Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Icke on Ryan Tubridy

• 23-08-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭

David Icke talking to Ryan Tubridy now.
    Getting stuck into each other at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has he mentioned the lizard people yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Yeah.
    Sounds insane.
    But it would be nice if Tubridy was more balanced.
    Maybe asking him about speaking about Savile while everyone else looked the other way. He's not completely insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

David Icke talking to Ryan Tubridy now.
    Getting stuck into each other at the moment.

Getting stuck into each other? That's Icke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Yeah.
    Sounds insane.
    But it would be nice if Tubridy was more balanced.
    Maybe asking him about knowing about Savile while everyone else looked the other way. He's not completely insane.

That's more of a stopped clock being right twice. He's literally claimed half the globe are paedophiles... Plus Savile rumours were about for decades so at most he reiterated what everyone heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pen123

Personally I don't believe in the lizard people but if it is true i think we can all agree Tubridy is definitely a lizard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I hope Icke is addressing the conspiracy that is keeping Tubridy in paid employment at RTE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I for one welcome our new lizard overlords.

Except the chameleons, can never find the buggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

For a man that believes in lizards, he's going to fell vindicated looking at Tubridy, who looks like a generic iguana type creature standing on its back legs.

razorblunt wrote: »
    For a man that believes in lizards, he's going to fell vindicated looking at Tubridy, who looks like a gecko standing on its back legs.

My client, Gordon the Gecko, would like you to withdraw that wholly unfair and unflattering comparison!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I don't think Icke ever named Saville before he died and the truth came out. Fair play to him making millions on lizard men and the moon being a spaceship conspiracy theories though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

My client, Gordon the Gecko, would like you to withdraw that wholly unfair and unflattering comparison!!

Comment withdrawn, no offence meant to Gordon.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Comment withdrawn, no offence meant to Gordon.

He appreciates that! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a red dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Presumably this guy was brought on so Turbiddy could ridicule him.
    What's the point? Haven't even heard a mention of him for ten years or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

kneemos wrote: »

I think the point is self-promotion. He has a show in Dublin tomorrow and a new book.

The event is sold out though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Of course you haven't since the MSM has been trying to keep him silenced ever since he got so close to the truth. Thank God for champions of free speech like Tubridy who are willing to risk their lives and careers so that we can have one last chance to break the conditioning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jordata wrote: »
    I think the point is self-promotion. He has a show in Dublin tomorrow and a new book.

The event is sold out though.

Sold out doesn't necessarily mean anything,depends on the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

I'm sorry but I have to say this......he's a Loon!!

And David Icke is a bit odd too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Been right about governing world politics for years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Taytoland wrote: »

So you are fine with giving your loyalty to a reptile?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MarkAOReilly

Icke is kind of loveable in his insanity.

I think he is being honest and means well and genuinely believes this stuff, as opposed to con men selling conspiracy theories like Alex Jones.

.........That doesn't make him any more correct though and every word he says in an affront to critical thinking.

This guys still sells out big events.....that last like 8 hours!

Don't think I could stick it myself but he's still a prominent figure in the looney circles

His interview on talkradio recently about A-B politics is rather correct. Of course the Lizard stuff is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sometimes I wonder is Icke actually mad, or is he just playing a game?

After all, he's made probably a million or so from all his books etc, doing tours preaching to the brain dead folk who believe what he is spouting.

Barking all the way to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sold out doesn't necessarily mean anything,depends on the venue.

The Helix - so around 1800 seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This guys still sells out big events.....that last like 8 hours!

Don't think I could stick it myself but he's still a prominent figure in the looney circles

He must be only doing the highlights in dublin. He is only doing 4.5 hours. 1800 seats at €30 a pop is nothing to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder is Icke actually mad, or is he just playing a game?

After all, he's made probably a million or so from all his books etc, doing tours preaching to the brain dead folk who believe what he is spouting.

Barking all the way to the bank.

Where some are professional trolls in the mould of Katie Hopkins, I'd rank Icke as a Professional Fruitcake. He knows what he is doing making outlandish claims and talking conspiracy rubbish.

For me it's the way he speaks, espousing nonsense in that deliberate, articulate manner that marks him out. He knows his shtick would fall apart if he delivered the same material like a stark raving lunatic. He wouldn't even be the slightest bit embarrassed by becoming a national laughing stock or becoming associated with topics such as lizard people. He is a businessman and to get such media attention is great for business.

