate and standing charge.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thank you Una.

Did you contact your customers directly to inform them of the increase?

The media release does not make it clear that the unit price and standing charge were both increasing. It was only after I received my bill that i realised the standing charge had also increased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ProjectMoose,

The information regarding the price increase was just publicised through the media release, which was sent to various media outlets, and the price refers to unit rate and standing charge combined.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement