Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Cancellation! Another one!

Options
  • 23-08-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

In early June I wrote to Eir to cancel my account due to moving home, using the template from Eir;
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eir.ie%2Fopencms%2Fexport%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2F.content%2Fpdf%2Fterms%2Fnotice_letter.doc&usg=AOvVaw2aVSHmeFue66hewFYHaW8B

In July I received a bill and contacted eir via chat to confirm cancellation - which hadn't been done. So I submitted a complaint.

No action.

In August I got another bill. I submitted another complaint, adding that I had blocked the direct debit for the July bill. Your wonderful customer service emailed me saying "Oh, to pay your bill, please call xxxx".

I replied asking them to actually read my complaint. They then replied, ignoring everything I said and demanding 30 days verbal notice.

I copied/pasted the section of the Eir T&Cs saying I need to give 30 days WRITTEN notice, and I asked for my complaint reference number and the log of the webchat from July.

Now they're ignoring me.

Redacted email chain attached (as well as a screenshot of my documents folder showing the 3 cancellation letters I wrote on the same day to different service providers, as well as a screenshot of the actual letter)

Hopefully someone with a smidgeon of competence will look at this.  I would especially like to get my complaint reference number so I can log something with ComReg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

In the meantime I've already opened a new account at my new house, so it's not like I'm trying to avoid paying a bill or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

In the meantime I've already opened a new account at my new house, so it's not like I'm trying to avoid paying a bill or anything!

Advertisement