It's his intelligent delivery of his rubbish beliefs that makes me believe he knows exactly what he is doing, that he himself knows he is talking ****e but more importantly he knows how to deliver it in order to gain credibility with gullible people who lap up his material and bulk up his bank account. People love to believe in the big bad government and a whole raft of conspiracy guff and when it's delivered by Icke, who is clearly an intelligent man, such people are like putty in his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

pen123 wrote: »
    Personally I don't believe in the lizard people but if it is true i think we can all agree Tubridy is definitely a lizard.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's par for the course for unionism lets face it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

His interview on talkradio recently about A-B politics is rather correct. Of course the Lizard stuff is nonsense.

So many of his interviews on radio are on subjects where his views are surprisingly commonplace. Especially the views of Britain and the EU, you will hear these views in UKIP or the tory party all the time. On Israel/Palestine you will hear similar views on the left in Sinn Fein, and similar views have been expressed in speeches in the seanad/Dail here by David Norris or Richard Boyd Barrett. His views on the financial crash and homeless crisis are fairly middle of road. It is surprising.

But then he can never get away from the lizard/son of God/moon is a spaceship etc. commentaries he has churned out, which somewhat devalue any sense he may talk the rest of the time.

Odhinn wrote: »

It's par for the course for unionism lets face it.
    Obsessed with my politics. It's very odd.

So many of his interviews on radio are on subjects where his views are surprisingly commonplace. Especially the views of Britain and the EU, you will hear these views in UKIP or the tory party all the time. On Israel/Palestine you will hear similar views on the left in Sinn Fein, and similar views have been expressed in speeches in the seanad/Dail here by David Norris or Richard Boyd Barrett. His views on the financial crash and homeless crisis are fairly middle of road. It is surprising.

But then he can never get away from the lizard/son of God/moon is a spaceship etc. commentaries he has churned out, which somewhat devalue any sense he may talk the rest of the time.
    Yes that is what I was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

He probably has some interesting things to say but I just can't listen to him after he proclaimed on Wogan he was the Son of God, come on now, please.

If you interested 2 minutes in.

I think Icke is out there enough to actually literally mean lizard people when he says lizard people.

Most of his fellow more grounded and more antisemetic conspiracy theorists just replace that element with Jews and keep the rest the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Icke is out there enough to actually literally mean lizard people when he says lizard people.

Most of his fellow more grounded and more antisemetic conspiracy theorists just replace that element with Jews and keep the rest the same.

Oh Icke is very fond of that subject as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He's no Noel Edmunds.

Now there's a loon I would seriously consider paying money to hear.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He's no Noel Edmunds.

Now there's a loon I would seriously consider paying money to hear.

What was his mad idea ? Cosmic Ordering or something ???

Whoever thought they'd live to see a day when Mr Blobby and the Gotcha Oscar seemed sane in comparison!

He probably has some interesting things to say but I just can't listen to him after he proclaimed on Wogan he was the Son of God, come on now, please.
    If you interested 2 minutes in.
    Seems more like a self-conscious charlatan than a nutcase. I would put him in the same category as those faith healers who had earpieces feeding them info about the audience. He's making this stuff up because there's a market for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The Helix - so around 1800 seats.

Tickets were something like €35 and it's sold out. That would be a gross 63 grand for a nights work. Take out the venue hire and a bit around promotion and the guy has to be clearing enough to be a multi millionare doing even one of these a week, year on year.

Don't begrudge him it at all, like Alex Jones it's a business and people go for the show, like any other. Not everyone could handle the public ridicule and character assasination. But on those numbers he is part of the 1% himself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Tickets were something like €35 and it's sold out. That would be a gross 63 grand for a nights work. Take out the venue hire and a bit around promotion and the guy has to be clearing enough to be a multi millionare doing even one of these a week, year on year.

Don't begrudge him it at all, like Alex Jones it's a business and people go for the show, like any other. Not everyone could handle the public ridicule and character assasination. But on those numbers he is part of the 1% himself....

Icke was doing well but his divorce crippled him financially.
    He's now living in a flat on the Isle of Wight.

• Advertisement

Hey, all those snazzy tracksuits don't come cheap! hah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Tubridy really is unbearable. A snivelling little worm circling the posterior ring of a ghoul or vampire.

Advertisement