Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting confirmation of EPA registered with fathers account

Options
  • 23-08-2018 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My wife and her sister went to my father-in-laws bank branch on the 7th August in order to register as joint EPA for the account holder.

They gave all relevant documents (certified copy of registration of EPA, photo ID and proof of address). They were assured that all was in order and that all would be registered in around 5 working days.

As of yet they have heard nothing from Bank of Ireland. My wife did get through to someone this morning at the bank but got cut off. She then rang again and the person she spoke to said they saw nothing on the account suggesting they had been registered on the account.

My wife was given a different number to ring to query things but that number is going straight to voicemail.

Is there anyone here who can provide some assistance or insight? I'm sure you can appreciate that the whole process of finding yourself in a position where your parent no longer has the faculties to look after their own affairs is a difficult, stressful and ultimately heartbreaking thing in its own right.

Some level of communication or customer service in handling the issue would at least go some way to alleviating the unnecessary stress that has accumulated due to the lack of efficiency in this matter over the last couple of weeks.

Please let me know if you could be of some help,

Thanks,
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Shane,

We can completely understand the difficulties of this situation.
    Enduring Power of Attorneys do need to go through our legal department. I am very sorry that you were given a timeframe that wasn't stuck to.
    If your wife was given a direct line, that would be her contact and the best thing to do would be to leave a voicemail.

We can assure you that you will be contacted once we have an update for you. 

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement